Ozzie Guillen Rules

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Ozzie Guillen Rules

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI6X9gE ... e=youtu.be

I would love to have him manage the Twins someday. To bad I'm sure Gardenhire will never be fired.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Ozzie Guillen Rules

Post by HornedMessiah »

Ozzie is entertaining as hell but I would never want him as the manager for my team. When his team is playing well he's fine, but when they suck (like whenever they play the Twins) his attitude is pathetic and his team matches it. Plus, he's WAAAAYYYY too fond of the big slow white sluggers. The ChiSox are probably the slowest team in the entire MLB. They got plenty of power, but lumber around the bases like a bunch of old men.

Enjoy Ozzie-time now while you can, because I have a feeling this will be his last year in Chicago. Sports media was already connecting him to the Marlins last off season, and now with the job up for grabs next year I'm sure he'll go for it. Although I'd prefer he stay in Chicago 8)
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote:Ozzie is entertaining as hell but I would never want him as the manager for my team. When his team is playing well he's fine, but when they suck (like whenever they play the Twins) his attitude is pathetic and his team matches it. Plus, he's WAAAAYYYY too fond of the big slow white sluggers. The ChiSox are probably the slowest team in the entire MLB. They got plenty of power, but lumber around the bases like a bunch of old men.
He doesn't pick the roster, Kenny Williams does
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

glg wrote:He doesn't pick the roster, Kenny Williams does
I stand corrected. All the more reason for him to want to get a new coaching gig. As Bill Parcells said, "If they want you to cook the dinner, they should at least let you shop for the groceries."
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote: I stand corrected. All the more reason for him to want to get a new coaching gig. As Bill Parcells said, "If they want you to cook the dinner, they should at least let you shop for the groceries."
That does not exist in baseball.