like button

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

like button

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I half jokingly mentioned this in the Game Day thread, but I was thinking... Is there a way to add something like this? Or a rating system for a post?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Re: like button

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I half jokingly mentioned this in the Game Day thread, but I was thinking... Is there a way to add something like this? Or a rating system for a post?
Doesn't appear to be in phpbb. I know other forums have it (I use some that do), but don't see it available.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

If this is something you're interested there appears to be a mod for it;

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=46456
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

I kind of like this idea.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Cliff wrote:If this is something you're interested there appears to be a mod for it;

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=46456
I'm very leery of mods, have heard way too many horror stories about mods destroying performance or just being crap, etc.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

glg wrote: I'm very leery of mods, have heard way too many horror stories about mods destroying performance or just being crap, etc.
I can certainly understand being leery of them but I've tried a few mods on my test board and have never had any issues backing out of one.

Regardless, I'm not the one who has to deal with it if this place breaks and it wasn't my idea in the first place, so I won't complain lol