Sources: Celtics, T-Wolves discussing Garnett trade again

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Sources: Celtics, T-Wolves discussing Garnett trade again

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Boston Celtics, who nearly completed a blockbuster Kevin Garnett trade before the June draft, have resurrected those trade talks and are again locked in serious discussions, according to NBA front-office sources.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127

You know... The WOlves actually look like they are headed in the right direction. I would hate to see KG go now. Corey Brewer, McCants, Foye, and Craig Smith actually seem like they could be a good five, with KG.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Well if Garnet goes no point of watching too many Timberwolves games.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Well if Garnet goes no point of watching too many Timberwolves games.
IMO there hasnt been much point in watching Timberwolves games for quite some time. I just hope they can get good value for him should they trade him...then again the worst GM in all of professional sports is handling this deal so I doubt it.
spdolphs
Transition Player

Post by spdolphs »

A source with the Celtics is saying it's done. Garnett is going.

http://www.startribune.com/wolves/story/1332831.html

Nothing confirmed yet but.....
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yep, looks like it's all but done, front page of espn, yahoo, etc.

Moss, Culpepper, now the big unit. I wonder if the TWolves are just throwing the next season or two for the picks? Whitman isnt the answer, or GM is incomopetent...so much for TWolves basketball for a few years...at least.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Geeze, what a waste.

Does L.A. need another team?

McHale will make the Celtics a winner yet!

Just think, some fans wanted this ownership group for the Vikings.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Minniman wrote:McHale will make the Celtics a winner yet!.
It is kind of ironic that McHale is dealing Garnett to the Celtics.

This still pisses me off.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: It is kind of ironic that McHale is dealing Garnett to the Celtics.

This still pisses me off.
No doubt. I suspect he's a tad more popular in Boston than Minnesota.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Will it's offical now... wow. poor Corey Brewer. He really wanted to play with Kevin Garnet.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Yeah, and Juwan Howard gets shafted. "Come and play with KG... oh, never mind... come and mentor some kids!"

I wonder who will pick up the 20+ points per game and the rebounding?

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

good luck in Boston, KG. You will at least have a chance there.

when is Glen Taylor going to get rid of Kevin McHale? he is ruining the T'wolves. :evil:
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Well KG we will all miss you. Unless you are a Celtics fan on this board. lol :lol:
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

i dont know ANYTHING about basketball. but from the articles i read, it seemed like minnesota made a good move because they weren't going to win a shot at a title before KGs contract was up anyway, so they might as well build for the future. can someone point to an article that says we made a bad move that isn't local so i can read it (not one that says it's good for the celtics, but one that says its bad for the twolves)?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

They don't! Because it's the most players for one in NBA history! We got so much potential it's coming out our nose! Too bad we have an incompetent GM and coach. This idea that "we didnt win with KG", yeah, because we didnt have anyone to help him. Having a bunch of no name young bums isnt going to win a championship, as much as having one super star wouldnt. The team just refused to give him any help, when they did they came closer then any other year! We'll see how it turns out in a few years...
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

This trade definitely helps the Celtics. They added Ray Allen (who when he is healthy is still a force), and now KG. Add in Paul Pierce and in a terribly weak Atlantic Division, they just made themselves contenders. Meanwhile, the Timberwolves are relegated to rebuilding for another five years. Hooray.

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa