Do you think TheSaints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think The Saints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits?

Yes
77%
No
21%
You're a poor sport
2%

Total votes: 43

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Do you think TheSaints purposely hit Favre with illegal hits

Post by Raptorman »

iMacJohn wrote:
Dude, Please stop. Evidence sitting in front of you and you still won't admit. The guy got pushed with force while trying to make a tackle. Let me push you on your back while you're going full speed forcing you to lose your balance and lets see if you can change direction on a dime. On the replay the Head Referee also said that #93 Bobby McCRay did not launch at Brett Favre he was crawling to make the hit he was falling that way because he was push.. The man has a job to do and gets well paid for it and its just unfortunate that it looked that way. Why keep crying about it. Accept it like you see it on video. Stop Denying.
I went back and watched the play about 15 times now. And I never saw McCray crawling as you say. He was on his feet until his forward motion drove him into Favre. Actually it looks like he got a bit of a push with his left leg to help his forward progress. So, if he was "crawling" then he would have been on his knees, and if he was on his knee, he could not have had the speed you claim were he would not be able to control his body. Contact with your knees to the ground has a tendency to slow you down. Ask any skate boarder. I'm not in denial, Allen got flagged and fined last year for a hit that was almost exactly the same on Rodgers. And Packer fans were all over that one.

Now the Saints DC comes out with his "remember me" hits line. Just remember, what goes around, comes around. Good luck with the Colts, your team will need it.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Raptorman wrote:
What a stupid thing for Gregg Williams to say. His defense's track record in the last two games combined with that statement likely result in the refs protecting Manning like personal body guards. If McCray so much as breathes on Manning I hope they throw a flag. It is obvious that Williams is coaching his players to take questionable hits on QBs and, unfortunately after working for two games, it is time for that philosophy to pay dearly.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Originally I voted no. Now I would vote yes.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TheGreatDane
Practice Squad

Post by TheGreatDane »

To be honest, I don't think they wanted to hurt Favre.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

yes. the nfl either needs to protect the qb with no unnessesary hits like bobby mccray did on favre and kurt warner, or they need to let everything go except helmet to helmet and launching yourself. barely touching tom brady is one extreme......the hits they gave warner and favre is another extreme. i know the nfl is the most physical sport and if you cant take it get out. but slamming qb's to the ground, blindsiding them away from the action, and going low is classless.
SaintBrees
Waterboy

Post by SaintBrees »

Hello all. first off, you guys have a really nice board. I like the design and layout a lot.
Now to the question at hand. No I dont think the Saints intentionally hit Favre illegally. they did intend to hit him, but I highly doubt the goal was to trade penalties for hits. The true goal of any defensive line, yours included, is to take the QB down with legal hits, and to force them to make mistakes. Thats what I bleieve my Saints team did. They applied very heavy pressure to Favre all game long and it led to several mistakes. It also led to forced fumbles by the half dozen, so Im pretty happy with how they played. I dontl ike GW spouting off about the COlts, because it gives them bulletin board material, but thats GW for you. Hes a loudmouth in the mold of Buddy Ryan. We knew that when we hired him.

I know that deep down, many of you also wanted your Dline to destroy Brees. thats why you root for guys like Jared allen and the williams brothers. You want to see them knock down opposing QBs and had it been the other way around on that Sunday, you would have been excited about it. I can understand that completely. Being a QB in the NFL means you have to have brass balls. you have to be willing to take a beating, or else you better be good at avoiding the rush. Thats just life in football. Its not dirty, and if you watch interviews of older defensive players, they almost always will say they wanted to rip the QBs head off. Thats just physical football as it was meant to be played. It sucks to be on the losing end once again, but Im just excited to finally witness my team in the big game. the whole reason we picked up Brees, improved our defense, and hired Gregg williams. We want to win. We want to feel like winners. I dont think thats too much to ask.

Now as for us fans, and how some of of them reacted, you have to consider that we are also a quite tortured fanbase. We are always told that its not so bad, because we are just incompetent and born losers that never got anywhere. Well that doesnt sit well with any sports fan to be told they dont deserve to win anything. Its not very fair to expect our fanbase to just accept 43 years of defeat while a handful of franchises enjoy multiple superbowls. We have always believed in this team and followed them through the very worst times imaginable for a football team. We endured the miracle play against the Jaguars, only to miss the game tying extra point. We witnessed losing to the 0-26 buccaneers. We experienced so many years of total heartbreak and failure that Im really sorry if some of my fellow fans went off the deep end and treated you guys badly. We are just ridiculously excited that we even got this far. Saints fans consider this the best season ever, SB win or not. We are going to party and have parades and make Brees the king of the Mardi Gras regardless of whether or not our team wins the big one. thats just how important that team is to Louisiana. Thats how much it means to finally have a team that can compete with the best. thats what it means to us to finally get al ittle respect. It represents more than just the team or New Orleans. We see it as winning one for Louisiana. As a state we have never been respected either. No one dreams of moving to Louisiana. no one used to dream of becoming a new Orleans Saint. But that team is changing history. It is redefining what it means to be a Saints fan. It is giving us a winner. It is giving us a reason to hope. And for that, we are eternally grateful to them.
We truly love that team. Its really hard to describe how much it means to New Orleans and to its fanbase. But I think you know every time you yourselves look and smile at the purple jerseys on the wall.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the dirty play that concern me the most was the leg twisting when Farve was on the ground I want to
see the league adress that soon.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!