WR advise

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

purple guy
Hall of Famer

WR advise

Post by purple guy »

I either start V Jackson against Denver or Cruz (NYG) against the Saints?? Need points as Jordy Nelson and V Davis killed me on Thanksgiving!!!!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

WR advise

Post by dead_poet »

My gut says Cruz. Broncos defense has been solid. No mcNeil for Rivers and V-Jax gets Champ Bailey.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: WR advise

Post by dead_poet »

Hope you listened! Cruz lit it up (I have him in one league too).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

dead_poet wrote:Hope you listened! Cruz lit it up (I have him in one league too).

I didnt. Cruz scored more points than all of the 3 WRs I started, who are usually studs for me. I have Calvin, V Jackson, Jordy Nelson, Cruz, and J Jones. I sat Cruz :wallbang:

But I did win!
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

So Have 4 solid WRs, need to pick 3.
V Jackson
Jordy Nelson
V Cruz
Calvin Johnson

Calvin is a lock vs Minny. Im not sure if I should start Cruz or Jackson. I have Eli, and I fear they might struggle vs Dallas D, then I have 2 guys who dont score. Im already assured a playoff spot, so this week doesnt matter, but of course want to win.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purple guy wrote:So Have 4 solid WRs, need to pick 3.
V Jackson
Jordy Nelson
V Cruz
Calvin Johnson

Calvin is a lock vs Minny. Im not sure if I should start Cruz or Jackson. I have Eli, and I fear they might struggle vs Dallas D, then I have 2 guys who dont score. Im already assured a playoff spot, so this week doesnt matter, but of course want to win.
In my opinion, Cruz is unbenchable right now. So he's your #2. Boy, it's tough to choose between V-Jax and Nelson. Nelson has the better QB, but Jackson is the better talent. Rivers doesn't spread it out nearly as much as Rodgers. You're probably safe with either, and chances are no matter who you pick the guy on your bench will have between 5-10 points more when it's all said and done. I guess I like Jackson, seeing as though he's Rivers' #1 as opposed to Nelson, who is coming on strong but still is #2 to Jennings. If you're really concerned you might want to see who the corners are and make your decision from there, based on who has the easier matchup.

Good luck.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Ok, went with Cruz, Jackson, and Johnson. Last time I benched Jordy, it was a bad move, we'll see how it goes. I usually dont like a QB and WR from same team starting, when they play a solid opponent (when I have comparable options) , especially a division rival, potential for 2 players doing poorly. We'll see.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Should have started Jordy Nelson over Calvin forsure, and probably over V Jackson too..... :wallbang:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purple guy wrote:Should have started Jordy Nelson over Calvin forsure, and probably over V Jackson too..... :wallbang:
Who would've thought? The #1 or #2 overall WR was the #1 ranked WR in probably every "expert"'s rankings against one of the worst secondaries in football!

The good news is with Jennings' injury Nelson should be Rodgers' #1 for at least a game. That's valable.

I have Finley on one of my teams. Man has he disappointed this season (0 catches today). Maybe he'll pick up a couple more targets.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

dead_poet wrote: Who would've thought? The #1 or #2 overall WR was the #1 ranked WR in probably every "expert"'s rankings against one of the worst secondaries in football!

The good news is with Jennings' injury Nelson should be Rodgers' #1 for at least a game. That's valable.

I have Finley on one of my teams. Man has he disappointed this season (0 catches today). Maybe he'll pick up a couple more targets.
Yea, it should help. Man V Jackson is terribly inconsistent. Luckily I didnt need to win to get into the playoffs, Nelson id the only WR who did any good, and he was on the bench, he nearly outscored all 3 of the ones who were starting..lol.