Twins (We'll try it again)

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Imac
Franchise Player

Re: Twins (We'll try it again)

Post by Imac »

glg wrote: No kidding. The age coincidence on that is a little weird (Thome turned 40 during last season, Favre turned 40 during '09)
e

Dont think its that fair to compare the two though Farve was a make or break for the Vikes season where Thome is probably good for 75 Games or so at DH. If he tanks at 41 then its not train wreck we saw this fall with Farve its just means more Kubel at DH and hopefully a full season of Morneau.

Ian
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Imac wrote: Dont think its that fair to compare the two though Farve was a make or break for the Vikes season where Thome is probably good for 75 Games or so at DH. If he tanks at 41 then its not train wreck we saw this fall with Farve its just means more Kubel at DH and hopefully a full season of Morneau.
It's also way more common for a baseball player to play into his 40s (even prior to the steroid era) than in football. I just thought the coincidence was a bit odd.

I'm just hoping that Morneau can still play. I worry that he's done despite the optimistic stuff I'm reading right now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote:I'm just hoping that Morneau can still play. I worry that he's done despite the optimistic stuff I'm reading right now.
Well, he still hasn't resumed baseball activitiies, and the article I read said he has been medically cleared to play through concussion like symptoms. Doesn't sound too encouraging to me...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Well they signed Pavano, which I think was a good deal. Him, Liriano, and Duensing are a good start. I just wish they had a proven 20 game winner. I just hope Blackburn, Baker, and slowey are not in the mix anymore.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Imac
Franchise Player

Post by Imac »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Well they signed Pavano, which I think was a good deal. Him, Liriano, and Duensing are a good start. I just wish they had a proven 20 game winner. I just hope Blackburn, Baker, and slowey are not in the mix anymore.
I mostly agree, I think Slowey does make a good #5 in the rotation. I dont think there is a good 20 game winner left around so keep either Baker or Blackburn as your 5th either and send the other to Rochester or keep them as a long reliever then actually go after someone before the deadline (like a Cliff Lee last year) instead of sitting on what they have. Overall happy to see the stash back in Minny.

Ian