Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Hi Matt, welcome to the board.

The Vikes got Bud Grant from the Blue Bombers. :wink:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Hello Matt, and :welcome to the board. Good to have some of our Canadian neighbors here on the site.
Mike

geebrr
Rookie

Post by geebrr »

Thanks for the welcome guys, my brother is a HUGE Vikes fan too.

And Grant is definetely loved in both organizations, he is a living legend. :bowdown: :govikes: :beerchug:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 10 time CFL Champions

-Birthplace of Bud Grants Pro coaching career
jackal
Strong Safety

I never did this

Post by jackal »

My name is Ken I have been a vikings for 15
years. Every year I get more and more into it.
Honestly I am not even sure why I became I vikings
fan. I live in Northern California and respected the niners of
old. I have always hated the Raiders with a passion. Raiders
fans are always talking to much and then not being able to
take it in return.

I guess I became a vikings fan becausee of Doleman and Randle
type guys. I really hated to see Brian Willams leave. I loved watching
Willams smack Keyshawn Johnson and flip him in the air in the opener
two years ago(I think?).

And Yes I have been here for a while but i wanted to introduce
myself anyways.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Magnus1959
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Magnus1959 »

Why do I get the feeling I'm one of the oldest guys on this board? :injury:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Magnus1959 wrote:Why do I get the feeling I'm one of the oldest guys on this board? :injury:
Don't worry, with John and I here, you're not alone. :)
Mike

Punisher
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Punisher »

Hello Everybody, My name is Josh. I live in Prior Lake, Minnesota. I'm 25 years old. I've lived here my whole life and have been a Vikings fan since I can remember. I still have an Apex jacket from the early nineties LOL. Expensive little jacket. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months, and I finally got enough courage built up to join in. Look forward to meeting everybody on this board. SKOL VIKES!! Good Luck in 06.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome to the board, Josh. We always have room for another Vikings fan, I'm glad you decided to join.

John
Skoobs78
Veteran

Post by Skoobs78 »

Hi my name is Steve and I am 20 years old. I currently live in Fridley, Minnesota. I have been a Vikings fan for as long as I can remember. I go to college at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, a rough place to be a Vikings fan. I am a Criminal Justice major and I will be graduating in roughly 2008-2009. I am glad to be in a message board where I can boast/#### about the Vikings season.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Hi Steve, I'm glad you found our board, welcome aboard.

Sounds like you're in the midst of Packer country, must be difficult to not rub it in lately. :) I live near Taylors Falls, MN, on the border, and we have enough Packer fans to deal with... you have your hands full.

Hmm, a criminal justice major, I approve. :) What do you intend to do after college?

John
Skoobs78
Veteran

Post by Skoobs78 »

John wrote:Hi Steve, I'm glad you found our board, welcome aboard.

Sounds like you're in the midst of Packer country, must be difficult to not rub it in lately. :) I live near Taylors Falls, MN, on the border, and we have enough Packer fans to deal with... you have your hands full.

Hmm, a criminal justice major, I approve. :) What do you intend to do after college?

John

I'm not actually sure what I want to do after I graduate..... I have to get into some internship and decide when I get more into my CJ program. It is really rough not to rub it in, I did a lot last year and I got ripped on for not winning a super bowl......the one argument that Packer fans always bring up when they're losing a debate about football. I am currently living with 6 other hardcore Packer fans, which is going to either be the best time of my life if the Vikes win, or the worst if they lose.
Bermuda Viking
Backup

Post by Bermuda Viking »

Hello Viking fans!

I'm a born and raised Bermudian but a Viking at heart. This looks like a great site with cool people so I'll be here to check out the news and discussion and hopefully add something of value myself one day.

SKOL!!!!
HQ - Minneapolis, MN. Coming to select cities in 2007.
Punisher
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Punisher »

Welcome to the board Bermuda.
ksvikinggirl11
Practice Squad

Post by ksvikinggirl11 »

Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)
Sauce N Pepper

Post by Sauce N Pepper »

ksvikinggirl11 wrote:Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)
:welcome to the board! I think you will enjoy it even more when you get to interact with the members here and not just lurk. I know I did!