Rate my team

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Rate my team

Post by Now its our time »

Ok,so I was hanging out with my cousin and we were bored so We did a draft on ESPN. I picked 2nd and here is my team:

QB: Phillip Rivers,Chad Henne,Carson Palmer
RB:Adrian Peterson (woohoo!) Jerome Harrison,Justin Forsett,Cadillac Williams
WR:Brandon Marshall,Calvin Johnson,Steve Smith(Panthers), Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks
TE:Visanthe Shiancoe, Zach Miller
D/ST: 49ers
K: David Akers

Anyone have any thoughts on this team? What would you rate it?
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Noxage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Rate my team

Post by Noxage »

7.9/10

If this was a team you'd actually be playing a league with I'd trade Steve Smith + Harrison for a better 2nd running back. Crabtree will be a fine 3rd WR this year.

An AD, Rivers, Marshall, Calvin core is nice though. A definite playoff team in a 10 team league.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Noxage wrote:7.9/10

If this was a team you'd actually be playing a league with I'd trade Steve Smith + Harrison for a better 2nd running back. Crabtree will be a fine 3rd WR this year.

An AD, Rivers, Marshall, Calvin core is nice though. A definite playoff team in a 10 team league.
thanks,It is a 10 team league. And I only got Smith cuz he was available in the 5th round and was the best player there

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

You need to definatley upgrade your RB position. id give it a 7/10. Like was said trade one of your WR's for a RB.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

RB Willams is always hurt imo

your QB's seem pretty good I would trade one of them and upgrade your RB
if you can or wide out.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Your team is an 8.5 or 9 if Cadillac Williams stays healthy. It's a 7.5 otherwise.

I'd pay close attention to him during pre-season. That guy can play when he's healthy.

However, if you're nervous about it, I'd package one of your QBs (you don't need three ... just make sure the two you keep don't have the same bye) and one of your WR's for an upgraded RB if possible.

Making trades like that is really though at this point in the year ... you never know who's going to have a break out season. Cadillac Williams got Rookie of the year and until his injuries his future was looking bright. He might be all healed up now ... and if so, you'll get good production out of him.
reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

jerome harrison may be splitting alot of carries with Thomas Jones, so i think u need some help with running backs. The niners play the Saints, and Packers this year so make sure u change defenses for those games.
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

reyez wrote:jerome harrison may be splitting alot of carries with Thomas Jones, so i think u need some help with running backs. The niners play the Saints, and Packers this year so make sure u change defenses for those games.
ummm Thomas Jones plays in Kansas City. Their backup is Montario Hardesty

reyez
Starter

Post by reyez »

yeah ur right jerome plays with the browns, nvm u have a good team.
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

pic #
1.ad rb
2. p.thomas rb
3.p.rivers qb
4.c palmer qb
5.ochocinco wr
6.p.garcon wr
7.mcnabb qb
8.dallas defense
9.d.driver wr
10.r.bush rb
11.c.portis rb
12.k.boss te
13.dez bryant wr
14.j.feely k
15.b.scaife te
16.w.parker rb
did i do good???
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

OJVIKE wrote:pic #
1.ad rb
2. p.thomas rb
3.p.rivers qb
4.c palmer qb
5.ochocinco wr
6.p.garcon wr
7.mcnabb qb
8.dallas defense
9.d.driver wr
10.r.bush rb
11.c.portis rb
12.k.boss te
13.dez bryant wr
14.j.feely k
15.b.scaife te
16.w.parker rb
did i do good???
Not bad. Though I'd take issue with how you drafted in general.

With your #4 pick you grabbed a bench player. Even if Palmer was BPA, you're talking about a player who will only come in if Rivers goes down or has a bye (possibly only 1 game). Then picked up a 3rd QB (McNabb) who will likely not see any playing time for you at all (unless he has a breakout season for WAS) at #7.

Instead you could have strengthened your WR corps a bit.

#8 was probably too high for a defense too. You can generally get a good defense in the 11th or 12th round.