Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

ksvikinggirl11 wrote:Hey everyone!

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

-ksvikinggirl11 :)
All right, another fellow Kansan. Welcome to the board. Although it sounds like you've been here a while.

You're married to a Chief/Packer fan? That's rough. But then most of my family are Chief fans too, so I guess we learn to live with it.

You'll have to make it to KC next year. Vikes will be playing there and it should be a wild one.
Mike

BigMo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by BigMo »

First post - not really "new" to the board...I've been a lurker for a while. I read all I can about the Vikings (and you guys are the best!!).

I'm in Kansas (obviously - from my name - - which was selected before Pepper was traded....). I was born and raised here. I became a fan of the Vikings in the mid 1990's (it's a funny story - and I can say I was fan pre-Moss, though he was my first jersey).

I bleed purple - I'm also a HUGE Kansas State Wildcat Fan. I live and breathe football.

I'm married to a Chiefs/Packers fan. (Went to that Dec 03 game where we stomped the Chiefs....AWESOME!) Last year for the Monday night game he "surprised" me by showing up at the sports bar wearing a Favre jersey. He's lucky we have separate closets - there's no way I'm letting that thing near my Viking gear! (Actually, he's lucky I let it in the house!)

Anyway, I'm addicted to all things Vikings and I'm here all the time - though I may not post much. (I usually get a lot of flack for being a girl and try to talk football with the guys - oh, and they usually get mad when I beat them in Fantasy Football like I did last year....:wink:)

:welcome Image

BigMo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by BigMo »

:welcome
Formerly from Wichita!

vikings79
Franchise Player

Post by vikings79 »

Hello, all! I made my first two posts and then just found this thread. I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.

I live in Philly, but was born in Minneapolis. I've been a Vikings (and Twins) fan for as long as I can remember. I went to school at Wisconsin (go Badgers!) so I was surrounded by Packers fans for four years. Now I'm surrounded by Eagles fans. I honestly don't know which is worse.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

vikings79 wrote:Hello, all! I made my first two posts and then just found this thread. I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.

I live in Philly, but was born in Minneapolis. I've been a Vikings (and Twins) fan for as long as I can remember. I went to school at Wisconsin (go Badgers!) so I was surrounded by Packers fans for four years. Now I'm surrounded by Eagles fans. I honestly don't know which is worse.
:welcome to the board. Glad to have you here. Hopefully this will be a great season for the Vikes this year.

This place can sometimes be anything but sane. :D Although we try to keep it that way. I know what you mean about being surrounded by fans of other teams. It's nothing but Chief red here. But we do have a nice little following of Vikes fans.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

vikings79 wrote:I lurk on a couple Vikings message boards and this one seems to be the, er, sanest.

Scary...

JK

Welcome!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
McDLT
Practice Squad

Post by McDLT »

Hi!

I guess I'm not technically new, I signed up for this site early on after good ole' "TARK" aka Terry Zinc ruined the Vikings newsgroup. I guess they must have purged inactive members or something because I had to re-register. Anyhoo, the newsgroup has mostly dried up so this looks to be my new home for Vikings chat...
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

McDLT wrote:Hi!

I guess I'm not technically new, I signed up for this site early on after good ole' "TARK" aka Terry Zinc ruined the Vikings newsgroup. I guess they must have purged inactive members or something because I had to re-register. Anyhoo, the newsgroup has mostly dried up so this looks to be my new home for Vikings chat...
Welcome back. :thumbsup:

We recently deleted a lot of registered members who were inactive for about a year.

John
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I've been a member since August, but have only been posting for about , didn't post much, but have been reading it for about a year and a half. Seriously deep "Special Forces" like lurking going on here. Been really posting heavily(at least for me when it comes to board activity) for about 3 weeks. Not using an anonymous name, figure I don't have to. I live in Wisconsin, mom's side is rabid Packers, Dad's side is rabid Vikings. As a child I realized that well, even if the Packers were good, they still sucked.
skett
Practice Squad

Post by skett »

Hi, I'm a long time lurker (from back in the Tark days on the newsgroup), posted on here a while back when we picked up Darren Bennet but mostly I've been coming here just to get a bit of detailed info on the Vikes. Here in Australia we don't get much NFL coverage, so you guys have been a source of much info the last couple of years. Cheers :govikes:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

McDLT wrote:Hi!

I knew I recognized the name when the activation went through. Welcome back. As John mentioned, we did a little house cleaning a while back. Glad to have you again.
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Hunter Morrow wrote:I've been a member since August, but have only been posting for about , didn't post much, but have been reading it for about a year and a half. Seriously deep "Special Forces" like lurking going on here. Been really posting heavily(at least for me when it comes to board activity) for about 3 weeks. Not using an anonymous name, figure I don't have to. I live in Wisconsin, mom's side is rabid Packers, Dad's side is rabid Vikings. As a child I realized that well, even if the Packers were good, they still sucked.
Glad to see you posting. I'm always amazed at the amount of people that come here just to lurk and get Vikings information. It's even nicer when they delurk and join in the fun. Glad to have you here. Hopefully we will have some playoffs to discuss this year. Viking playoffs that is.
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

skett wrote:Hi, I'm a long time lurker (from back in the Tark days on the newsgroup), posted on here a while back when we picked up Darren Bennet but mostly I've been coming here just to get a bit of detailed info on the Vikes. Here in Australia we don't get much NFL coverage, so you guys have been a source of much info the last couple of years. Cheers :govikes:
Welcom to the board Skett. I believe we have some other Australian members here. It's wild seeing all the Viking fans from around the world. The internet really has made it a small world afterall.
Mike

skett
Practice Squad

Post by skett »

Thanks Mike. Yep, the internet sure has made it easier to keep up with things. Used to be that all we could get is the Pre-season Athlon and weekly scores in the paper (sometimes), now we can actually see all the games that don't get broadcast here! :party:

Dunno if you know this, but we actually play football here! Its still a fringe sport but its popularity is picking up (especially with the increasing NFL/NCAA coverage we have access to).
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Hey gang, I'm Sam

Didn't spot this thread until I had made several posts....and since I'm only passing through this time, I'm saying hello and so long at the same time.

Been watching the Vikes since the early 70's cause I was attracted to the "Purple People Eaters" as a kid. I don't really get to follow the team but for an occasional newspaper as I live way out on the Navajo reservation without the benefit of electricity and such. When they play the Cards I can hear it on the radio in the truck pretty good.

Growing up in the Sierra Nevada the only teams close were Oakland and SF...and since I was already a Vikes fan by the time I started paying close attention I've never come close liking those teams.....for obivious reasons. :wink:

Anyhow, my mother is saddled with a pretty serious illness and so I've been here helping her get set for winter in the Sierra and surfing on her computer.

I've really enjoyed this particular community of fans and have had some good chuckles at the wit on display here...(Stadler and Waldorf most recently).

I feel good about this team and I know when teams around the league get prepared to face the Vikes they know they're in for a 60 minute brawl. They may be just a little ways off in a few critical areas....but I like the vibe about em.

So, as we're hanging out by the wood stove this winter wondering what might be going on out in the "world" and trying to keep the sheep all together...I'll think on you all from time to time and remeber the eagle from the muppet show(can't recall his name) when he would look at the other muppets and deadpan, "You're all weirdos". :wink:

Take care ....hope I get online this winter in Flagsatff,
Sam

P.S. the Vikes are 2-0 in 2006 when their fans Haiku the opposition.
Last edited by The Breeze on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.