Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

ALIMON
Backup

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by ALIMON »

Hi everyone , been a Vikings fan since I was very young and I haven't grown out of it yet! :v):
NO HONESTY + NO LOYALTY = NO HONOR !
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ALIMON wrote:Hi everyone , been a Vikings fan since I was very young and I haven't grown out of it yet! :v):

lol, your time will come :P
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
UKViking
Backup

Post by UKViking »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kevin im 20 years old, and as you can probably guess from my username im British! :o. For most of my life i have been an avid Rugby fan, untill the last sort of 5 years i really started to enjoy and appreciate Football, so im still learning all the ins and outs of the sport, and its the reason i signed up to this board in the hope that the Football Gurus on the forum may help me understand the game better.

The reason I am a Vikings supporter is quite silly really, in that since i have been a little lad I have always loved the history of vikings and their myths and legends, and i thought to myself "WOW a team that are vikings i cant go wrong with supporting them!", and have been a fan ever since :P

Well that's my rather short and uninteresting story, I hope I get to know you guys a little more and hope we have a good season this year!

:govikes:
ALIMON
Backup

Post by ALIMON »

Welcome and it's a journey not unlike Frodo's and we are still hunting for our SB rings!
NO HONESTY + NO LOYALTY = NO HONOR !
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

I'm new, I heard this is where you say hello. I've watched the Vikings since 2000 but for a while really only watched occasionally. Around when Peterson first got into the mix I started watching back to back games and now it's gotten to the point where I watch any NFL game regardless of who's playing.
Duchene
Veteran

Post by Duchene »

Hi VMB! My name is Matt. I'm a 28 year old, life long/diehard Vikings fan. I am displaced from Minnesota and living in southern Indiana now (takes 10 hours to get to the collapsed dome - I try and come at least once a year now). I live in Colts country and am so sick of seeing Manning jerseys and hearing about the 2006 superbowl that I had to find a way to get some more real football talk in my life. The only thing I have in common with Colts fans at this point is wanting revenge on the Saints. I joined this board a few weeks ago and like it so far. It's good to get to talk with people who like the Vikings as much as me. The only interaction I get with Vikings fans here is if I run into a guy at Wal Mart with a Culpepper jersey on or something. It's not pretty, that's all I'm saying. For the most part, many posters here seem to be very knowledgeable about the team and the sport and I look forward to venting about the struggle that is being a Vikings fan. Thanks for having me on the message board.

SKOL VIKINGS :smilevike:
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

:welcome
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

Hello everyone! My name is Mike. I'm 22 years old and have been a die hard Vikings fan my entire life. When I was little I played offensive guard even though I was very undersized at the position. I would tape every Vikings game and then go back and watch the game just to study the offensive line. Some of my favorite lineman include Matt Birk, Jeff Christy, David Dixon, Steve Hutchinson, Randall McDaniel, and Bryant McKinnie.

Glad to be here with the other die hards!

SKOL Vikings! :smilevike:
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Juice wrote:Hello everyone! My name is Mike. I'm 22 years old and have been a die hard Vikings fan my entire life. When I was little I played offensive guard even though I was very undersized at the position. I would tape every Vikings game and then go back and watch the game just to study the offensive line. Some of my favorite lineman include Matt Birk, Jeff Christy, David Dixon, Steve Hutchinson, Randall McDaniel, and Bryant McKinnie.

Glad to be here with the other die hards!

SKOL Vikings! :smilevike:

Welcome, Juice! I hope you like it here!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purpledominance
Backup

Post by purpledominance »

Hi, I'm Phil. I've been a die hard Vikings fan all my life, although I was born and raised in the state of Washington.

My fav player of all time is the smartest player of all time, Alan Page. :v):

I dislike Bear fans more than anything, and I hope there are some here so I can put them in their places for taking the division and then giving up the Lombardi to the Packers.
Duchene
Veteran

Post by Duchene »

purpledominance wrote:Hi, I'm Phil. I've been a die hard Vikings fan all my life, although I was born and raised in the state of Washington.

I dislike Bear fans more than anything, and I hope there are some here so I can put them in their places for taking the division and then giving up the Lombardi to the Packers.
Welcome Purpledominance... I hope purple does dominate this year :v):

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

purpledominance wrote:Hi, I'm Phil. I've been a die hard Vikings fan all my life, although I was born and raised in the state of Washington.

Welcome, sir!
I hope you enjoy your stay here :)
Odlid
Backup

Post by Odlid »

Hey, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I am a life long Vikings fan who was born and raised in Central NY. I am and always have been surrounded by Buffalo Bills & NY Giants fans. There of course are the typical band-wagon fans here that jumped onboard with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, and (most recently) New England Patriots.

It has been a long lonely road being a lone Vikings fan here. I don't get to see too many televised games, as most of the NFL broadcast time is given to the NY based teams. I do watch any game that does get National airtime and I do listen to each game on Sirius.

I've been a lurker here on the board for sometime and figured that I might as well join all of the other Vikings fanatics. I guess it is a case of "misery loves company".

I have an 11 year old son, who is now also inflicted with a bad case of "Purple Pride".

"Skol, Vikings!" :v):
"A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback; and not necessarily in that order." - Bud Grant
losperros
Commissioner

Re: New Member

Post by losperros »

Welcome to the board to you and...ahem...your avatar!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: New Member

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Odlid wrote:Hey, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I am a life long Vikings fan who was born and raised in Central NY. I am and always have been surrounded by Buffalo Bills & NY Giants fans. There of course are the typical band-wagon fans here that jumped onboard with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, and (most recently) New England Patriots.

It has been a long lonely road being a lone Vikings fan here. I don't get to see too many televised games, as most of the NFL broadcast time is given to the NY based teams. I do watch any game that does get National airtime and I do listen to each game on Sirius.

I've been a lurker here on the board for sometime and figured that I might as well join all of the other Vikings fanatics. I guess it is a case of "misery loves company".

I have an 11 year old son, who is now also inflicted with a bad case of "Purple Pride".

"Skol, Vikings!" :v):
Welcome sir! :welcome

My testorone levels are increasing quite a bit due to your avatar, you mind sharing who she is? :)
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.