Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6614
Page 9 of 13

Author:  MN Gods Country [ Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hey everyone,

I had to find myself in good company after what happened. It's hard to come across that unique Minnesota spirit once you leave the state so I'm going to have to use this site as the catalyst for what I miss from my hometown. Looking forward to posting with all of you.

-art

Author:  CrisCarterIsGod [ Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hey everyone. Found this site about halfway through the season and was a lurker till now. I was born and raised in Tucson, AZ and am as die hard a Viking fan as they come. I get a lot of flack from Cardinal fans since I was not born in Minnesota but wear my purple every chance I get. Just to set the record straight, the Cardinals are not Arizona's team and I would be surprised if 40% of the population in Arizona are Cardinal fans.

Anyway, I became a Viking fan when I was 9 years old. The Vikings had to travel out west to play the 49ers in 1988 when they lost to them in the playoffs. I don't know why, but the week leading up to the game the Vikes practiced at Arizona Stadium, Home of the Wildcats, and my pops took me to watch the practice. After the practice we waited outside the locker room exit in hopes of meeting some players as they left.

After about 15 minutes of waiting outside Wade Wilson came out and took the 3 kids waiting outside with their parents into the locker room. Since I was a fan of the Raiders at the time the only players I knew were Wade Wilson and Anthony Carter. I was awesome as I got to meet the whole team. I received signed footballs and jerseys that I unfortunately lost in a small house fire about 10 years ago. But that weekend I cheered for the Vikings as loud as I possibly could and even though they lost, I have not stopped cheering since that day.

Author:  BGM [ Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

That's awesome! Sorry you suffered the tragedy of losing that stuff in a house fire, though. Hope that was all that was lost.

GO VIKES!

Author:  TTJH [ Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hello everyone, I was born and raised in Minnesota and have been a Viking fan since the age of seven, meaning I've been a fan long enough to remember two of the Super Bowl losses and three major heartbreak losses in the playoffs in the last 35 years.

I joined a few weeks ago and since I'm a lite drinker, this is my first entrance into the Viking bar. :beerchug:

It seems like a great community of fans who have great football knowledge and can argue tactfully and respectfully if disagreements may crop up.

Author:  Hunter Morrow [ Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Yeah, this place is cool. No advertising spammers or people starting crap, and their are almost no raids from dickhead fans from other boards. Thats really nice to have at a sports board. Good to have you here!

Author:  idahovikefan7 [ Tue May 11, 2010 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hello all purple faithful

I'm new to the board, been a member of ppo or (purplepride.org) for a while now. I'm from Idaho obviously, but I have been a die hard viking fan since the day I was born back in 87'. I figured the more viking input the better, and this seems like a great board to discuss further viking topics.

The pops and I have made it a ritual to travel down to Minnesota each year and watch a couple games. Last year we made it to the niner game and packer monday nighter. What an amazing trip that was to say the least!

I do look forward to meeting other viking fans, and talking purple and gold!


Skol vikings!

Author:  Now its our time [ Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

idahovikefan7 wrote:
Hello all purple faithful

I'm new to the board, been a member of ppo or (purplepride.org) for a while now. I'm from Idaho obviously, but I have been a die hard viking fan since the day I was born back in 87'. I figured the more viking input the better, and this seems like a great board to discuss further viking topics.

The pops and I have made it a ritual to travel down to Minnesota each year and watch a couple games. Last year we made it to the niner game and packer monday nighter. What an amazing trip that was to say the least!

I do look forward to meeting other viking fans, and talking purple and gold!


Skol vikings!


:welcome Its nice to have new members...

Author:  Now its our time [ Tue May 11, 2010 9:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

That are not fans of other teams and try to rub stuff in on us

Author:  beardedterror [ Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hello all!

I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself. I'm Kevin, and I'm 21 years old. I've been a diehard vikings fan through the thick and thin for as long as I can remember. I'm currently living in Des Moines. I stumbled across the message boards in a drunken rage after our heartbreaking loss to NO in the NFCC game this year. Thankfully, I didn't post anything that night.

