Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

missouriviking wrote:Hello I'm a dead hard viking that can't wait to see the vikings win this season! :govikes:
Welcome to our board.

As I have asked many Vikings fans from outside MN... how did you become a Vikings fan?
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

Well i'm a huge fran fan and i was born with my blood ppurple and it has has benn like that my less of my life :govikes:
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

:welcome I hope you get to see the Vikes win a lot this year. We all want to see a playoff appearance this year.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

:welcome to the board. Glad you are here.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome to the board.
so what's the deal? what are the basics i need to know to be a viks fan? who are the most hated rivals and people to hate? haha. (as browns fans hate steelers, ravens, broncos....and especially john elway)
Division rivals are the Bears, Lions and Packers, you can hate any of those. Remember however, the Lions haven't exactly been great for a long time so we might want to give their fans a break. Bears fans are generally annoying, no break for them. Packer fans are a "fair weather" bunch no matter what they say... they, and the team are easy to hate. :)

Dallas is another... you are to young to remember, but "Pearson pushed off!".

Hang around and read, fan stuff isn't complicated. :wink:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
VikingBolt
Starter

Post by VikingBolt »

Hello all.

Just found this board last night and have been reading.

Not sure how much I will post, but may put in a word or two down the line. I've been a Viking fan since the 60's. Due to some family problems I didn't follow the team for a few years but have been getting back into it. I was born in Minnesota but have now lived in So. Calif longer than I did back home, and have also become a Charger fance, hence "Bolt" in my username.

Looking forward to some interesting reading, since I rarely get to see the Vikes on TV and when I do, more times than not they lost :( I started following their scores on nfl.com, but it has been so slow, so now I figure I can come here and get a better idea of what's happening.
Go Vikes!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingBolt wrote:Hello all.

Not sure how much I will post, but may put in a word or two down the line. I've been a Viking fan since the 60's. Due to some family problems I didn't follow the team for a few years but have been getting back into it. I was born in Minnesota but have now lived in So. Calif longer than I did back home, and have also become a Charger fance, hence "Bolt" in my username.

Looking forward to some interesting reading, since I rarely get to see the Vikes on TV and when I do, more times than not they lost :( I started following their scores on nfl.com, but it has been so slow, so now I figure I can come here and get a better idea of what's happening.

Good to have ya. Hope you have lots of fun and learn lots of stuff!!

Josh
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

VikingBolt wrote:Hello all.

:welcome to the board. Hopefully you will get to see the Vikes play when the Chargers come up to the Dome on Nov. 4th. I'm looking forward to that game.
Mike

Serenity Now
Starter

My sons and I bleed purple

Post by Serenity Now »

Hello,

My name is John and have been a die-hard Viking fan since 1969 when at the age of 6, I saw color TV for the first time. Two things stood out: 1. I thought the purple uniforms were cool and 2. Joe Kapp was a stud.

Being born and raised in Southern California made me a bit of an anomaly. I hated the Rams from the get go and I still get a measure of joy when the Cowboys lose.

Starting with the devastating loss in Super Bowl IV (my best friend was a chiefs fan-ouch!) and continuing to the 3 other losses in the big one as well as the heartbreaks in '75 and '98 as well as the Decade of Disaster (IE: The Hershall Walker fallout), I have felt the pain that goes along with this type of affair. I was number 10 in every sport I ever competed in.

I recently attended the Charger Chiefs fan with my old pal-I have resisted the pleas to jump on the SD bandwagon. As my buddy and I sat there, me with my Vikes visor and him in his Chiefs jersey, we came to the realization that we were just a couple of bandwagoners who became fans when our teams competed in the Super Bowl. Oh well, at least we have stayed thru the thick and thin times.

I have 2 sons who since birth have followed their old mans addiction and now have seen the pain that comes with it. The 3 of us are coming to MN in December for the Monday night game against the Bears and cannot wait.

Look forward to checking in on the site and keeping tabs on my team.
Johnny
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

:welcome to the board. We are getting quite a following from the California area. It's also good to see another fan around my age who remembers seeing Kapp and the other old Vikings.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: My sons and I bleed purple

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Serenity Now wrote:Hello,

My name is John .
Another one!? Just kiddin, although we do have quite a few John's here.

Welcome, welcome!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingBolt
Starter

Post by VikingBolt »

Thanks for the welcome PurpleMustReign and Kansas Viking.

I was REALLY hoping they could beat the cowboys today.

BTW, I very well remember the Kapp days. Wish we had clones of Eller, Page, Marshall (wrongway?) and Larsen. Maybe one day.
Go Vikes!
Viking Biker
Rookie

Post by Viking Biker »

Hi all. My name is Todd. I met Mike a few years ago. Actually, I met him online back around 1999 or so, and we met in person around 2002 or 2003? Man, where do the years go? Anyway, it's my fault that we didn't keep in touch. I had some personal issues the last few years, but have overcome them and have been able to stabilize my life.

I bought a new motorcycle back in 2003. It's a Suzuki Volusia. It was silver and white. Not anymore. It's now purple and gold. I had it painted over the summer by a friend down in Des Moines (Ed Head Graphics and custom painting). The result? Well, I bumped into a guy that knew a guy with the Vikings, and I now own the official motorcycle of the Minnesota Vikings. It was like winning the lottery. Last week's game against the Eagles was the first game for the bike. Ragnar rode it out of the tunnel onto the field, and I was on the field watching it all. I get on field credentials for all the home games, which is the sweetest thing I could ever dream of. Before the game, I was standing in the player tunnel next to the bike, and all the players are walking right past me. You should have seen AP. He looked at the bike, then looked at my buddy, then looked at the bike again. Incredible.

It's great to be here. I hope I can meet most of you. I'm going to see Mike this weekend for the first time in a few years. I can't wait!

Todd