Money league draft tonight --Pick #6

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Money league draft tonight --Pick #6

Post by dead_poet »

Who do you take? I'm leaning towards Rodgers. I'd prefer Ray Rice but he'll be gone. I think Rodgers over Mendenhall but perhaps not Charles? Thoughts?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Money league draft tonight --Pick #6

Post by Cliff »

I'd go Mendenhall. You can get a QB that'll put up similar numbers to Rodgers in the 2nd and possibly even 3rd but RBs go quick.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

So you're in the camp of drafting two RBs right off the bat?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

What about McCoy over Mendenhall?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:So you're in the camp of drafting two RBs right off the bat?
Depends on your draft position and who's left ... but if there are similarly ranked RBs and QBs left on the board I think you have to go RB. They'll get snatched up quickly and you've got two slots to fill. Plus frickin' Matt Ryan is ranked *48th* in yahoo, for example ... that's round 4 ... and he's definitely a quality QB.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:What about McCoy over Mendenhall?
I personally think McCoy is ranked too high. The problem is Vick is going to end up taking away goal line points. He'll run it in himself whereas Mendenhall will get the rock at the goal line.

Not that it'll happen everytime ... but Vick is a better pick at 6 than McCoy, IMO ... he even had more rushing TDs than McCoy last year lol
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I went with Ray Rice. Over Charles. Rodgers and Brady went in the top 5 so I had more options than I expected.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:I went with Ray Rice. Over Charles. Rodgers and Brady went in the top 5 so I had more options than I expected.
Nice.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote: Nice.
Snagged McFadden in round 2.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Snagged McFadden in round 2.
Definitely want a QB in the 3rd unless there is just someone too good at WR left or something ... sounds like you're having a nice draft so far though.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Well, this is a messed up draft. Now I have DeSean Jackson and Dwane Bowe (in addition to Gates). Still need a QB. Probably will wind up with Big Ben. Romo and Schaub stil on the board.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Had to go with Big Ben. Not thrilled with it. Nor Bowe or DeSean Jackson but their value made them too hard not to snag. Gates makes me nervous.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Think I got a steal with Brandon Marshall in round 7.
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

dead_poet wrote:Had to go with Big Ben. Not thrilled with it. Nor Bowe or DeSean Jackson but their value made them too hard not to snag. Gates makes me nervous.
Ben had the most big plays last year of any QB, so that's got to be good.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

thor wrote: Ben had the most big plays last year of any QB, so that's got to be good.
Roster looks like this:

QB: Big Ben
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Darren McFadden
WR: Dwane Bowe
WR: DeSean Jackson
Flex (WR/RB): Brandon Marshall
TE: Antonio Gates
DEF: Ravens
K: Mason Crosby

B: Tim Hightower
B: Sam Bradford
B: A.J. Green
B: Pierre Garcon
B: Roy Williams (unintentional pick)
B: Rob Gronkowski
B: Danny Woodhead
B: Aaron Hernandez
B: Falcons defense

Overall I'm happy with my RBs/WRs (love the value with Marshall...if he can stay on the field). Really wanted more productive QBs. I think I'm going to flex in Hightower. I have him on two of my teams. I think he's an undervalued player. Thoughts?