Skol Vikings!

Author:  dead_poet [ Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

beardedterror wrote:
Hello all!

I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself. I'm Kevin, and I'm 21 years old. I've been a diehard vikings fan through the thick and thin for as long as I can remember. I'm currently living in Des Moines. I stumbled across the message boards in a drunken rage after our heartbreaking loss to NO in the NFCC game this year. Thankfully, I didn't post anything that night.

Skol Vikings!


Welcome! Nice to see another Iowan on the boards. :rock: I was just in DSM this weekend.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

dead_poet wrote:
beardedterror wrote:
Hello all!

I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself. I'm Kevin, and I'm 21 years old. I've been a diehard vikings fan through the thick and thin for as long as I can remember. I'm currently living in Des Moines. I stumbled across the message boards in a drunken rage after our heartbreaking loss to NO in the NFCC game this year. Thankfully, I didn't post anything that night.

Skol Vikings!


Welcome! Nice to see another Iowan on the boards. :rock: I was just in DSM this weekend.



dead_poet is lucky that he has good posts, otherwise we would have bullied him out long ago. :mrgreen: :burp:

Author:  LCRon [ Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 am ]
Post subject:  New Guy

Hello all. New Guy. Been lurking on and off for years. I live near Mankato, remember meeting Joe Kapp when I visited training camp as a teen, did some running with Alan Page in the 70s, wife works at Minnesota State in Mankato, so I see as much of traing camp as I want to -- and I can tell you wher to park for free if you visit camp ;).

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Guy

LCRon wrote:
Hello all. New Guy. Been lurking on and off for years. I live near Mankato, remember meeting Joe Kapp when I visited training camp as a teen, did some running with Alan Page in the 70s, wife works at Minnesota State in Mankato, so I see as much of traing camp as I want to -- and I can tell you wher to park for free if you visit camp ;).


:welcome

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet setup there. I daresay some here may take you up on your offer. Heck, I just might. :govikes:

Author:  CBusVike [ Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

:govikes:
SKOL to all. CBusVike here. Been a fan since 1970. Yea, that makes me old as dirt. Thanks for letting me come aboard.
Some of my favorite Vikes...ALL OF THEM. CC and John Randle, Kevin Williams, Tark, Krause, Matt Blair....the list goes on.

Author:  Bronco [ Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

I worked and roamed the sidelines at the Old stadium as a teen and it was a great job. Both teams were on the same side in those days and gave me an opportunity to talk to players as they left the field. It was a great life for a young fan.

Moved to Montana at 17 and bet all my rent money on the Vikings on every Super Bowl. It broke me of gambling and I haven't lost a dime since.

I'm hoping that before I croak I can see them win it.

My next Hope is that a Montana boy Colt Anderson makes the team.
Practice squad last year and he had an INT in the St Louis game so off to a good start.

Go Vikes!

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Bronco wrote:
I worked and roamed the sidelines at the Old stadium as a teen and it was a great job. Both teams were on the same side in those days and gave me an opportunity to talk to players as they left the field. It was a great life for a young fan.

Moved to Montana at 17 and bet all my rent money on the Vikings on every Super Bowl. It broke me of gambling and I haven't lost a dime since.

I'm hoping that before I croak I can see them win it.

My next Hope is that a Montana boy Colt Anderson makes the team.
Practice squad last year and he had an INT in the St Louis game so off to a good start.

Go Vikes!


:welcome

I'm a Colt Anderson fan myself. He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time in Montana. Seems to have great work ethic, plays hard and was an asset on special teams. It's pretty tight race, though, and I have to say I very much doubt he lands a spot after the last round of cuts. There has been absolutely no buzz on him throughout camp/offseason unfortunately.

Author:  vikeinmontana [ Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Bronco wrote:
I worked and roamed the sidelines at the Old stadium as a teen and it was a great job. Both teams were on the same side in those days and gave me an opportunity to talk to players as they left the field. It was a great life for a young fan.

