Ankiel powers Cards' rain-shortened rout of Bucs

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

wang_chi7 wrote: So you're just part of the witch hunt.
although i agree with you, you also have speculated that its worse in football and you have no proof of that either. your defense of mlb is relentless. if you're going to say that baseball players are not guilty, then at least stop bashing football players for the same thing.
jackal
Strong Safety

baseball

Post by jackal »

just what baseball needs another story like this one.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Demi wrote: And you're part of the public that has bought into what they are selling hook line and sinker. And won't accept what right in front of you.

Let me guess, Bonds doesnt/didnt take anything but the clear either?

In some cases there are signs that point to it, they arent just random occurances. Or natural changes of the body. Personally in A-Rods case, yes, that's more of a witch hunt. He's doing well so it's automatically an illegal substance. But others there is actual evidence aside from performance.
I in no way think there isn't a problem in baseball. Bonds is a cheater. Many other guys are too. Sometimes its obvious.

When I mean witch hunt I mean when people just blurt out names without any reason besides the player is good. There has to be substance behind the claims. Otherwise I could just start saying David Eckstein is a juicer or Jason Tyner or whomever I want. Its too easy to point at anyone, I would like to find out the truly guilty.

Don't ever put me in the boat of people who just deny it. I'm not even close to that group. Baseball (and IMO football) have a problem. I haven't ignored it at all and have been saying something needs to be done for over 10 years now. I just hate it when people throw players under the bus without any reason besides that they are a league leader or that they just don't like him.

Lets put blame where blame is due and not just blurt out, "I think this guy cheats" or "Player X is a juicer." I want evidence. When I mean evidence I don't necessarily mean enough for conviction, but I mean something like a story breaking out about a guy (like the case with Ankiel) before even pointing fingers. Otherwise it just turns into a big gossip circle.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

although i agree with you, you also have speculated that its worse in football and you have no proof of that either. your defense of mlb is relentless. if you're going to say that baseball players are not guilty, then at least stop bashing football players for the same thing.
You sort of got me there, but its not quite the same.

For one, I don't think baseball is innocent nor do I defend MLB. I just think the NFL needs to be talked about too. I only mention it because for some reason they are not talked about.

I'm also not throwing individuals under the bus (besides Merriman who has been caught and deserves more than a 4 game suspension.) I've just always said that if people are going to assume things about baseball, then they need to assume it about football too. They shouldn't get a pass from the media or the public, but they do. Baseball has been the scapegoat, but isn't the loan culprit.

Plus there is much evidence in football. Heard of Merriman, Stussie, that Denver punter, Bill Romanoski, to name a few?
Last edited by wang_chi7 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

For what its worth, I don't think Jason Tyner is a juicer... 8)

I know what you mean about the Witch Hunt. Some legit players (like A-Rod, Mauer, Carlos Delgado) are good players, but I'm sure it won't be long before their names are thrown about. What needs to happen is monthly tests on every player (even Jason Tyner) until they can get this thing under control.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:For what its worth, I don't think Jason Tyner is a juicer... 8)

I know what you mean about the Witch Hunt. Some legit players (like A-Rod, Mauer, Carlos Delgado) are good players, but I'm sure it won't be long before their names are thrown about. What needs to happen is monthly tests on every player (even Jason Tyner) until they can get this thing under control.
LOL, I would be absolutely shocked if Tyner juiced. If he does, he is either not following the directions on the bottle or he is getting screwed and given a placebo. :D

Glad to see there is a logical person on this thread. I hate that some rotten apples give the whole orchard a bad name. They all aren't cheating.