buyers remorse?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Swaps
Career Elite Player

buyers remorse?

Post by Swaps »

I just bought an Xbox 360 and Forza 2 yesterday.

Can't wait until Madden comes out Aug 14...
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

How's Forza 2?

I was addicted to the original and the sequal is almost enough for me to drop the money for a 360. NCAA Football might push me over the edge though its a great game on the regular xbox and I really don't need a new system just for the better graphics on the football game.

I haven't cared much for Madden for a number of years now. Its the same game every year with a few extra bells and whistles and the same old problems. I will have to rent the next-gen version and borrow my brother's PS3 and see how it is though. I heard last year's 360 version was even worse than the xbox/PS2 version though (never played it.)
jackal
Strong Safety

ahhh

Post by jackal »

Swaps you suck this week

you bought and X-box360 and met John Randle

I'm all jealous
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Dude i got an xbox 360 and i love it! You got Xbox live man? If you got any money get a wireless modem and a 12 month xbox live membership. You got wireless internet right? Then if you got money get Gears of War or Madden 07. Those games are fun to play onlilne. I got xbox live, it's fun.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

Forza is ok.

I'm a little bored with it to be honest. There are some new tracks, but nothing I really care about. Some new cars. But again, nothing too special.

There are a TON of other kick #### games coming out only for 360 that should inspire you to get the "next gen" console. Plus microsoft upped it's warranty to 3 years instead of 1.

Jackal... I know... i'm a beotch.

Hardcore.
no, i dont have live yet. I dropped all my spare cash on the console and the game. Hopefully next week I'll be able to get the wireless receiver and a few months of Live. I already have the wireless router with our cable internet. I wont be buying Madden 07. But like I said. 08 is coming in a couple weeks. So I'm going to nerd out for a week or so. Mebby take a couple days off work! ;)

hardcore. What is your "gamertag" or whatever.

when i get live, i'll look you up.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Yeah i got a life but my gamertag is Roaring Gorilla
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Swaps, I assume you like your new XBox, huh? :D

We're behind the times - just got a Playstation 2 last Christmas. I wanted Final Fantasy XII. I'm only about 1/4 of the way thru that game and I started it last January - just don't have the time. I intended on throwing myself into it during my surgery leave but never did. There are so many side quests, rare monsters, etc. Great game, though. Lot different than the old FFs. No surprise monster attacks.

Any good role playing games for the XBox?

P.S. You met John Randle? Lucky dog!
Tammy
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

There's a good first person shooter called the Darkness for 360. I liked it a lot but it's fairly easy so it may be one to rent instead of buy.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

I have resisted purchasing an Xbox 360 because it is a Microsoft product.

They also tend to burn up because of a poor design.

I, generally, would rather play PC games anyway. It's too bad Madden is always a feature bare PS2 clone rather than a feature expanded game.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Minniman wrote:I have resisted purchasing an Xbox 360 because it is a Microsoft product.

They also tend to burn up because of a poor design.

I, generally, would rather play PC games anyway. It's too bad Madden is always a feature bare PS2 clone rather than a feature expanded game.
Heh, it's kind of ironic that you won't buy a 360 because it's a Microsoft product but play your games on your PC (Which I would assume is running either windows or something to emulate windows).

Not that I'm pro Microsoft or even own an xbox of any kind, just seemed like a silly reason if you're going to play on PC anyway.
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

I haven't played FF XII.
But I HAVE played FFX which is a FANTASTIC game.

regular xbox has some cool games.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is REALLY cool. It's not associated with the movies at all. It has it's own original storyline. And your actions can determine if you're following the "light" or falling to the "dark" side. It's REALLY cool. That's the reason I bought an Xbox years ago. I bought an Xbox 360 because all the good games are being made for the "next gen" consoles. Plus I have a lot of friends in my hometown who have 360s and they play on Xbox Live all the time. So i'll be able to race forza with them or play madden against them when I hook up to live. Doesn't hurt that the 360 is about $300 cheaper then the PS3. I've heard the PS3 just kicks #### though.

yeah, i'm pretty cautious about the over heating thing. But Xbox upped their 6mo warranty to 3 years. Yes it sucks that this problem exists. But as long as I dont go crazy, i should be fine.

I can't wait for Madden though. I've been ancy for this since the freakin' draft. I'm going to try to get some days off work when it comes out so I can just nerd it up for days and days on end.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Knights of the Old Republic is VERY cool. I play it on PC, which I have heard has some things the XBox version does not. KOTOR 2 is even better! You get to build things like health packs using things you find. I highly recommend it.

Right now I am making my way through Elder Scrolls:Oblivion. I am a latecomer to the game but thoroughly enjoy its open endedness.

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

I have KOTOR 1 & 2.

they're both really cool.

2 was really easy.
but I could NOT beat the first one.

I keep getting stuck in that room with all the damn robots in the end and I CAN NOT freakin figure out how to go through the door...

WHAT'S THE TRICK!?!?
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

I saw the thread title and I immediately thought it would be about Zygi Wilf.
jackal
Strong Safety

laugh

Post by jackal »

Eli wrote,
I saw the thread title and I immediately thought it would be about Zygi Wilf.
That is funny as much as I hate to admit it.

:spank: :nono: Lets stick behind our Vikings though
guys and be positive please :)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!