MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Re: MRI confirms torn ACL for Adrian Peterson

Post by FailedtoOpen »

CalVike wrote: As a fan, I wonder why the team seems cursed to historically tragic injuries and what next?
In the last 3 seasons we've had Cedric go down twice, EJ with a terrible injury, and AD with another terrible looking injury. Sucks really.
purpleTang
Rookie

Post by purpleTang »

CalVike wrote:This is as devastating as the day Daunte Culpepper went down vs Atlanta in the 2005. season. It totally turns upside down the franchise's plans for the future. As a person I feel just awful for AD, who has been the consumate professional from day 1 and a true class act in all respects. As a fan, I wonder why the team seems cursed to historically tragic injuries and what next? I firmly believe AD can be great again, but never again the transcendant difference maker that requires defenses to change their scheme just to control him. A sad day for all.
I agree. I was at the game today and when I seen that play, and watched his knee I just knew I got a sick feeling in my stomach and everything around me was silent I will remember that play forever and thats not good. I agree it just seems like Karma hates the Vikings or its fans either one. AD was a game changer and he is a class act, but having him on our team has given us reason to watch and I am sure he will return and be productive.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Noxage wrote:Absolutely heartbreaking.

Great player, great guy...I just feel sick.

One of the worst days in franchise history.
That says it all. This is absolutely heartbreaking.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

FailedtoOpen wrote:Adrian reminds me of Ronnie Lott in that he would do anything to play, sucks that this had to happen. However I believe Adrian would rather play and risk getting hurt than sit.

Worst thing is he won't be the same. 3rd season a Viking has gone with a destroyed knee and it sucks.
Who knows. If anyone can recover from that...Adrian can. Thank God it happened now and not later to give him plenty of time to recover. I feel for him...what a friggin' Christmas gift, huh?
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Vikefan68
Transition Player

Post by Vikefan68 »

So sad and definitely a blow to the franchise's future as AD was the face of it. I truly believe if anyone can come back it would be him but I fear it will sap a lot of what currently makes him so special which is his combo of size, speed/elusiveness and toughness. Heres hoping for successful surgery and rehab. In light of Cedric Griffin's acl issues I don't want to see AD rushed back too soon either.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

If it is any retribution at all, Terry Allen was able to play effectively after tearing his ACL....

This franchise is cursed, this injury just justifies it.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Of all the total A-holes running around in the NFL and the injury bug has to hit Adrian. Sucks as Adrian is one of the good human beings in the NFL. I just want to puke thinking of it. Hopefully he comes back from this. Like was said if anyone can its Adrian.

And this folks is why RB's hold out when they want a new contract. Lucky for Adrian he signed his before he had this injury.

I cant wait until 2012, or 2013, when Adrian comes back and gets his first rushing TD inside the Dome!
clockwork
Practice Squad

Post by clockwork »

With his injuries he shouldn't have been on the field......he was bound and determined to keep Toby Gerhart off the field......karma is hell....too bad...... :cry:
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

CalVike wrote:This is as devastating as the day Daunte Culpepper went down vs Atlanta in the 2005 season.
Not that it matters but Daunte went down in Carolina.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

shouldnt have been out there for meaningless games.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

hibbingviking wrote:shouldnt have been out there for meaningless games.

I have to disagree. He is an NFL player. NFL players are paid to play. What should the Vikings have done today? Sat Adrian, Jared Allen, Percy Harvin, Greenway, and others? Sucks injuries happen, and they are part of the game, but saying Adrian should have just sat these last games is wrong imo.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

NDVikeFan wrote:
I have to disagree. He is an NFL player. NFL players are paid to play. What should the Vikings have done today? Sat Adrian, Jared Allen, Percy Harvin, Greenway, and others? Sucks injuries happen, and they are part of the game, but saying Adrian should have just sat these last games is wrong imo.
not with your superstar rb that has a wreckless style and takes a beating. if it was for possibly a playoff spot i would agree to play him if he was 100% healthy. they gambled and lost. steelers are lucky big ben didnt get hurt.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

hibbingviking wrote: not with your superstar rb that has a wreckless style and takes a beating. if it was for possibly a playoff spot i would agree to play him if he was 100% healthy. they gambled and lost. steelers are lucky big ben didnt get hurt.
You really do not understand NFL football if you think they are going to sit the players as soon as playoffs become impossible. Guess every team should bench their star DLinemen too because they always take beatings in the trenches. It's just not how football works, I'm sorry, but you need to get over it. It was a terrible injury on an unlucky hit...that's the way it goes.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

hibbingviking wrote:
not with your superstar rb that has a wreckless style and takes a beating. if it was for possibly a playoff spot i would agree to play him if he was 100% healthy. they gambled and lost. steelers are lucky big ben didnt get hurt.
I don't really care about how this affects the team, I care about how it affects AD. I'm only maybe 1/8th as competitive as AD and even I would have played. There is no way you could tell that man he needs to sit, not with him knowing he's close to 1,000 yards and close to being the all time viking rushing leader. For some people playing football is more about the money, it's about the pride and I imagine AD has a ton of pride in himself and his team.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I know if I had AD's talent and physique I'd be running the football every chance I got. That guy would probably play for peanuts.....he just loves to run for paydirt, as long as he gets to clobber someone along the way.

I'm really in shock that this happened. I know it's a mathematical risk every player takes and it's not the first time it's happened to a great running back. That Redskin DB must feel horrible. I can't even imagine how Adrian feels tonight.