Lynch or Slaton?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Lynch or Slaton?

Post by S197 »

Both have been hot and cold. Leaning towards Lynch but what does everyone else think?
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Lynch or Slaton?

Post by Cliff »

If two players are pretty even in stats you've got to look at who they're playing.

Luckily for you they're both going up against teams who are bad against the run. CLE is particularly bad though ... they've given up about 160 ypg over the last 3 games I believe.

I'd probably start Lynch. However, if you can get Slaton in a w/r spot (depending on the league) or depending on who your other RB is or going up against neither of them are bad choices.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I wish I had a flex spot for Slaton but not in this league. My other starter is Marion Barber.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

You know ... I don't think Barber's stats are *that* much better than Slaton's to where you don't even have to ask the question of who to start.

The Redskins have the 3rd best defense and the 5th best rushing defense, which is who Barber goes up against. Indy's rushing defense is 24th and overall they're 15th. Their passing defense is 7th. With their defense being good at pass protection and not very good at stopping the rush you should see more rushing out of Slaton. I think I'd probably start Slaton this week but they're both good backs, whichever you use you'll probably get good numbers off of.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Well I decided to go with Barber and Lynch but all three had good games. Thanks for the advice Cliff.