Twins 2011

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Twins 2011

Post by Now its our time »

White Sox have reportedly claimed Kubel off of Waivers and the Indians are trying to make a deal for Thome
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i think you guys are both right. i think gardy should probab;y have been gone by now. he simply can't win in the post season which is what it is all about. but the upper office already made the decision to keep him which i didn't think was wise. so because of that, it wouldn't make sense to me to get rid of the guy after this year. of all our issues this season....i'd place gardy near the bottom. so if they truly believed he was the guy to lead this team, i can't see them changing their mind on him after what a nonsense year it was.

all that said, if they let him go i'm completely fine with that. it just would prove to me they should have done it already and not waited for a season filled with injuries and horrendous pitching to do so....
i'm ready for a beer.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I dont know. Guardy is supposedly the manager who "gets more with less"?? I disagree, when healthy, he has a pretty good roster (outside of pitching), he just doesnt seem to get everything out of them. Now, once injuries are an issue, he doesnt get more from less, he is given a pass cuz of the injuries. Almost any fan who follows the Twins, knew at the begining of the season the starting rotation was gonna suck, Guardy didnt see that?? If he thought he could get enough offense to hide the pitching, he was wrong. IMO, his time should be up. He has totally lost the team in the last month it looks like to me.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

ya i'm agreeing with you PG. he should have been gone a while ago as far as i'm concerned. but they made the decision to keep him. i think our injuries this year was a bigger factor than anything. and simply lousy pitching.

all that said, i truly believe that even healthy, we likely would have won the division again...only to lose in the playoffs! he needs to be gone but i think they need to loo at this season almost like it never happened. we get healthy, and improve our pitching, we should be back in the playoffs and then it's time for gardy to put up or shut up in my opinion.

but this year was a debacle....
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Gardenhire tells Mauer he 'has to be available,' lauds Cuddyer's toughness

Final-freakin-ly this moron that we have as a coach tells his made of glass catcher that he needs to play. Joe Mauer is the biggest #### I have ever known. What a waste of money he is.
I really hope Cuddyer comnes back. He gets hit by a 90mph fastball in the wrist and still wants to play, while the overpaid glass statue has a muscle sore and asks to sit out. Who asks to sit out in the majors? I'm certain Rene Rivera (the Twins AAA Catcher) would lopve to play even after having a sore muscle.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Wow, would any team want to trade for Mauer??? He is hitting a whopping .227 I think, with 1 hr and less than 30 RBIs. Thats a lot of dough for little production. Mauer is the poster boy for play until you get a big contract, and sit out every time you get a boo boo. He traded his balls for a big contract and an ice pack. I think Guardy has lost the team so they dont want to play for him, except for Cuddy of course.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

I know the pitching is horrid, but I sorta quit watching once football came back, didnt realize how bad the offense has been. Played 23 games in August, in 12 of those games, they scored 1 run or less. Yikes, maybe the "Twins way" needs a little tweaking, possibly.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

I surely hope neither of you wanted Rice to sign a long term deal in Minny... Mauer was a 2 time reigning AL MVP and probably THE best catcher for the last couple of years. One bad year doesn't mean squat

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Now its our time wrote:I surely hope neither of you wanted Rice to sign a long term deal in Minny... Mauer was a 2 time reigning AL MVP and probably THE best catcher for the last couple of years. One bad year doesn't mean squat

Uh, Rice and the Vikings has what, exactly, to do with Mauer and the Twins??? Nothing. Not. A. Thing.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Buster Olney reports Thome to the Indians. I thank Jim for his contribution to the Twins and reaching HR #600. This move is best for both sides

purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Now its our time wrote:Buster Olney reports Thome to the Indians. I thank Jim for his contribution to the Twins and reaching HR #600. This move is best for both sides
Its best for Thome and the Indians, but giving up any player who can actually hit, isnt best for the Twins tho, IMO. Mention what we got in return?
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

A player to be named later

purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Now its our time wrote:A player to be named later
\

So, probably nothing. Good for Thome, a true professional. Hope the Indians can squeek into the playoffs, be hard to catch Detroit tho, dont think they can gain 6.5 games on them to win the division, and the wild card is obviously coming from the east.
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/128461938.html

Another take on Mauer the "softy". Getting tired of him. He is a baby and as far from a leader as a supposed "superstar" could ever be.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

On Common's show on KFAN today, Dark Star said there's more going on with Mauer's health than what's being told to the media. Something is wrong with him beyond "general soreness" and "bilateral leg weakness". You may read that and say "Well, no ####", but Mr. Dark Star made it seem like it's something fairly serious and that the team will reveal in time. The sooner the better, put an end to the speculation and crap.

This has only been an issue with Mauer for the past year, so it's a little premature to slap him with the "soft" tag. Now that he's got a fat contract and the team is playing like crap, it seems like everyone is eager to rip into him.

And as far as being a leader, I don't think Joe ever asked to be one. Some guys have the personality types to be a leader, some don't. Just because he's the local guy with a big contract doesn't mean he's gotta be the team leader.