View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Introductions - if you're new, say hello here 
Bartender/Retired

Post Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
There was a recent suggestion that we needed a place for new members to post an introduction and say hello. A good suggestion, and this is now the place. :)

John

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:16 pm
Career Elite Player

What a privilege, nay, HONOR to be the first person to post an introduction in the official "Intoduction" thread!!!

Just amazing!!

Anyhoo, my name is Christian, i'm 23, live in Burnsville, work in Bloomington. I've only been in the Cities for 1 year. I moved up here after living in Austin, MN for a vast majority of my life. I worked at KAAL TV for about 5 years before getting canned. I got to see the vikings play the niners several years ago from the sidelines with my press pass! Totally awesome!! You dont know loud until you're down on the field during a game!! Holy Crap!!!! I got to see my (at the time) hero, John Randle make his first (and only) interception. I wasn't a REAL big vikings fan until this year. Somthing clicked in me and now i'm as diehard as they come. My father is a hardcore fan. I learned most of my vocabulary during those late-80's early-mid 90's sundays!!!

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be here, you all seem like a bunch of knowlegeable rubes (ok, i listen to the fan... can you blame me?) and i hope to learn as well as teach!!

GO PURPLE!!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bartender/Retired

Welcome to the board Swaps, and thanks for taking the time to stop here and say hello.

You're now in the midst of one of the largest groups of hardcore Vikings fans online. In other words, you're among friends. :wink:

John

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:18 pm
Starship Commander

What a privilege, nay, HONOR to be the first person to post an introduction in the official "Intoduction" thread!!!

:welcome to the board!

Swaps wrote:
I got to see my (at the time) hero, John Randle make his first (and only) interception.

You lucky Dog you. Johnny is one of my favorite Vikings and it would have been fantastic to see that from the sidelines.

Swaps wrote:
Anyhoo, I'm glad to be here, you all seem like a bunch of knowlegeable rubes (ok, i listen to the fan... can you blame me?) and i hope to learn as well as teach!!

Glad to have you here Bro. Hope you enjoy the stay and the upcoming season!

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

Well, if i like the next season as much as i've liked the offseason...

I'm sure we'll ALL be happy.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starship Commander

Well, if i like the next season as much as i've liked the offseason...

I'm sure we'll ALL be happy.

Isn't that the truth. This has been one of the best off-seasons for the Vikings that I can remember. There has been signings or new owners or something going on constantly. I'm hoping the regular season is also one of the best we've had for a while.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Post hello
Hi,just saying hello to everybody, hope your all doin well,glad to be aboard the board,I'm Steve from west coast of Scotland,UK coming over in Dec to visit Minnesota and go to the 2 home games,don't need to say I'm really really looking forward to it,That'll be my first time in the US so set the beers up there's gonna be a mini Scot invasion :D

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:00 am
Career Elite Player

I would love to take a trip to the UK. A good friend of mine was stationed at a USAF base in England. Lakenheath I believe. He had a pretty good time, but he complained about the rain a lot.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hi to all. While I'm not a Vikings fan (true to my Cowboys), I am on the edge of Vikings country and a die hard Twins fan, so hopefully that'll lead to some discussion.

I'll pop in here from time to time, but if any of you want to come over to cowboyscentral.com and talk shop we'd be happy to have you there as well. 8)

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:00 am
Starship Commander

Hi to all. While I'm not a Vikings fan (true to my Cowboys), I am on the edge of Vikings country and a die hard Twins fan, so hopefully that'll lead to some discussion.

I'll pop in here from time to time, but if any of you want to come over to cowboyscentral.com and talk shop we'd be happy to have you there as well. 8)

:welcome to the board my man. I may indeed drop over as I try and keep tabs on our own Terrence Newman as much as possible. The Boys should have an improved D this year too.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

As long as you apologize for Hershel Walker... :wink:

Welcome.

josh

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bartender/Retired

Post Re: hello
Macvike wrote:
Hi,just saying hello to everybody, hope your all doin well,glad to be aboard the board,I'm Steve from west coast of Scotland,UK coming over in Dec to visit Minnesota and go to the 2 home games,don't need to say I'm really really looking forward to it,That'll be my first time in the US so set the beers up there's gonna be a mini Scot invasion :D

Welcome to the board! It's great to hear from Vikings fans outside the U.S. and you're brave to visit Minnesota in December... the beer will help. :) I hope you'll join all the discussions here that interest you, and, if nothing else, I'd love to hear a report on your visit later this year.

