MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Esox
Waterboy

Re: MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

Post by Esox »

I'm a Packers fan that sometimes reads your boards. I don't usually post on rival teams' boards, and just registered for this one. My condolences on AP going down. The guy is a great player, a class act, and a huge part of the Packers-Vikings rivalry. I hope he can come back from it.
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

lets hope he has surgery right now!!! start the healing/rehab now..dont wait...get it done
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

OJVIKE wrote:lets hope he has surgery right now!!! start the healing/rehab now..dont wait...get it done

I believe they will repair the MCL right away and wont/cant do the ACL until the MCL is healed, or vice versa, either way, its a bad, bad deal.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

such a terrible year. i never felt this bad being a vikings fan ever. :cry:
visitingbearsfan
Rookie

Post by visitingbearsfan »

I have been a fan of AD since his freshman year at OU and wanted to bring some optimism to the board. He is a freak of nature who is in incredible shape and will receive the best medical care there is. A lot of posts are predicting that he will not be able to regain his old form. While he might lose something, he is one of those rare physical specimens that sometimes defy nature.

A few facts on rbi's who have torn ACL's:

Frank Gore tore his in 2001 and has been an above average back

Willis McGahee has played his entire career after blowing out his MCL, ACL and PCL

Jamal Lewis ran for 2066 yards two years after tearing his ACL

So while there is reason to worry there is also reason to have hope.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

visitingbearsfan wrote:I have been a fan of AD since his freshman year at OU and wanted to bring some optimism to the board. He is a freak of nature who is in incredible shape and will receive the best medical care there is. A lot of posts are predicting that he will not be able to regain his old form. While he might lose something, he is one of those rare physical specimens that sometimes defy nature.

Willis McGahee has played his entire career after blowing out his MCL, ACL and PCL

:thumbsup:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

visitingbearsfan wrote:I have been a fan of AD since his freshman year at OU and wanted to bring some optimism to the board. He is a freak of nature who is in incredible shape and will receive the best medical care there is. A lot of posts are predicting that he will not be able to regain his old form. While he might lose something, he is one of those rare physical specimens that sometimes defy nature.

Thanks for that......nice post.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

This all makes for a "Comeback Player of The Year" type of thing for next year. Go AP.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

If the MCL info is true, which I assume it is since no one has corrected it up to this point, my guess is that it's probably a "terrible triad" injury. Which is a torn ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. It's one of, if not the worst knee injury a player can sustain. Hope for the best for him, he's got a long and rough road of rehab ahead of him. As a physiotherapy student, I know how rough this is going to be for him. This is extremely bad news
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

saint33 wrote:If the MCL info is true, which I assume it is since no one has corrected it up to this point, my guess is that it's probably a "terrible triad" injury. Which is a torn ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. It's one of, if not the worst knee injury a player can sustain. Hope for the best for him, he's got a long and rough road of rehab ahead of him. As a physiotherapy student, I know how rough this is going to be for him. This is extremely bad news
Nope. Already confirmed that it's not a tear in the Pcl (or w/e the third is called), so its not the same injury that culpepper sustained. Just taking the positives @ this point....
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:For some reason I felt like I was waiting for this to happen.

I get nervous everytime AD has touched the ball saying in the back of mind "One of these days his ACL could go." And it finally happened.

IDK why I just did.
i agree. he has such a reckless style i'm really not suprised. i'm sick but not suprised. :(
majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by majorm »

While it's horrible that the injury happened, this is not the end of his career by any stretch. I have no doubt he'll come back as good as ever. He's young and strong and I believe mentally tough enough to do what it takes to push himself through the rehab.

Just look at recent Viking history. Robert Smith had his best years after two major knee injuries. Many players have come back from serious knee injuries and been productive.

So while tragic he suffered the injury and he will have a long road to recovery, I have full confidence we will see the same old AD once he's ready to go. I just hope we have a better Viking team to put around him when he gets back on the field.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

purple guy wrote:
I believe they will repair the MCL right away and wont/cant do the ACL until the MCL is healed, or vice versa, either way, its a bad, bad deal.
They also have to wait for swelling to go down, not that that would add a lot of recovery time, but anther reason that they have to wait.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Good post, thanks. Hopefully AD takes the right rcovery path and he can heal up back to his old self.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Adrian's surgery will be in 7-10 days. Now they are just keeping the Quad strong and weighting for the swelling to go down. This from Fraziers Monday presser. They sounded pretty optimistic that Adrian will be ready for the 2012 regualr season.