Who do you drop?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Who do you drop?

Post by dead_poet »

Two scenarios on two different teams.

Scenario A

WRs: Fitz, Harvin, Manningham, Little, Julio Jones

I'm thinking about adding Brandon Lloyd as all the hubub ranks him pretty high (probably higher than anyone on my list outside of Fitz) and they expect after being reunited with Josh McDaniels he'll do very well. I'd need to drop two players (currently one over the limit after Julio returned from I.R.). I'm tentatively thinking about dropping Manningham and Little. Although part of me thinks Little is going to be very successful now that he's essentially the team's #1 (already posted a decent game last week).

Thoughts?

Scenario B

I have some bye week issues coming up. This week I'm hurting at TE. I have Gronk, Hernandez and Gates. Gronk/Hernandez are on bye and Gates is iffy. Fred Davis for whatever reason is just sitting out there. But in order to add him I'd have to drop either Gronk, Hernandez or Gates. Thoughts? Oh, I have both Gronk and Hernandez as essentially a defensive move and trade bait. So far, though, nobody has bitten.

Scenario B-2

Would you drop Tim Hightower in favor of Maurice Morris? Speculation is that Best may be out for the season with a concussion. I'm guessing he'll at least be out another couple of weeks. McFadden is on bye on a big week 8 matchup. Current RBs are: Ray Rice, McFadden, Tim Hightower and Jackie Battle. Hightower/Shannahan are pissing me off. I think Hightower has lost the lead back role but who knows. Anyway, would you make that switch?

This team currently looks like this:

QB(1): Eli Manning, Big Ben, Tim Tebow
RBs(2) : Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, Tim Hightower, Jackie Battle
WRs (2): DeSean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Victor Cruz, Greg Little
TEs (1): Gates, Gronk, Hernandez
Def: Ravens
K: Crosby

Currently sitting at 4-2 (should be 5-1 but I played the dude who had Rodgers when he put up his 6 TDs). Weakness is at quarterback but I'm hoping for big things out of Tebow (and kicking myself for not taking a chance on Cam Newton in the later rounds of the draft).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Who do you drop?

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Two scenarios on two different teams.

Scenario A

I'm thinking about adding Brandon Lloyd as all the hubub ranks him pretty high (probably higher than anyone on my list outside of Fitz) and they expect after being reunited with Josh McDaniels he'll do very well. I'd need to drop two players (currently one over the limit after Julio returned from I.R.). I'm tentatively thinking about dropping Manningham and Little. Although part of me thinks Little is going to be very successful now that he's essentially the team's #1 (already posted a decent game last week).

Thoughts?

Scenario B

I have some bye week issues coming up. This week I'm hurting at TE. I have Gronk, Hernandez and Gates. Gronk/Hernandez are on bye and Gates is iffy. Fred Davis for whatever reason is just sitting out there. But in order to add him I'd have to drop either Gronk, Hernandez or Gates. Thoughts? Oh, I have both Gronk and Hernandez as essentially a defensive move and trade bait. So far, though, nobody has bitten.

Scenario B-2

Would you drop Tim Hightower in favor of Maurice Morris? Speculation is that Best may be out for the season with a concussion. I'm guessing he'll at least be out another couple of weeks. McFadden is on bye on a big week 8 matchup. Current RBs are: Ray Rice, McFadden, Tim Hightower and Jackie Battle. Hightower/Shannahan are pissing me off. I think Hightower has lost the lead back role but who knows. Anyway, would you make that switch?

WRs (2): DeSean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green, Victor Cruz, Greg Little

Currently sitting at 4-2 (should be 5-1 but I played the dude who had Rodgers when he put up his 6 TDs). Weakness is at quarterback but I'm hoping for big things out of Tebow (and kicking myself for not taking a chance on Cam Newton in the later rounds of the draft).
Damn, I wish i was in your position for WRs in both of my leagues. My WRs suck.

Trust me, you want to keep both of the Patriots TEs. As tempting as it is, I don't know if I would sacrifice Manningham or Little for Lloyd. I also do not feel like Maurice Morris will have good production, but I feel as though Hightower does justify a spot on your roster. Go for Morris just simply for the touches he will receive.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
thor
Veteran

Re: Who do you drop?

Post by thor »

dead_poet wrote:Two scenarios on two different teams.

Scenario A

Thoughts?

Scenario B

Scenario B-2

I had Manningham in a league and dropped him, and would drop him for Lloyd for sure.