Here come the playoffs!

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Here come the playoffs!

Post by Cliff »

I've clenched a spot in both the leagues I'm in. So far I'm 2nd place in both which would give me a first round bye if I can hang on.

How's everybody else been so far this season?
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Here come the playoffs!

Post by Now its our time »

Cliff wrote:I've clenched a spot in both the leagues I'm in. So far I'm 2nd place in both which would give me a first round bye if I can hang on.

How's everybody else been so far this season?
Which one :wink: But right now out of my 8! leagues I will go to the playoffs in 6 of them. 3 of them as #1 seed. You'll hang on against me that's for sure :)
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

I'm 1st in my 14 team league... Although Frank Gore breaking a hip pretty much ends my season..
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Hamburglar wrote:I'm 1st in my 14 team league... Although Frank Gore breaking a hip pretty much ends my season..
I had Frank Gore on one of my teams as well. Luckily I also have Peyton Hillis and Rashard Mendenhall plus I was able to pick up Brian Westbrook to replace him.

Still, his absence hurts. It's nice to be able to switch him in and out depending on the match up.
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

Cliff wrote: I had Frank Gore on one of my teams as well. Luckily I also have Peyton Hillis and Rashard Mendenhall plus I was able to pick up Brian Westbrook to replace him.

Still, his absence hurts. It's nice to be able to switch him in and out depending on the match up.
Yeah.. my problem is I was banking on him and McCoy at RB and Brandon Lloyd and Calvin Johnson at WR through the playoffs (playing match ups for the other positions).

Now McCoy is my RB1, and I'm relying on guys like Green-ellis, Westbrook/Dixon etc. basically flex players as my RB2 :oops:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Yeah ... that hurts. Especially when you have flex positions because that means any other running back worth a damn was gone a *long* time ago.
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

Post by The Bonecrusher »

looking for some advice i'm not sure what defense or QB to start this week

QB's i have are
Cassel @ SD
Shaub vs Baltimore
Fitzpatrick vs Browns

and my defense/st are
Browns @ Bills
Giants @ MN

I'm leaning towards Fitz at QB just because he is at home against a good but not great defense, but for some reason i have a feeling Cassel will still do better. While defenses i could see the Giants ripping up the Vikings or getting torched, same with the browns at the bills

any advice is apreciated
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cassel @ SD - Definitely not ... he's out this week.
Shaub vs Baltimore - Baltimore is always a tough defense but he's projected to do alright.
Fitzpatrick vs Browns - Buffalo isn't playing with much heart and Fitz is projected to get lower points than Schaub.

and my defense/st are
Browns @ Bills
Giants @ MN

I'm leaning towards Fitz at QB just because he is at home against a good but not great defense, but for some reason i have a feeling Cassel will still do better. While defenses i could see the Giants ripping up the Vikings or getting torched, same with the browns at the bills
I'd go with Schaub at QB. At defense I'd go Browns. MN is hot right now. They've got a new coach and they ran up the score in the last game. I don't know if that streak will continue ... but in contrast the Bills just got blown out, didn't score much, and at this point have absolutely no reason to play.
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

yeah the thing that scares me about schaub is he hasnt done much all season, and its against baltimore so i would expect him to have a couple turnovers. i've wanted to put him on waivers but never did

in free agency i could pick up
Garrad Vs Oakland

on NFL.com it said he's averaged 15.4 per game and hes playing against a sub par pass defense. All i'm looking for is 15 pts and i think he may have a better chance than Cassel, Schaub, or Fitzpatrick
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Bonecrusher wrote:yeah the thing that scares me about schaub is he hasnt done much all season, and its against baltimore so i would expect him to have a couple turnovers. i've wanted to put him on waivers but never did

in free agency i could pick up
Garrad Vs Oakland

on NFL.com it said he's averaged 15.4 per game and hes playing against a sub par pass defense. All i'm looking for is 15 pts and i think he may have a better chance than Cassel, Schaub, or Fitzpatrick
Funnily enough you're struggling with the same decision I am.

I've had Schuab all season and been mostly disappointed. I also picked up Garrad a few weeks ago and played him a few times.

Schaub has definitely outperformed Garrad as of late but going against Oakland you never know what you're going to get. Some weeks they play lights out.

They're actually ranked 9th in passing offense while the Ravens are ranked 11th. So it's really a toss up.

I'm starting Schaub.
The Bonecrusher
Veteran

Cliff wrote: Funnily enough you're struggling with the same decision I am.

I've had Schuab all season and been mostly disappointed. I also picked up Garrad a few weeks ago and played him a few times.

Schaub has definitely outperformed Garrad as of late but going against Oakland you never know what you're going to get. Some weeks they play lights out.

They're actually ranked 9th in passing offense while the Ravens are ranked 11th. So it's really a toss up.

I'm starting Schaub.
as of now i dropped fitz for garrard, while fitz was doing good this season the rest of the schedule doesnt look favorable, after this week i plan on starting Cassel for the last couple weeks (provided he's healthy).

and as far as defenses, i'm in a espn league and it says that Oak has the 24th D vs QB's while the Ravens are 5th ranked Vs QBs. Plus Asomugha might not play or be 100% which should help Garrard. I'm still on the fence between Garrard and Schaub but still have time to choose, hopefully NFL total Access will help me with this decision tonight.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

First year I've played FF, playing on the generic NFL.com 10 team leagues. Got three teams, made the playoffs with all of them (climbed from last to 4th place in one league and made the playoffs during the last game). Won two of the three playoffs games.

Gonna try to find something a little more serious for next season. In each of my leagues there was only like 5 or less teams that actually participated, and the rest sat inactive the whole time.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

I have 1 team that made it to the championship and 1 is up in the air. It depends on whether AP and Forte score 40 points
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Hamburglar
Transition Player

Post by Hamburglar »

So far it looks like I'm gonna lose both of my leagues in the same week (one in the championship, other in the semi finals round). Thanks go out to Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Lloyd for combining to score 20 points. And to the Dolphins D for allowing 34 Lions points with none of them going to their best player (Megatron).

Unless McCoy scores 29+ for one team, and Vick/Akers score 60 for the other lol...
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Hamburglar wrote:So far it looks like I'm gonna lose both of my leagues in the same week (one in the championship, other in the semi finals round). Thanks go out to Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Lloyd for combining to score 20 points. And to the Dolphins D for allowing 34 Lions points with none of them going to their best player (Megatron).

Unless McCoy scores 29+ for one team, and Vick/Akers score 60 for the other lol...
Jeez, I'm not playing any leagues this year, forgot about that impact of the game being moved. Most leagues have championships this week, now instead of just monday being it, it's tuesday with this extra game.