Just finished my draft

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Just finished my draft

Post by S197 »

What do you think? 10-man league:

QB: McNabb, Kitna
RB: Larry Johnson, Edge James, Brandon Jacobs, Jamal Lewis, LaMont Jordan
WR: Terell Owens, Plaxico Burress, Calvin Johnson, Chris Chambers, Santonio Holmes
TE: Ben Watson, Greg Olsen
Def: Minnesota and Tampa Bay
K: Joe Nedney
IDP: Aaron Kampman, Champ Bailey, Troy Polamalu, Jason Taylor

First time playing with individual defensive players so it was tough to figure when to draft them but overall I think it was a good draft. Kind've weak at the TE position but shouldn't be too bad.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Def, 4 IDPs
Canadian Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Canadian Viking »

Great roster! Were you drafting with a bunch of homers who picked players off their favourite teams? Perhaps I am not used to 10 team drafts, but that looks crazy-stacked.

The weakest spot, to me, would be the RBs. Johnson has always been great, but with his oline in shambles, I wonder how he'll play. Edge hasn't done anything in AZ, but he should be better this year. Jacobs should be good. Lewis needs a major rebound. Jordan is a bench player for you, but not a bad one to have.

I also think that you might have trouble at Def. Minni plays some very strong teams this year and might get scored on, especially if the O can't move the ball. Tampa is a shell of its former self.

There are some question marks for your RBs, but i think that you'll be in a good spot to dominate your league.
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

looks good to me. i agree that your RBs look the weakest of anything up there. personally i would drop your back up D and TE (if you can in your league) and pick up some back up RBs. Guys that are going to boom or bust. I have never played IDP so I have no idea if you did well there. I have my draft less then 2 weeks away. can't wait!

PS: your QB situation is sick
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yeah I drafted in the 3rd position with LT and Stephen Jackson going ahead of me. So LJ was really my only option. Second pick was Edge, wasn't much of the RB's left at the 18th pick and he seemed to be the best value. The others I agree are more gambles but all I really need is for one of them to work out.

As for defense, I was the last to choose as I don't like taking defense early (unless its the Bears or Ravens). I think Minnesota can be a top 5 D this year but even if not, I'm hoping the individual defensive players make up for it. I've never played IDP before but from what I've read, they're all in the top 3-5.

I could drop a D or TE for another RB, but I'm already carrying 5 RBs so not sure I'm going to do that. I could drop a RB to pickup another but not really sure who as mostly everyone is gone.

Edit: These are the RB's available on waivers: Tatum Bell, Ladell Betts, Bandon Jackson, Chris Henry, Vernand Morency, DeShaun Foster, Kevin Jones, Dominic Rhodes, Leon Washington, Michael Turner.

Betts could take carries away from Portis, he had a nice year last year. Turner could also be a good option if LT goes down. I just don't know if they're any better than what I already have.
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

they aren't better right now. you would be jumping the gun before portis gets hurt to grab betts. tatum could be great. turner is also a great option if LT goes down. i just don't see how tampa or greg olson is going to be the difference maker in you winning your league vs. gambling on some RB going wild if the starter goes down.
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

nice draft man
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
Canadian Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Canadian Viking »

I wouldn't pick up any of those rbs now, but you might want to drop the TE and try to grab an extra QB or D as trade bait later on.
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

how big is your league? Eight teams? ten?

I'm in a 12-team league and no one has a roster like that.
"Meet at the quarterback"
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

10-man league.
vikinginindiana
Veteran

Post by vikinginindiana »

good looking team. Good Luck!