Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

dbqviking1
Starter

introductions

Post by dbqviking1 »

hey guy's, just saying hi to everyone ( except samkon ) i think this is an awesome website. gotta check it out at least once a day. well i was born in '64 in Dubuque, Ia . this place is loaded with packer and "closet" bear fans. UGH! there also are a few die-hard , purple bleeding fanatics, like myself too. been a viking fan since 1st grade, at the ripe age of 6 , I believe. unlike samkon at 12 or 13. :lol: got tickets to the packer game on nov. 12. can't freakin' wait to see our "D" pound the piss out of favre. also taking my 3 teenage boy's . again hello everyone and GO VIKES, GO HAWKEYES!
"We can't win at home , we can't win on the road , and quite frankly , I don't know where else to play." John McKay
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome to the board. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, dbqviking1.

Dubuque is a nice city. A couple of my sister's children went to college there a while back and I was very impressed with the college and city.

Have a great time with your kids at the Packer game. It's good to hear some Vikings fans will be there, at times it almost seemed as though the Packers had a home field advantage with the crowd. These days though I think more Vikings fans are hanging onto their tickets rather than ripping off the Pack fans. :)
GO VIKES, GO HAWKEYES!
I agree on the Vikes. :wink:

John
spparkgrls
Waterboy

Post by spparkgrls »

Hello all!
Just joined this board and I love all the chat and info. Myself and 3 other friends have had Vikes season tickets for the past five years. We have a blast at the games and try to follow the purple to at least one away game every year. We will be in San Fran this year showing our purple pride and hopefully cheering our team to a victory. I look forward to talking with you all in the future! GO VIKES!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

spparkgrls wrote:Hello all!
Just joined this board and I love all the chat and info. Myself and 3 other friends have had Vikes season tickets for the past five years. We have a blast at the games and try to follow the purple to at least one away game every year. We will be in San Fran this year showing our purple pride and hopefully cheering our team to a victory. I look forward to talking with you all in the future! GO VIKES!
:welcome to the board. There are some other members here that are going to be at the SF game. Should be nice weather out there for the game. Be sure to let us know about your experience in the Bay area.
Mike

DELETED

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
John
Bartender/Retired

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by John »

Iowa Brady fans wrote: I saw John at our Board,so thought I'd post here before the Pats game.Who knows I might hang around after,since I'm also a Vikes fan,being I'm from Minnesota.Besides a huge NFL fan,I'm also a avid hunter/fisherman from being brought up in Minnesota by outdoorsmen.I will be at the game Monday,and really looking forward to it.I think there could be as many as 40 of us Pats fans there from our group.
Welcome to our board! And I hope you do consider hanging around after this week, we talk about more than the Vikings here.

It should be a good game Monday night, and I'm sure there will be a decent group of Pats fans attending. The Monday night games usually draw a different crowd since some season ticket holders can't attend due to work and things. I know two of my tickets will be used by Pats fans who moved here from Boston three years ago.

John
Plainsmen_2
Starter

Post by Plainsmen_2 »

Hey Guy's this is a great site for Viking fans. I've been a Vikings fan for awhile . I grew up watching Cris Carter and Randy Moss which really got me into the Vikes. I live in Canada but the Vikes are my number #1 football team. Go Vikes
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome aboard.

Please feel free to join the conversations that interest you and enjoy the board.

John
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lion Country Viking
Rookie

Post by Lion Country Viking »

I go back almost 10 years with another board - actually a particular crowd that's moved from board to board a few times - but it's now pretty much taken over by two or three people who use it as a venue to insult everyone else, egged on by a couple of Packer fans who can't believe their luck.

Bleh.

Nice to have found a board where you can actually talk Vikings football. Looking forward to being active in the discussions here!
"Are we lost, Daddy?" I arsked tenderly.
"Shut up," he explained.
- The Young Immigrunts, by Ring Lardner
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Lion Country Viking wrote:I go back almost 10 years with another board - actually a particular crowd that's moved from board to board a few times - but it's now pretty much taken over by two or three people who use it as a venue to insult everyone else, egged on by a couple of Packer fans who can't believe their luck.

Bleh.

Nice to have found a board where you can actually talk Vikings football. Looking forward to being active in the discussions here!
Welcome. This board rules, all the others drool :)

I love this board, I get probably 95% of my Vikings news here. You'll have a great time!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Vikadontis

Post by Vikadontis »

Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.

Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:
Winston
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Winston »

Vikadontis wrote:Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.
:welcome Hey Ryan, welcome aboard!
Vikadontis wrote:Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:
Oh boy... :wink:
"The poster formerly known as LS1TA"
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Vikadontis wrote:Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been a Vikings fan since is was a kid, probably a couple decades now. I've been browsing this site for a few months now and finally decided to join up.

Heres to some heated discussions in the future. :beerchug:
:welcome to the board. Good to have you here.
Mike

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Sorry this is really late, but hi and i am a huge Vikings fan. I joined this board 3 months ago. I have liked the Vikings since i was 4 years old. I enjoy watching Randy Moss and Danute over the years. Now i like to watch Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, and Darren Shaper.
Once again i am sorry this is very late i should have done this 3 months ago! Sorry but i just wanted to post this anyway. :D
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.