Top Fantasy Defense

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

MichViking
Transition Player

Top Fantasy Defense

Post by MichViking »

Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but on nfl.com, they have their 2008 fantasy rankings, and the vikings defense is number one. nice to see that for a change. also adrian peterson is the number 2 running back and the number 2 overall. next to LT in both cases.

TOP FIVE DEFENSES.
1.Vikings
2.Chargers
3.Patriots
4.Cowboys
5.Steelers
RIP Sean Taylor
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Top Fantasy Defense

Post by mondry »

LOL THE PATRIOTS???? HAHAHAHAH
markuskato
Starter

Post by markuskato »

that is some pretty good company
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mondry wrote:LOL THE PATRIOTS???? HAHAHAHAH

Yeah, Tom Brady runs the defense too :lol:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeblood
Backup

Post by vikeblood »

When I look for a fantasy defense, a good offense doesn't hurt. When the other team is constantly playing catch up they have a tendency to pass more. More passes generally means more turnovers, sacks, etc...which is how fantasy leagues rate defenses. So I don't think the Pats are that much of a reach.
Time to win a superbowl for Bud...
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Using that logic I would still have to go with someone else like the Packers then. They have a good offense and play against the likes of Kitna (who got sacked more then any one else) and Grossman twice a year.

The loss of Samual and the fact that Teddy Bruschi and junior seau are like 100 would be enough alone to make me question putting them any where near the top 5.

I'd probably still take the Ravens over the patriots.
Krulik
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Krulik »

This is going to make my homer picks even worse. Ill probably take them 2nd round or something. Shiiiiooooot
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

Krulik wrote:This is going to make my homer picks even worse. Ill probably take them 2nd round or something. Shiiiiooooot
It is one of the most satisfying homer picks to have on your fantasy team...the team defense. Even when they don't have the ball, as a fan, your team is still on offense!

I think I will take this year off from Fantasy football though. I'd rather just focus on the vikes and not spend time worrying about other teams.
supervman
Transition Player

Post by supervman »

Huh, didn't AD come out the clear winner when he went head to head vs LT in the dome? I seem to recall something about AD setting a record. :)
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

supervman wrote:Huh, didn't AD come out the clear winner when he went head to head vs LT in the dome? I seem to recall something about AD setting a record. :)
The argument you'll get there is "he hasn't shown he can do it as consistently as LT" ... which is a good argument to make.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Cliff wrote: The argument you'll get there is "he hasn't shown he can do it as consistently as LT" ... which is a good argument to make.
And don't forget "LT can block, and catch", which means he won't be losing snaps to his backup. ;)