John

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:16 pm
Starship Commander

Post Re: hello
Macvike wrote:

Hello Macvike. Good to have you here. We have several other fans from across the ocean that should be close by you. If you are going to a December game, then one of them may be the Steelers game. We'll be there. Hope you have a great time while over here too.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Thanks all for the warm welcome,Minnesota in December can't be any worse than where we come from(unfortunately) yep it rains almost every day.We'll be going to the St louis game and the Steelers and whatever else I can manage to get to(wife permitting) :wink: December can't come quick enough,I have to content myself with old dvd's etc ,thanks again,

GO VIKES

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:50 pm
Rookie

I've been a Viking fan since 1969.My folks are from the Richfield/Bloomington area ,and all of my relatives are still there.Me,I'm in the heart of Jaguar country,(thanks to Dad's time in Uncle Sam's airborne yacht club) and showing Purple Pride daily.My other interests are drag racing,and older Chrysler muscle cars

This is one of the most informative boards I've been on,and you folks have got it going on.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:47 pm
Bartender/Retired

I hope you'll feel free to join any/all the conversations on the board. If you have any questions just ask and we'll help you out.

John

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:02 pm
Starship Commander

I've been a Viking fan since 1969.My folks are from the Richfield/Bloomington area ,and all of my relatives are still there.Me,I'm in the heart of Jaguar country,(thanks to Dad's time in Uncle Sam's airborne yacht club) and showing Purple Pride daily.My other interests are drag racing,and older Chrysler muscle cars

This is one of the most informative boards I've been on,and you folks have got it going on.

Good to have you here Chris. Do you get many of the Vikes games down there with the Jags being the local team? We usually have to battle the Chiefs, Cowboys, or Rams for air time here, so I end up going to the sports bar.

How old of Chrysler are we talking here? I used to love the old Super Bee's.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Belive it or not,we do get a few good games,usually if the Vikings are playing a southern team. The Jags are always on a local channel,unless it's blacked out,which happened quite a bit last season.

How old of a muscle car?? I have a 70 Road Runner and a 71 Dodge Demon that I drag race.That's where my head is at.

Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 am
Starship Commander

How old of a muscle car?? I have a 70 Road Runner and a 71 Dodge Demon that I drag race.That's where my head is at.

That's about right. I graduated high school in 71!

Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bartender/Retired

My older brother had a Super Bee 6 pack (Dodge, Plymouth?) I wasn't into those cars. But he tinkered with it for months and it was no longer street legal - he sold it to a drag racing team and drove it once. I think he said it was near 500 HP when he was done but he couldn't afford to keep it. He has always been into drag racing.

John

Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:59 pm
Career Elite Player

I've got a '75 vette with a '396 big block sitting in my garage right now!

Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starship Commander

I've got a '75 vette with a '396 big block sitting in my garage right now!

I'm drooling on my keyboard, dude. :bowdown:

Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

half the engine is tore apart. :( I havn't drivin it since May I believe. :(

BUT SOON!!!!

There is a car show in a couple weeks. Hopfully my roommate and I will get it running by then. He got his '68 Chevelle running last week. He built and dropped a 496ci Big Block into that. Pushing 680HP!!! HOLY CRAP! And that is BEFORE his nitrous bottles!! (he drag races... I cruise... BIG difference) I should have only about 350-375hp, once its running agian.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rookie

The Road Runner is all apart as it's getting new paint. My Dad bought it brand new after a tour in 'Nam,and he's been after me to "git it done".The Demon we saved from the crusher,and put in a 383 big block.It's a mild pump gas engine,but the car runs 11.60's all day in the Florida heat.It's a drag race only ride.

I'm mainly into Mopar,but in reality I like all cars.If it catches my eye,then I'm into it.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:16 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post just joined
Hey, my name is Jon and I just joined the board. Looks good so far. Here is a little about myself: I am 34, live in South St Paul with my wife and 2-1/2 year old twin girls. I grew up in Bloomington and went to Jefferson. Went to School with a few old Viking's kids such as Bill Brown and Jim Marshall. Well that's about all for now, look forward to talking purple.

Have a good one - Jon

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:17 am
Profile YIM
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: just joined
Welcome aboard, Jon!

Jim

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 am
Starship Commander

Post Re: just joined
viking_guy wrote:
Hey, my name is Jon and I just joined the board. Looks good so far. Here is a little about myself: I am 34, live in South St Paul with my wife and 2-1/2 year old twin girls. I grew up in Bloomington and went to Jefferson. Went to School with a few old Viking's kids such as Bill Brown and Jim Marshall. Well that's about all for now, look forward to talking purple.

Have a good one - Jon

:welcome to the board Jon. Glad to have you here and look forward to some good football this year.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Career Elite Player

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:47 pm
Im new. I was welcomed by kansas Viking already.

I gotta uncle that is die hard viking and raider fan. He's got a Culpepper and Randy Moss jersey both signed and framed and numbered from their rookie years(i'll see i if can get those pictures scanned and i'll show you guys) He's got just about everything that a fan can possibly collect and own. I'll see if i can get him to sign up here.

Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next