View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Introductions - if you're new, say hello here 
Author Message
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
ksvikinggirl11 wrote:
Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)


All right, another fellow Kansan. Welcome to the board. Although it sounds like you've been here a while.

You're married to a Chief/Packer fan? That's rough. But then most of my family are Chief fans too, so I guess we learn to live with it.

You'll have to make it to KC next year. Vikes will be playing there and it should be a wild one.

_________________
Mike

Image


Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:56 am
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:34 am
Posts: 1668
Location: In Most Womens Dreams!
Post 
ksvikinggirl11 wrote:
Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)
:welcome Image

_________________
Image

Image


Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:34 am
Posts: 1668
Location: In Most Womens Dreams!
Post 
ksvikinggirl11 wrote:
Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)

:welcome
Formerly from Wichita!

_________________
Image

Image


Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Franchise Player

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:34 pm
Posts: 454
Post 
Hello, all! I made my first two posts and then just found this thread. I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.

I live in Philly, but was born in Minneapolis. I've been a Vikings (and Twins) fan for as long as I can remember. I went to school at Wisconsin (go Badgers!) so I was surrounded by Packers fans for four years. Now I'm surrounded by Eagles fans. I honestly don't know which is worse.


Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:26 pm
Profile
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
vikings79 wrote:
Hello, all! I made my first two posts and then just found this thread. I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.

I live in Philly, but was born in Minneapolis. I've been a Vikings (and Twins) fan for as long as I can remember. I went to school at Wisconsin (go Badgers!) so I was surrounded by Packers fans for four years. Now I'm surrounded by Eagles fans. I honestly don't know which is worse.


:welcome to the board. Glad to have you here. Hopefully this will be a great season for the Vikes this year.

This place can sometimes be anything but sane. :D Although we try to keep it that way. I know what you mean about being surrounded by fans of other teams. It's nothing but Chief red here. But we do have a nice little following of Vikes fans.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

_________________
Mike

Image


Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17454
Location: Crystal, MN
Post 
vikings79 wrote:
I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.



Scary...


JK

Welcome!

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Practice Squad

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:25 am
Posts: 23
Post 
Hi!

I guess I'm not technically new, I signed up for this site early on after good ole' "TARK" aka Terry Zinc ruined the Vikings newsgroup. I guess they must have purged inactive members or something because I had to re-register. Anyhoo, the newsgroup has mostly dried up so this looks to be my new home for Vikings chat...


Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:47 pm
Profile
Bartender/Retired
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 9381
Location: Minnesota
Post 
McDLT wrote:
Hi!

I guess I'm not technically new, I signed up for this site early on after good ole' "TARK" aka Terry Zinc ruined the Vikings newsgroup. I guess they must have purged inactive members or something because I had to re-register. Anyhoo, the newsgroup has mostly dried up so this looks to be my new home for Vikings chat...


Welcome back. :thumbsup:

We recently deleted a lot of registered members who were inactive for about a year.

John


Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:11 am
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:56 am
Posts: 5605
Post 
I've been a member since August, but have only been posting for about , didn't post much, but have been reading it for about a year and a half. Seriously deep "Special Forces" like lurking going on here. Been really posting heavily(at least for me when it comes to board activity) for about 3 weeks. Not using an anonymous name, figure I don't have to. I live in Wisconsin, mom's side is rabid Packers, Dad's side is rabid Vikings. As a child I realized that well, even if the Packers were good, they still sucked.


Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:55 am
Posts: 26
Post 
Hi, I'm a long time lurker (from back in the Tark days on the newsgroup), posted on here a while back when we picked up Darren Bennet but mostly I've been coming here just to get a bit of detailed info on the Vikes. Here in Australia we don't get much NFL coverage, so you guys have been a source of much info the last couple of years. Cheers :govikes:


Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:46 am
Profile
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
McDLT wrote:
Hi!

I guess I'm not technically new, I signed up for this site early on after good ole' "TARK" aka Terry Zinc ruined the Vikings newsgroup. I guess they must have purged inactive members or something because I had to re-register. Anyhoo, the newsgroup has mostly dried up so this looks to be my new home for Vikings chat...


I knew I recognized the name when the activation went through. Welcome back. As John mentioned, we did a little house cleaning a while back. Glad to have you again.