Moved to Montana at 17 and bet all my rent money on the Vikings on every Super Bowl. It broke me of gambling and I haven't lost a dime since.

I'm hoping that before I croak I can see them win it.

My next Hope is that a Montana boy Colt Anderson makes the team.
Practice squad last year and he had an INT in the St Louis game so off to a good start.

Go Vikes!


welcome to the board. I loved to bozeman from the cities nearly 20 years ago. i love my vikes and twins but i have a very healthy respect for the cat-griz rivalry. I have always liked colt going all the way back to his days at butte. despite being a griz when he landed on the vikes i was very excited. in fact, one of my first posts on this board was asking if anyone who may have attended training camp could tell me how he was playing. i've been looking for the same type of info this season! montana is very well represented on this board! :govikes:

Author:  Bronco [ Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

The only mention of Colt I could find was this story. I agree it will be an uphill battle but you never know.

---
Vikings notebook: So who looks good? Colt Anderson

By Shane Frederick, Mankato Free Press, August 6, 2010
http://mankatofreepress.com/sports/x124 ... ohn-Randle


Don’t tell Heath Farwell that special teams practices are boring.

The Vikings’ second special teams-only practice was held on Friday afternoon and most of the team’s big-name players were absent. But those “overlooked” sessions are when roster spots are won and lost, said Farwell, who went to the Pro Bowl as a specialist last year.

“A lot of guys are fighting for roster spots,” said Farwell, a linebacker. “People think that specials teams (practice) might not be very important, but it is.”

So who looks good?

“(2009 rookie free agent safety) Colt Anderson,” Farwell said. “You can’t block him. ... Then there’s the usual suspects like Husain Abdullah and Jasper Brinkley and some of the young guys like (seventh-round draft pick) Ryan D’Imperio.”

Author:  Bronco [ Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Colt is on the practice squad again.
I'm happy he's still apart of the team

Go Vikings

Author:  Noctis [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hi, new guy here. :)

I was born and raised in MN and have been a Vikings fan for about as long as I can remember. Although I've never even been to a game and lack the really neat stories some of you have with meeting players and such, I do consider myself a rabid fan.

Anyway, it's nice to be here. I come from a forum run by a certain local radio station that's kind of turned into a cesspool of late. Everyone here seems much more sane and civil by comparison. :)

Skål! :beerchug:

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Noctis wrote:
Hi, new guy here. :)

I was born and raised in MN and have been a Vikings fan for about as long as I can remember. Although I've never even been to a game and lack the really neat stories some of you have with meeting players and such, I do consider myself a rabid fan.

Anyway, it's nice to be here. I come from a forum run by a certain local radio station that's kind of turned into a cesspool of late. Everyone here seems much more sane and civil by comparison. :)

Skål! :beerchug:



Welcome!! Most of us are sane here :) You will like it here... lots of good knowledge!!

Author:  Noctis [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Welcome!! Most of us are sane here :) You will like it here... lots of good knowledge!!


Thank you. :)

Author:  beardedterror [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Noctis wrote:
Hi, new guy here. :)

I was born and raised in MN and have been a Vikings fan for about as long as I can remember. Although I've never even been to a game and lack the really neat stories some of you have with meeting players and such, I do consider myself a rabid fan.

Anyway, it's nice to be here. I come from a forum run by a certain local radio station that's kind of turned into a cesspool of late. Everyone here seems much more sane and civil by comparison. :)

Skål! :beerchug:

Welcome! I just went to my first vikings game last year, even though I've been a diehard fan since I was born. It's a great experience! I hope you enjoy it here! We're clearly got the most intelligent football fans on the internet here. :lol:

Author:  zamboni14 [ Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

well now that I've made a few posts, I should throw out my intro.

