Joe Senser hit-n-run thread

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joe Senser's car linked to deadly hit and run

Post by Juice »

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The Mercedes SUV believed to have been involved in a recent fatal hit and run in Minneapolis is registered to Joe Senser, his attorney, Eric Nelson confirmed to KARE 11 Thursday evening. The SUV was taken into police custody last Wednesday when a search warrant for Senser's property was executed by the Minnesota State Patrol.

Anousone Phanthavong, 38, of Roseville was filling up his car with gas on I-94 near Riverside Avenue when he was struck by a car last Tuesday night. The day after the accident, the Minnesota State Patrol received a phone call from Nelson, who is representing the Senser family. Nelson told the state patrol that his clients own the Merceded SUV involved in the hit and run.

"The Senser family is obviously very keenly aware of the tragedy that is involved here and they are attempting to deal with that as a family," Nelson said.

The trooper who was sent to the Senser home in Edina reported he noticed the vehicle had sustained damage to the front passenger side and front fender. According to the search warrant, the trooper also noticed "what appeared to be a blood-like substance" on the hood of the SUV.

Also taken from the vehicle were tissue samples, a bobby pin, a "Mike's" bottle cap, earrings, a toothpick and a bottle.

When asked specifically about the bottle and bottle cap Nelson said; "You know it speaks for itself. What was found in car is what was found in the car."

The State Patrol met with Joe Senser and one member of his family on Tuesday, but Senser did not answer any questions regarding the hit and run, State Patrol Lt. Eric Roeske told KARE 11 Thursday night. Under the rights provided by the Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution, Senser was able to avoid answering any questions that may provide self-incriminating information.

"We are giving them as much information as we possible can," Nelson told KARE 11.

Senser spent four seasons with the Vikings in the early 1980s and is now a part-owner and namesake of four Joe Senser's Sports Theater restaurants.

There have been no arrests in the case and no information has been released on who may have been driving the vehicle.

Nelson says the Senser family will be releasing a statement on this issue in the next day or two.

(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/9366 ... Joe-Senser
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Joe Senser hit-n-run thread

Post by NextQuestion »

Turns out it was his wife...

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18814560
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
CCthebest
Career Elite Player

Re: Joe Senser hit-n-run thread

Post by CCthebest »

Wow
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Yeah - Really sad stuff. True Thai is a good place too (the guy that was killed)...hope everyone in his family, co-workers, etc are doing OK.

What pisses me off is that they waited so long to come out with who was driving.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Man, that is terrible. What a sad story.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CCthebest
Career Elite Player

Post by CCthebest »

Im sure she was drunk....thats why they waited.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

CCthebest wrote:Im sure she was drunk....thats why they waited.
Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible?? Other than her, herself, I doubt anyone is "sure" what happened. But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

purple guy wrote:But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.
it made me smile that you were the poster who said this.....

:wink:
i'm ready for a beer.
californiaviking
Starter

Post by californiaviking »

"The fact that they turned in that vehicle is evidence of that integrity." Nelson said the family could have abandoned the SUV in a lake, or gotten rid of it in some other fashion.

That is awesome reasoning.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

purple guy wrote: Youre sure??? How can you possibly be sure??? She couldnt have been terrified that she just killed someone, then paniced and left??? Thats not possible?? Other than her, herself, I doubt anyone is "sure" what happened. But I am sure everyone will assume the worst, thats just the way folks are these days. Assume the worst, and if the truth comes out and its not the worst, then dont believe it.
Yes, when someone hits someone, takes off, and it comes out later. Instead of, you know, stopping to see if said hit person is DEAD OR NOT, you're a low life scumbag who probably has a pretty BAD reason why you took off and didn't immediately stop and report it.

Pretty clear what you do if this happens, and it's not hit and run, it's not ignore it until a police report comes up, it's not immediately run home and lawyer up. #### despicable. And she'll probably get off easy. Worthless drunk dead beat POS.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Demi wrote: Yes, when someone hits someone, takes off, and it comes out later. Instead of, you know, stopping to see if said hit person is DEAD OR NOT, you're a low life scumbag who probably has a pretty BAD reason why you took off and didn't immediately stop and report it.

Pretty clear what you do if this happens, and it's not hit and run, it's not ignore it until a police report comes up, it's not immediately run home and lawyer up. #### despicable. And she'll probably get off easy. Worthless drunk dead beat POS.
What if she is taking the hit for Joe?????
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

vikeinmontana wrote: it made me smile that you were the poster who said this.....

:wink:
A hit and run is a bit different than cheering for the Vikings. Claiming one is "sure" of something that they actually have no idea of isnt really similiar to what I usually ramble on about. I never claim to "know" anything, just have an opinion.

But I get what you are sayin. :thumbsup:
CCthebest
Career Elite Player

Post by CCthebest »

purple guy wrote: A hit and run is a bit different than cheering for the Vikings. Claiming one is "sure" of something that they actually have no idea of isnt really similiar to what I usually ramble on about. I never claim to "know" anything, just have an opinion.

My opions is, im sure she was drunk.

But I get what you are sayin. :thumbsup:
CCthebest
Career Elite Player

Post by CCthebest »

Ahhh too many quotes. Can never figure out how to bypass that or only pick ta few quotes.

Anyways, my opinion is, im sue she was drunk.
californiaviking
Starter

Post by californiaviking »

What if she is taking the hit for Joe?????[/quote]

Then he is weak. Would you let your wife potentially go to prison for a long time for something you did?