_________________
Mike

Image


Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
Hunter Morrow wrote:
I've been a member since August, but have only been posting for about , didn't post much, but have been reading it for about a year and a half. Seriously deep "Special Forces" like lurking going on here. Been really posting heavily(at least for me when it comes to board activity) for about 3 weeks. Not using an anonymous name, figure I don't have to. I live in Wisconsin, mom's side is rabid Packers, Dad's side is rabid Vikings. As a child I realized that well, even if the Packers were good, they still sucked.


Glad to see you posting. I'm always amazed at the amount of people that come here just to lurk and get Vikings information. It's even nicer when they delurk and join in the fun. Glad to have you here. Hopefully we will have some playoffs to discuss this year. Viking playoffs that is.

_________________
Mike

Image


Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
skett wrote:
Hi, I'm a long time lurker (from back in the Tark days on the newsgroup), posted on here a while back when we picked up Darren Bennet but mostly I've been coming here just to get a bit of detailed info on the Vikes. Here in Australia we don't get much NFL coverage, so you guys have been a source of much info the last couple of years. Cheers :govikes:


Welcom to the board Skett. I believe we have some other Australian members here. It's wild seeing all the Viking fans from around the world. The internet really has made it a small world afterall.

_________________
Mike

Image


Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Practice Squad

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:55 am
Posts: 26
Post 
Thanks Mike. Yep, the internet sure has made it easier to keep up with things. Used to be that all we could get is the Pre-season Athlon and weekly scores in the paper (sometimes), now we can actually see all the games that don't get broadcast here! :party:

Dunno if you know this, but we actually play football here! Its still a fringe sport but its popularity is picking up (especially with the increasing NFL/NCAA coverage we have access to).


Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:12 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post 
Hey gang, I'm Sam

Didn't spot this thread until I had made several posts....and since I'm only passing through this time, I'm saying hello and so long at the same time.

Been watching the Vikes since the early 70's cause I was attracted to the "Purple People Eaters" as a kid. I don't really get to follow the team but for an occasional newspaper as I live way out on the Navajo reservation without the benefit of electricity and such. When they play the Cards I can hear it on the radio in the truck pretty good.

Growing up in the Sierra Nevada the only teams close were Oakland and SF...and since I was already a Vikes fan by the time I started paying close attention I've never come close liking those teams.....for obivious reasons. :wink:

Anyhow, my mother is saddled with a pretty serious illness and so I've been here helping her get set for winter in the Sierra and surfing on her computer.

I've really enjoyed this particular community of fans and have had some good chuckles at the wit on display here...(Stadler and Waldorf most recently).

I feel good about this team and I know when teams around the league get prepared to face the Vikes they know they're in for a 60 minute brawl. They may be just a little ways off in a few critical areas....but I like the vibe about em.

So, as we're hanging out by the wood stove this winter wondering what might be going on out in the "world" and trying to keep the sheep all together...I'll think on you all from time to time and remeber the eagle from the muppet show(can't recall his name) when he would look at the other muppets and deadpan, "You're all weirdos". :wink:

Take care ....hope I get online this winter in Flagsatff,
Sam


P.S. the Vikes are 2-0 in 2006 when their fans Haiku the opposition.


Last edited by The Breeze on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:07 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:26 pm
Posts: 119
Location: dubuque, ia
Post introductions
hey guy's, just saying hi to everyone ( except samkon ) i think this is an awesome website. gotta check it out at least once a day. well i was born in '64 in Dubuque, Ia . this place is loaded with packer and "closet" bear fans. UGH! there also are a few die-hard , purple bleeding fanatics, like myself too. been a viking fan since 1st grade, at the ripe age of 6 , I believe. unlike samkon at 12 or 13. :lol: got tickets to the packer game on nov. 12. can't freakin' wait to see our "D" pound the piss out of favre. also taking my 3 teenage boy's . again hello everyone and GO VIKES, GO HAWKEYES!

_________________
"We can't win at home , we can't win on the road , and quite frankly , I don't know where else to play." John McKay


Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:05 pm
Profile
Bartender/Retired
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 9381
Location: Minnesota
Post 
Welcome to the board. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, dbqviking1.

Dubuque is a nice city. A couple of my sister's children went to college there a while back and I was very impressed with the college and city.

Have a great time with your kids at the Packer game. It's good to hear some Vikings fans will be there, at times it almost seemed as though the Packers had a home field advantage with the crowd. These days though I think more Vikings fans are hanging onto their tickets rather than ripping off the Pack fans. :)

Quote:
GO VIKES, GO HAWKEYES!