I've been a Vikings fan my whole life... or at least since I started actually knowing what the heck I was watching on Sunday's with my dad (early 80s.) My favorite players are almost always on the D-side of the ball (I always like being the guy to do the hitting.) Past favorites include; Joey Browner, Chris Doleman, John Randle, Scott Studwell, Jack Del Rio (one of the most under rated LB's,) etc. Actually the first "favorite" I've had on the offensive side of the ball is AP... but my wife wears the AP jersey while I'm sporting a Allen jersey. The one player I wish I could have seen in his prime is Alan Page.. I do own a vintage jersey of his that I wear from time to time. I've been alive to see some of the most heart breaking moments... Hershal Walker, losing to the 'Skins in the NFC championship game, drafting DJ Dozier.

A little about me... I'm a Packer fans worst nightmare. I grew up in MN but did move to Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin (40 miles from Green Bay) for 2 years. I had my own radio show, and I used it to bash the Packers whenever possible. While there, I learned some of their dirty secrets that they usually will kill people for finding out.. some how I managed to survive with only damage to my liver (I'll pick on them for almost anything... but when it comes to drinking... NOBODY can beat them.) The one really cool thing about having my own radio show and bashing the Packers every week... it got me on TV with Favre. Long story short... he called me at the radio station and we made a friendly bet, if the Packers beat the Vikes in MN... he would dump green and gold over me while I wear a Vikings outfit... if the Vikings won, I'd get to do the same to him during the taping of the Packer pre-game show with purple and yellow. Packers won, so later that week I got to meet Favre and we had a beer before taping began.

Other connections to "football" is that I went to 'Tonka when the Vikings mascot (Ragnar) was still just a parking lot attendant and selected to be the Vikings mascot. He busted me more then a few times leaving school grounds or coming late. I worked a couple years at the Bakers Square in EP where a lot of Vikings used to stop by for a quick bite to eat (cooked for Scott Studwell.. BTW- he has INSANE eyes!) Cool story with that was when I made dinner for Quadry Ishmail and his wife and said to the waitress "just as long as he doesn't drop the food like he does the ball," and when paying the bill he said to me "I didn't drop a thing!" Going back to radio... I've talked to Dennis Green and Cris Carter as well.

Now as you can see I have a Nebraska logo on my profile... I've never even been to Nebraska or even seen one of their games in person. BUT, growing up with a dad who was a Nebraska fan (he was born and lived most of his younger years there) it kind of rubs off from watching games with him on Saturdays.

Finally... I'm about as "average" of a football fan as you can get. My true sports passion is actually hockey (which explains my user name.) So if I say something about a play in football... try to remember that this is from "average joe" viewing and not knowing everything about the X's and O's of football. Oh and I found this site from doing a yahoo search a few weeks ago when I realized that I don't currently belong to a football message board (I belong to several hockey boards... and I use the same user name on those boards as this one.)

Thanks for letting me join!

(Side note... I tend to go on long rants at times if you didn't notice already.)

Author:  Greg [ Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Welcome aboard
(love your sig)

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Greg wrote:
(love your sig)



The avatar blows, though... :spanking:

Author:  zamboni14 [ Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Greg wrote:
(love your sig)



The avatar blows, though... :spanking:


and here I thought only the Univ of MN football team gets spanked :P

Author:  purplepower69 [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hello Everyone,

I've been a Vikes Fan since 1990, living in a small suburb of Philadelphia, surrounded by Eagles and Steelers Fans, When I first moved into my house, my first order of business was to hang my Vikings Flag outside, I didnt have anything moved out of the u-haul truck, but I had my flag up, I guess my neighbors didnt like my Purple flag flying amongst their eagles flag, I've been here for 4 years now and they havent spoken a word to me yet....


I'm glad I found this Board, it's good to be among friends! :v):

Author:  glg [ Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

purplepower69 wrote:
I'm glad I found this Board, it's good to be among friends! :v):


:welcome to the board!

Author:  TheYungViking [ Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Hi guys! I found this board like 2 years ago and I have always loved the educated opinions and nice community. Anyways, I joined up just so I could voice some of my opinions on matters, as well as having a community to talk with about Vikings Football!

I enjoy writing poetry, listening to the birds, taking long walks on the beach, and wha-wait what? Nah, but thanks for letting me be a part of the community :D :D :D

SKOL!

Page 9 of 13 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/