Favre or Manning

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

thor
Veteran

Favre or Manning

Post by thor »

Here's something, I'm considering starting Favre over Peyton Manning.

On one hand the Vikings should have the Lions game in hand and not throw as much. But I just read that Favre has thrown at least 2 TD's in 11 straight games in the Metrodome, and has thrown for more TD's against the Lions than any other team. I work with a die hard Colts fan, and he didn't really help me with my situation. I thought he would have all the confidence in Manning, but was split about it. Saying he plays them either lights out, or throw 3 or 4 INT's.

Some thoughts would be appreciated.
SarasotaViking
Franchise Player

Re: Favre or Manning

Post by SarasotaViking »

thor wrote:Here's something, I'm considering starting Favre over Peyton Manning.

On one hand the Vikings should have the Lions game in hand and not throw as much. But I just read that Favre has thrown at least 2 TD's in 11 straight games in the Metrodome, and has thrown for more TD's against the Lions than any other team. I work with a die hard Colts fan, and he didn't really help me with my situation. I thought he would have all the confidence in Manning, but was split about it. Saying he plays them either lights out, or throw 3 or 4 INT's.

Some thoughts would be appreciated.
If this league wins you any money and if you are in the playoff hunt Peyton is your number #1 QB, so go with him. Favre will have a good day yardage, but AD might have 3 touchdowns and kill your fantasy team. If the league is just for fun why not, go with Favre and enjoy the game. The Pats don't have the same D as they have had in years past so don't expect anything less than 300 yards and 2 TDs out of Peyton.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I just traded Favre. I tried the match up thing twice with Brady/Favre and burned me. I'm sticking with the better player, and you should too! (that being Manning...)
SarasotaViking
Franchise Player

Post by SarasotaViking »

Demi wrote:I just traded Favre. I tried the match up thing twice with Brady/Favre and burned me. I'm sticking with the better player, and you should too! (that being Manning...)

I didn't draft Favre in either of my big money leagues because of that reason. You can't mix business with pleasure and that holds true in Fantasy football as well. I passed on AD last year with the #2 pick for the same reason. Call me stupid but I won the league. God forbid if AD got hurt, it would ruin my favorite team and my fantasy team. UGG, knock on wood. I also have Brady and stayed patient with him in the beginning and it looks like its going to pay off big in the second half and playoff run.
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

SarasotaViking wrote:
I didn't draft Favre in either of my big money leagues because of that reason. You can't mix business with pleasure and that holds true in Fantasy football as well. I passed on AD last year with the #2 pick for the same reason. Call me stupid but I won the league. God forbid if AD got hurt, it would ruin my favorite team and my fantasy team. UGG, knock on wood. I also have Brady and stayed patient with him in the beginning and it looks like its going to pay off big in the second half and playoff run.
I drafted Favre as my bye week fill in, in hopes he was going to be doing well. I didn't draft him because he was a Viking, just it was a good time to take him. I already had my starters and depth at all positions. I am probably going to stick with Manning. Plus I have Wayne, and the double up connection has been good this year. I wouldn't call you stupid, everyone does there own thing, and besides there's just no telling what the season brings. But I would have been really happy to be in your league with the 3rd pick.

Thanks for your thoughts. It is a money league and at the moment am 7-2 with the best team in the league.