I agree on the Vikes. :wink:

John


Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:48 pm
Profile
Waterboy

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:22 pm
Posts: 7
Post 
Hello all!
Just joined this board and I love all the chat and info. Myself and 3 other friends have had Vikes season tickets for the past five years. We have a blast at the games and try to follow the purple to at least one away game every year. We will be in San Fran this year showing our purple pride and hopefully cheering our team to a victory. I look forward to talking with you all in the future! GO VIKES!


Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:03 pm
Profile
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
spparkgrls wrote:
Hello all!
Just joined this board and I love all the chat and info. Myself and 3 other friends have had Vikes season tickets for the past five years. We have a blast at the games and try to follow the purple to at least one away game every year. We will be in San Fran this year showing our purple pride and hopefully cheering our team to a victory. I look forward to talking with you all in the future! GO VIKES!


:welcome to the board. There are some other members here that are going to be at the SF game. Should be nice weather out there for the game. Be sure to let us know about your experience in the Bay area.

_________________
Mike

Image


Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
DELETED


Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:36 am
Bartender/Retired
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 9381
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Iowa Brady fans wrote:
John wrote:
There was a recent suggestion that we needed a place for new members to post an introduction and say hello. A good suggestion, and this is now the place. :)

John

I saw John at our Board,so thought I'd post here before the Pats game.Who knows I might hang around after,since I'm also a Vikes fan,being I'm from Minnesota.Besides a huge NFL fan,I'm also a avid hunter/fisherman from being brought up in Minnesota by outdoorsmen.I will be at the game Monday,and really looking forward to it.I think there could be as many as 40 of us Pats fans there from our group.


Welcome to our board! And I hope you do consider hanging around after this week, we talk about more than the Vikings here.

It should be a good game Monday night, and I'm sure there will be a decent group of Pats fans attending. The Monday night games usually draw a different crowd since some season ticket holders can't attend due to work and things. I know two of my tickets will be used by Pats fans who moved here from Boston three years ago.

John


Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:20 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:33 pm
Posts: 190
Location: Brandon MB
Post 
Hey Guy's this is a great site for Viking fans. I've been a Vikings fan for awhile . I grew up watching Cris Carter and Randy Moss which really got me into the Vikes. I live in Canada but the Vikes are my number #1 football team. Go Vikes


Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:29 pm
Profile
Bartender/Retired
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:15 pm
Posts: 9381
Location: Minnesota
Post 
Welcome aboard.

Please feel free to join the conversations that interest you and enjoy the board.

John


Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:40 pm
Profile
Post 
DELETED


Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:58 pm
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:03 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Post 
I go back almost 10 years with another board - actually a particular crowd that's moved from board to board a few times - but it's now pretty much taken over by two or three people who use it as a venue to insult everyone else, egged on by a couple of Packer fans who can't believe their luck.

Bleh.

Nice to have found a board where you can actually talk Vikings football. Looking forward to being active in the discussions here!

_________________
"Are we lost, Daddy?" I arsked tenderly.
"Shut up," he explained.
- The Young Immigrunts, by Ring Lardner


Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17454
Location: Crystal, MN
Post 
Lion Country Viking wrote:
I go back almost 10 years with another board - actually a particular crowd that's moved from board to board a few times - but it's now pretty much taken over by two or three people who use it as a venue to insult everyone else, egged on by a couple of Packer fans who can't believe their luck.

Bleh.

Nice to have found a board where you can actually talk Vikings football. Looking forward to being active in the discussions here!


Welcome. This board rules, all the others drool :)

I love this board, I get probably 95% of my Vikings news here. You'll have a great time!

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post 
Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.

Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:


Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:57 am
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:31 pm
Posts: 1022
Location: Bemidji, MN
Post 
Vikadontis wrote:
Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.


:welcome Hey Ryan, welcome aboard!

Vikadontis wrote:
Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:


Oh boy... :wink:

_________________
"The poster formerly known as LS1TA"


Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:58 pm
Profile
Starship Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:08 am
Posts: 11253
Location: Cestus III
Post 
Vikadontis wrote:
Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.

Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:


:welcome to the board. Good to have you here.

_________________
Mike

Image


Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6592
Post 
Sorry this is really late, but hi and i am a huge Vikings fan. I joined this board 3 months ago. I have liked the Vikings since i was 4 years old. I enjoy watching Randy Moss and Danute over the years. Now i like to watch Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Darren Shaper.
Once again i am sorry this is very late i should have done this 3 months ago! Sorry but i just wanted to post this anyway. :D

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:27 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.