The Movies

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Re: The Movies

Post by OJVIKE »

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thekaratekid/
all new... no ralph no mr. meaggi.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

OJVIKE wrote:http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thekaratekid/
all new... no ralph no mr. meaggi.
Then it is sure to suck.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

dead_poet wrote:
The Exorcist., The Ring, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Psycho, Red Dragon
this is a football room was surprised no mention of child's play....aka "chucky"
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

dead_poet wrote: Then it is sure to suck.

Instead its Jackie Chan and Will Smith's son???

weird

Anyways, havent any of you guys seen BRUNO? ****ing hilarious
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Krulik wrote:
Anyways, havent any of you guys seen BRUNO? ****ing hilarious
I have the two seasons of Da Ali G Show on DVD, and I wanted to see Bruno, but I couldn't get anyone from the regular movie gang to go.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Krulik wrote:Anyways, havent any of you guys seen BRUNO? ****ing hilarious
I thought Borat was funny. Bruno, not so much. To each their own I guess.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Anybody going to Ninja Assassin? Looks pretty bad ####. I hope to go sometime this week. From the makers of the Matrix so it should have some good fight scenes and special effects.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

dead_poet wrote:Anybody going to Ninja Assassin? Looks pretty bad ####. I hope to go sometime this week. From the makers of the Matrix so it should have some good fight scenes and special effects.
It looks action packed, but the name is redundant.

It's like calling a film Boxer Puncher.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Krulik wrote:Anyways, havent any of you guys seen BRUNO? ****ing hilarious

Nope. I don't like Sasha Baron Cohen. His comedy is not funny to me.

Dawn
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i like scif, westerns, and horror movies more. not to many good horror movies these days. boris karloff and vincent price movies were the best. texas chainsaw massacre and the exorcist were the best horror movies of all times. tombstone, young guns and unforgiven were excellent westerns. the matrix series, star wars, and the newest star trek movie were good scifi's. :govikes:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Is Avatar going to be any good?
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity??? Any good, thinking of going on Sat>
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purple guy wrote:Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity??? Any good, thinking of going on Sat>
I've heard good things from everybody that I know who has seen it. Although my favorite movie reviewers didn't think very highly of it. These guys are pretty good: http://www.spill.com/Movie-Reviews/Movi ... oId=420606

If you go, let me know what you think. I've been wanting to see it but will probably rent it when it comes out on DVD>
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Haven't seen it but a lot of my friends have and they said The Blindside is a good movie.
purple guy wrote:Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity??? Any good, thinking of going on Sat>
This one I've seen.

My first suggestion is if you get motion sickness easily (shaky camera) then you might want to pass on this one. It's not as bad as the Blair Witch since a lot of the scenes are filmed on a tripod but I still found it annoying.

Second, for the budget of the movie (under 20 grand?) I thought they did a good job. But would I pay $10 bucks to see it again? No. I'd wait to watch it on DVD. There's no big special effects or anything at all that makes this movie more enjoyable in the theatre vs watching at home.

I have another big gripe with the trailer for this movie but it would be a spoiler so I'll leave it out.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

The best movie I have seen in a long time is Fantastic Mr. Fox. Maybe I was just happy I had a migraine free day and was ready for a cute laugh, but I really liked it, as did my children and wife.

It isn't a big boomer action film, and it wasn't even played on one of the big bleacher seating screens, but it did not have to be.

For people who don't think The Incredibles or Ponyo were any good, or do not like Wallace and Gromit short films, you may not like this film either. I like those, and I believe Fantastic Mr. Fox is a lot of fun.