XBOX or PS3?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: XBOX or PS3?

Post by S197 »

NDVikeFan wrote:Quick question. If someone has a plasma TV does an Xbox 360 wreck it in anyway? Someone said if you play these new systems you have to have an LCD tv an not a plasma. Just curious if it was true.
Not true. Plasma is fine.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Thanks guys! I dont feel like buying a new tv so i can stick with my plasma!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Memento wrote: I have both systems plus a Wii (stole all three).

:point: Wtf man? I don't think I would go shooting my mouth off too much.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Noxage »

Memento wrote:I have both systems plus a Wii (stole all three)
You're the baddest.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Noxage wrote: You're the baddest.
:rolling:
Damian
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

get both, some games are only for PS3, and some are only for the 360. :confused:
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

Memento wrote:If u asked this question last 2 years ago Xbox or PS3 than no doubt get the 360 but nowadays PS3 imo has exceded the 360 and i agree pretty much with what everyone said about the PS3. I have both systems plus a Wii (stole all three) and PS3 is the one I play the most. I can't wait till MvC3 comes out.
you are a worthless piece of scum.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

i have a question for you guys as well. i am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. i have all 3 systems as well ( i worked hard and bought all 3 with money i saved) and agree that all are good in their own ways. however, i have always been a playstation guy so that is the one that is in our living room. lately i have been having a hard time with it freezing up on me though! it's really frustrating, and it happens both when i'm playing offline as well as online. obviously it's worse when i'm playing online as it hurts my status.

but my question is what do i do? is there a re-set button or something? if there is, and i use it....do i lose everything i have saved? is there a way to save my profile and other things i have saved externally? sorry for all of the questions but i have never had an issue with my ps3 before and am frustrated that i haven't been able to use it properly for a couple weeks now.
i'm ready for a beer.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

vikeinmontana wrote:i have a question for you guys as well. i am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. i have all 3 systems as well ( i worked hard and bought all 3 with money i saved) and agree that all are good in their own ways. however, i have always been a playstation guy so that is the one that is in our living room. lately i have been having a hard time with it freezing up on me though! it's really frustrating, and it happens both when i'm playing offline as well as online. obviously it's worse when i'm playing online as it hurts my status.

but my question is what do i do? is there a re-set button or something? if there is, and i use it....do i lose everything i have saved? is there a way to save my profile and other things i have saved externally? sorry for all of the questions but i have never had an issue with my ps3 before and am frustrated that i haven't been able to use it properly for a couple weeks now.
Well, it depends on the PS3 you have, but, there should be on off switch on the back of the console. Turn it off using such switch, unplug the system, let it sit for a good hour or so, plug it back in, turn the console back on using the switch and see what happens. If that doesn't work, your system might be having some internal problems.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

appreciate it. i'll check it out and report back for some more troubleshooting if it doesn't work. :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

It could be the disk too, MW2 would repeatedly freeze up on me until I cleaned it. I used dish soap and water and dried it off with one of those lens cleaning cloths. Works with Blu-Rays too.

And it also turns off if you hold your finger on the glowing power button in the front until it beeps (not sure if it's on all systems, I have the old 80 GB)

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

vikeinmontana wrote:i have a question for you guys as well. i am an idiot when it comes to this stuff. i have all 3 systems as well ( i worked hard and bought all 3 with money i saved) and agree that all are good in their own ways. however, i have always been a playstation guy so that is the one that is in our living room. lately i have been having a hard time with it freezing up on me though! it's really frustrating, and it happens both when i'm playing offline as well as online. obviously it's worse when i'm playing online as it hurts my status.

Does it do it regardless of what game you're playing?

Basically you need to figure out if it's the PS3 itself or the game. If it's happening over multiple games then it's probably hardware failure of some kind.

If that's the case, feel around the PS3 after it freezes and see if it's hot ... you'd be surprised how much dust can cause a system to overheat.

If it's just happening in one game it's almost certainly the game, take Hamburglar's advice and clean it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Decided to do a little "customization" in Call of Duty.