Timberwolves

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

glg
Site Admin

Re: Timberwolves

Post by glg »

HornedMessiah wrote: :confused: :spank:

Heard on ESPN radio today a rumor that the Lakers offered Pau Gasol to the TWolves for Kevin Love and the 2nd pick in the draft. Seems like a pretty crappy trade offer, for the TWolves that is.
Sounds like a good offer to make if you're the Lakers and know that Kahn is a moron
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

Rambis is out as coach
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

LOL...this is one of the worst handlings of the HC spot I've ever seen. Fire your coach on draft day?!

Plus, the whole homework essay thing...what coach is going to want to come here and work for bosses like this?
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

HornedMessiah wrote:LOL...this is one of the worst handlings of the HC spot I've ever seen. Fire your coach on draft day?!

Plus, the whole homework essay thing...what coach is going to want to come here and work for bosses like this?

Exactly. Im sure the Wolves will attract a big time HC with the way they run the team. :roll:
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Wow, check this out. Bill Simmons uses two trades to turn the TWolves into a contender.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/669 ... de-picture

Phoenix trades Marcin Gortat (50 cents) and Jared Dudley (quarter) to Minnesota for the no. 2 pick (50 cents), Jonny Flynn (dime), and Nik Pekovic (dime). Final tally: Phoenix (70 cents), Minnesota (75 cents).

Minnesota trades Michael Beasley (quarter) and Martell Webster (nickel) to Detroit for Ben Gordon (dime) and Austin Daye (dime).13 Final tally: Minnesota (20 cents), Detroit (30 cents).

unfortunately, he notes that Phoenix isn't willing to let go of Gortat, so it won't happen.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote:Wow, check this out. Bill Simmons uses two trades to turn the TWolves into a contender.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/669 ... de-picture

Phoenix trades Marcin Gortat (50 cents) and Jared Dudley (quarter) to Minnesota for the no. 2 pick (50 cents), Jonny Flynn (dime), and Nik Pekovic (dime). Final tally: Phoenix (70 cents), Minnesota (75 cents).

Minnesota trades Michael Beasley (quarter) and Martell Webster (nickel) to Detroit for Ben Gordon (dime) and Austin Daye (dime).13 Final tally: Minnesota (20 cents), Detroit (30 cents).

unfortunately, he notes that Phoenix isn't willing to let go of Gortat, so it won't happen.

They need a new GM too.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

it gets worse for the wolves

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-wp5562
The second round of Thursday night's NBA draft was full of obscure players from foreign leagues, but no one selected has as unknown a profile as Tanguy Ngombo. A 6-6 forward from the Qatar League, Ngombo was virtually unknown by even the most committed draftniks until Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com tweeted about his potential selection by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the second round.

Sure enough, Givony was right -- Minnesota took Ngombo on Thursday night with the 58th overall pick. ESPN appeared to have ripped his highlight video straight from YouTube and his profile photo from Google Images, while analyst Fran Fraschilla compared him to Sidd Finch, a baseball phenom George Plimpton made up for a now-notorious April Fool's Day hoax in a 1985 issue of Sports Illustrated.

It turns out that Fraschilla was at least partially right: Ngombo exists, but his story doesn't check out. When the Wolves selected him Thursday night, they thought they were getting a 21-year-old golden nugget hidden from all other times. Instead, they found pyrite, because Ngombo is really 26 years old. Givony tweeted the truth on Friday afternoon:
this should be enough to get the gm fired.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TrenchGoon wrote:it gets worse for the wolves

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-wp5562
this should be enough to get the gm fired.

PLEASE Taylor fire this moron.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PLEASE Taylor fire this moron.
It's a second round pick in the NBA. The failure rate is astronomical, so really, who cares. If you want to fire him, do if for his past drafts, not this pick.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

glg wrote: It's a second round pick in the NBA. The failure rate is astronomical, so really, who cares. If you want to fire him, do if for his past drafts, not this pick.
I don't really follow basketball, and for all I know this kid will turn out to be great, but it just seems to me like a real bonehead move to select a guy knowing so little about him.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

TrenchGoon wrote: I don't really follow basketball, and for all I know this kid will turn out to be great, but it just seems to me like a real bonehead move to select a guy knowing so little about him.
It was the 57th of 60 picks, there's nobody with any serious talent left, so you take a wild flier on a guy.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

glg wrote: It was the 57th of 60 picks, there's nobody with any serious talent left, so you take a wild flier on a guy.

fair enough, I stand corrected 8)
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i'm with goon on this one. obviously there is not a plethora of nba ready guys who are drafted in the fifties. but that is still no excuse to get a guy you know nothing about. i mean, you could take the two best players from every team that cracked the sweet 16 this year and find a guy with talent and one that you can have even basic knowledge about. i'm not questioning the overall talent of these guys picked later.....but they may as well drafted me! no excuse for drafting a guy that you know so little about.....
i'm ready for a beer.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

Isiah Thomas was still there
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Now its our time wrote:Isiah Thomas was still there
No, he's busy running the Knicks via backchannels. Isaiah, however, was there. ;)