Nice Fantasy football year

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Nice Fantasy football year

Post by Cliff »

3 Leauges. Two private and one public. Won first place in two and am in the final game in the last. I'm proud of myself this year.

Last edited by Cliff on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Congrats Cliff. Nicely done. I did as usual this year and got my head handed to me in a basket. :)
Mike

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Nice Fantasy football year

Post by DeeEss57 »

I did fairly well in the four Yahoo leagues I played. Finished 1st in the regular season in one, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs and lost the 3rd place game. Finished 4th in the second league, lost in the first round of the playoffs and lost the 3rd place game. Finished 2nd in the third league, took 3rd in the playoffs. Finished in 7th in the fourth league in the regular season.

My fantasy players really let me down in the playoffs this year. If they had played the past two weeks like they did the rest of the season, I probably would have won the playoffs. Dang it!

Dawn
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Look! Look! It's Demi!
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

I did pretty well too...2 championship game losses in 2 leagues.

I hate Yahoo, I can't believe you do all your leagues there. This 20 team league was my first time at Yahoo, and I'll never do it again. My friend league and all my prior leagues have been NFL.com, which is just so much better. Great interface, and you can have lots of fun with it, like post fake news articles with any picture you want, etc. Yahoo is completely schwaggy. All you get is some feminine looking avatar and a little quote. La di da!

But congrats again Cliff. It was not the NFC North loss that haunts me, but my loss in the friend league where I had a kick #### team (including AD) that just tanked in the last game by some weird karmic glitch.

But oh well, on to reality!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

That's why I like yahoo fantasy personally, it's just a lot easier. It's simple to use and not cluttered. And still does what it should, allow people to play fantasy football.
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

I got screwed in the NFC North League.

I was #1 almost ALL year until last week when I lost to Yogi's team beacuse of Phillip River crap playing.

But Cliffy boy, you dont stand a chance unless NE Sits their starters.

Somehow I was able to get both LT and Brady. It's like I'm America and you're Russia after the collapse. Only 1 superpower beotch.

Cliff beat me the first week of the season by 13 points, one of only 2 losses on the season. I beat him in our second matchup in a blowout by 35 points.

I plan on doing the same this week...

(i only wish this were a keeper league. I dont want to give up Brady and LT because I KNOW i'll never get both again.)
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Swaps wrote:I got screwed in the NFC North League.

I was #1 almost ALL year until last week when I lost to Yogi's team beacuse of Phillip River crap playing.

But Cliffy boy, you dont stand a chance unless NE Sits their starters.

Somehow I was able to get both LT and Brady. It's like I'm America and you're Russia after the collapse. Only 1 superpower beotch.

Cliff beat me the first week of the season by 13 points, one of only 2 losses on the season. I beat him in our second matchup in a blowout by 35 points.

I plan on doing the same this week...

(i only wish this were a keeper league. I dont want to give up Brady and LT because I KNOW i'll never get both again.)
Yeah, it's looking pretty grim. I'm 6th seed in this league though.

It's projected 89 to 112 ... think I can make up the difference?

Plaxico Burress, Rudi Johnson, and Maurice Jones-Drew all on the bench ... two out and the other with low projected stats ... bah
Backup

Post by 9 »

very nice cliff ... good luck on your final week
SwoboVike
Starter

Post by SwoboVike »

Is there a fantasy league that someone could recommend for a casual player? I don't have the time for all of the antics suggested by some (fake news, etc...). I just want to draft a team, do some trades and go head to head with other like-minded individuals without a lot of extracurricular junk that I experienced in my first try this year (cbs sports). I went in with 2 other Viking fans in a packer fan dominated league and got so much grief over being a Viking fan that it took away from what I was hoping to be a nice diversion from just Vikings players. Is there a league without all of that? The cost wasn't bad ($20/yr plus $0.25/trade and $0.25/add) but would prefer to not have a packer dominated league! Duh!
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

we (well, mostly me the last couple years) run a free league through yahoo that we "try" to keep just for "regulars" on this board - we usually get it up during training camp with the live draft the weekend just after the last pre-season games - watch for notices next August
SwoboVike
Starter

Post by SwoboVike »

Greg wrote:we (well, mostly me the last couple years) run a free league through yahoo that we "try" to keep just for "regulars" on this board - we usually get it up during training camp with the live draft the weekend just after the last pre-season games - watch for notices next August
Thanks, Greg! I'll keep my eyes open for it. What a joy it would be to do it with a bunch from this forum!

Viking fans are the most intelligent NFL fans out there, IMNSHO..... :D
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

NFL.com is free and you don't have to post fake articles, and you don't have to tell people you are a Vikings fan, and you don't have to listen to what people say.

Also, you can choose from like a billion leagues, so you can find one that caters to your other interests.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

But you do have to look at a ton of flufflike barely useful links and a cluttered not very user friendly interface...