Happy dance!!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Happy dance!!

Post by DeeEss57 »

:banana: :banana: :cheer: :elephant: :banana2:

Just bought a new computer! Finally, after 6 months of computer purgatory, I have something that doesn't take all day to load! Woohoo!

Dawn
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

And you deserve it, Dawn. Great news, have fun!

John
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: Happy dance!!

Post by Kansas Viking »

DeeEss57 wrote::banana: :banana: :cheer: :elephant: :banana2:

Just bought a new computer! Finally, after 6 months of computer purgatory, I have something that doesn't take all day to load! Woohoo!

Dawn
Congrats. You can never have too many new electronic toys. :)
Mike

VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Congrats Dawn!

Its almost as good a feeling as when you get a new car...almost but not quite. Enjoy it!!!
yayanjl
Practice Squad

Post by yayanjl »

Hope you have fun with it :P
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Did you have the store put on Windows XP and save the Vista discs for later, or did you register Vista?
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Minniman wrote:Did you have the store put on Windows XP and save the Vista discs for later, or did you register Vista?
Way to try and kill the buzz, buzzkill!
jackal
Strong Safety

good

Post by jackal »

yeah !!!!!!!!!! Dawn

we expected a lot more posts now(j/k)

seriously good for you it sucks to have a slow computer.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: Way to try and kill the buzz, buzzkill!

:point: :point:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Happy dance!!

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kansas Viking wrote: Congrats. You can never have too many new electronic toys. :)

That sounds a bit seedy Mike... :P

Good for you Dawn. I love getting a new computer. Its soooo nice not to have to wait for stuff.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Minniman wrote:Did you have the store put on Windows XP and save the Vista discs for later, or did you register Vista?

It didn't come with CDs. :( But I'm going to put my XP hard drive in it and see what happens. If it works, I'll slave the Vista drive. So far, I have to say I like XP. The jury is out on Vista. But I *have* changed everything to 'Windows Classic', so it feels more like a familiar computer.

Dawn
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

My new laptop came pre-installed with Vista and after 6 months I can report NO problems in any way shape or form. I dont know what the big deal is. I am sure there are compatability problems with certian things but as far as i can see its not a major issue, not much different than anytime a new operating system comes out. I remember people complaining nonstop about XP when that came out too as well as other versions.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

My experience has been the exact opposite of VikingMachine. Vista has been a constant headache for just about everyone I know who has gotten a computer this past year.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I'm such a old fart that I had a computer loaded with Win2000 pro when I bought it in '06. I give them years to get the bugs out. :oops: I did finally did upgrade to XP (the disk came with the PC), I figure I'll be ready for Vista by about 2020. :)
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

John wrote:I'm such a old fart that I had a computer loaded with Win2000 pro when I bought it in '06. I give them years to get the bugs out. :oops: I did finally did upgrade to XP (the disk came with the PC), I figure I'll be ready for Vista by about 2020. :)

My first computer was a laptop which came with Windows 3.1. Bought it in 1993. Bought a new desktop several years later. It had Windows 95. I kept that one until 2003, when I got one with Windows ME. That's the computer which fried in February. Since then, I've been using a 400 mhz computer with 192 mb of RAM running XP Pro. It ran slow, but XP's not bad.

I'm finding there are things about Vista I don't like. It doesn't have 'My Computer' on the desktop for one. Even in Classic view. But, really, all I want is to be able to get 'File Manager' back!

Dawn