Wearing Your Vikings Colors

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. X
Hall of Fame Inductee

Wearing Your Vikings Colors

Post by Mr. X »

Anyone been to a Viking game at Qwest Field in Seattle and worn a Viking jersey? If yes, I'd be interested in whether or not you encountered any problems.

I have a friend who will be in Seattle next week on business and since the Vikings are playing the Seahawks on Saturday night he plans on staying over and taking in the game. He bought two tickets on eBay and will be going by himself and trying to scalp the other ticket. I guess he's just unsure about what to expect if he's going alone wearing a Viking jersey.

I said I knew of a good Viking board and would inquire to see if anyone has had any experience (good, bad or ugly) at Qwest Field.

Anyone?

For most stadiums I don't think its an issue but there are a couple I would probably think twice about (especially if I were by myself). For instance ... Oakland and Philly come to mind. I don't think that would be worth the risk given how obnoxious the fan base is for those two teams.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

I haven't ever been there, but I personally know a couple of people that have and they had nothing but good things to say about the experience. While there are jerks in every crowd, I think for the most part the majority of stadiums will treat opposing fans well.

I do agree with you on Philly and I would add Giants stadium to the list of places I would be wary of.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kansas Viking wrote:I haven't ever been there, but I personally know a couple of people that have and they had nothing but good things to say about the experience. While there are jerks in every crowd, I think for the most part the majority of stadiums will treat opposing fans well.

I do agree with you on Philly and I would add Giants stadium to the list of places I would be wary of.

I always cheer a little louder when an opposing fan is near in the Dome. :twisted:
But i've been to Miller Park and the Bradley Center (Milwaukee) and their fans are very good for the most part.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Sackmeifyoucan
Veteran

Post by Sackmeifyoucan »

My girlfriend and I were completely decked out in purple and had no problems at all at Qwest Field.
As a matter of fact, everyone was very nice to us and offered us beer and food.

Great fans and a great stadium.

As for Philly...Lincoln Financial Field was completely horrible and I would NOT recommend that you wear ANY purple at all.
It is basically a prison setting with inmates (or people that should be inmates) surrounding you.
As a matter of fact, buy an Eagles hat and wear it when you go. Your experience will be 100% better.
vikingsfrenzy
Backup

Post by vikingsfrenzy »

I've heard the same about needing to be wary when you're checking out the Skins...
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

And don't forget about Oakland. I saw a lot of Bronco fans getting assaulted while at a Raiders game in Los Angeles.

Seattle is a real cream puff city. Lots of people in Berets and Thick black framed glasses trying to sound smart, but they are nice enough people. I wouldn't worry at all about wearing my vikes jersey there.

Philly, NJ, DC...generally speaking these are not even good places to go outside. The sleaze you encounter at a local movie theatre is bad enough. It just gets worse if you go to a sporting event. They'll boo their own players and pelt santa clause. There's a good reason that people in the South count the District as Yankee country. It has a lot in common with those other Yankee slums up further north.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

I dont want to sound like a jerk, and would never do anything jerky to another teams fan but for me.....

I HATE HAVING THE OPPOSING TEAMS FANS ANYWHERE NEAR ME, IT PISSES ME OFF! :shock: :D

Honestly, am I the only one that just wants to see a sea of Purple and thats it? I dont think so.
jackal
Strong Safety

mmm

Post by jackal »

I know Oakland is horrible place to go
in another teams colors.

I have heard the 49ers fans aren't too bad
to deal with about other fans.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

VikingMachine wrote:I dont want to sound like a jerk, and would never do anything jerky to another teams fan but for me.....

I HATE HAVING THE OPPOSING TEAMS FANS ANYWHERE NEAR ME, IT PISSES ME OFF! :shock: :D

Honestly, am I the only one that just wants to see a sea of Purple and thats it? I dont think so.
I've actually had some of the most fun times in the Dome when I was sitting next to opposing fans. The best one was when I sat next to a Lions fan. We pretty much spent the whole game telling each other how our team was going to mess things up.

At one point we had the Lions 3rd and 21. He told me we pretty much had them at that point. I told him no way, they would throw for 22. They ended up throwing for 24. :)
Mike