Madden 08

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

review coming soon
RIP Sean Taylor
WichitaKSViking
Starter

Post by WichitaKSViking »

I got it!!! I couldn't protest another year that 2k was gone, that and I did't want the one were Brad Johnson is the starting QB either... We I reallly like it it has some very realisticness to it and I scorched my buddy 41 to 33 last night. Me/Viking Buddy/Cowboys.... I recomend it..
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

The cheat is on for Brett Favre. We knew John Madden fawns all over Favre, but it is now "in the game!" :wink:

Ultra Favre

Warning: this is at least PG13 for language, so do not click on the video at work or with young kids around.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
jackal
Strong Safety

sounds

Post by jackal »

well if people keep buying it with its poor quality
why should they fix it?

sounds to me like the people who buy this game
over and over again have only themselves to blame.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've always wished they would implement gang tackling. I mean generally in Madden your guy is taken down by 1 maybe 2 defenders at the most. It'd be neat to see a whole pile of guys on top of a runner like in the real game.
Demi
Commissioner

Re: sounds

Post by Demi »

jackal wrote:well if people keep buying it with its poor quality
why should they fix it?

sounds to me like the people who buy this game
over and over again have only themselves to blame.
*shrug* I havent noticed any huge bugs in current gen. They've only been working on next gen a year or two. Obviously they shouldnt be selling the equivalent of a beta test as a finished product, but they can, with no competition and all. :)
Cowboy fan

Post by Cowboy fan »

PS3

if any one wants to play the Cowboys on line....
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

This game is GAY!!!! *Warning* Do not play as the Vikings if you get angry really easily. All it is INT city. I mean you can't even play a game where Tarvaris throws an INT unless you run all game, but then you risk Peterson or Taylor fumbling. Or if Tarvaris doesn't throw INT he over throws them or throws out of bounds. Another thing... OUR LINE SUCKS IN PASS BLOCKING IN THIS GAME! I was sacked 3 times 2 from the right side and 1 from the left side in about a span of 2 minutes. It's hard to make 20+ rushes too. You get like ten yards then they just magicly tackle Peterson or Taylor. Peterson has 93 speed and he can't out run a CB that has been playing in the NFL for 11 years!!! DON'T WASTE $60 ON THIS GAME!!!
*Note* lol that video was funny. The same thing happened to me only Arron Rodgers was playing because Favre was injured.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

I'm just waiting to see what our final roster is before making the trades/draft in last years version to get the roster up to date. The new game doesn't look as good to me as last years anyway.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:This game is GAY!!!! *Warning* Do not play as the Vikings if you get angry really easily. All it is INT city. I mean you can't even play a game where Tarvaris throws an INT unless you run all game, but then you risk Peterson or Taylor fumbling. Or if Tarvaris doesn't throw INT he over throws them or throws out of bounds. Another thing... OUR LINE SUCKS IN PASS BLOCKING IN THIS GAME! I was sacked 3 times 2 from the right side and 1 from the left side in about a span of 2 minutes. It's hard to make 20+ rushes too. You get like ten yards then they just magicly tackle Peterson or Taylor. Peterson has 93 speed and he can't out run a CB that has been playing in the NFL for 11 years!!! DON'T WASTE $60 ON THIS GAME!!!
And that's different than the real thing how? :lol: Sorry couldnt resist.

Hopefully I can find a draft file before my season is over. Team needs some help!!! Only bright spot is Rice, he's tearing it up for me. Can't seem to gain more than 11 yards on any rushing play either, I see open ground and think I'm going to take one 80 yards for a TD and suddenly I'm tackled.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Demi wrote: And that's different than the real thing how? :lol: Sorry couldnt resist.
Point on!

That is the same thing I was thinking.

Minniman
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

oh, and btw, it's only 39.99 on Xbox. ;)
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

I signed Eric Moulds to the team. The only probably is he is 88 speed!!! He catches it and can't break away for a TD he gets like to the 20 then he is tackled. Otherwise he catches almost everything.
mcdaking84
Veteran

Post by mcdaking84 »

i love madden but this game is really bad. the defensive backs are superhuman and adrian fumbles 4 times a game. Hopefully Ea releases a patch for the turnover problem that most people are having.

It's still fun but some of the problems are a killer.

If none of you have tried it, give all pro a shot.

Playing with chuck foreman and barry sanders is a blast.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Wow even Peyton Manning gets at least 2 INT's a game. I mean i threw this pass to Wayne on a drag and the CB like glitches in front of the ball and picks it off. They better be fixing this in an online update soon. Oh btw Peterson fumbles a lot. I dunno know why. Oh yeah there is no "player Progression" to keep track of how good your players get. So yeah no more mid season stat boosts. That's a bad thing because Jackson's accuracy is terrible. One more note... THE LIONS RUN DEFENSE IS ACTUALY GOOD! I MEAN I WAS 15 FOR 35 YARDS WITH PETERSON!! My line still doesn't block. Now even the left side is sucking. This game is just terrible.