Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

cbrennan wrote:Im new. I was welcomed by kansas Viking already.

I gotta uncle that is die hard viking and raider fan. He's got a Culpepper and Randy Moss jersey both signed and framed and numbered from their rookie years(i'll see i if can get those pictures scanned and i'll show you guys) He's got just about everything that a fan can possibly collect and own. I'll see if i can get him to sign up here.

Welcome! Those jerseys sound cool. I was always impressed with framed jerseys, but never had the $$ to get one.

Josh
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
JohnRandle4life

Post by JohnRandle4life »

New here. Vike fan since 1998 (don't worry, I didn't jump on the bandwagon at all). Really thought they would have won it that year but oh well.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

JohnRandle4life wrote:New here. Vike fan since 1998 (don't worry, I didn't jump on the bandwagon at all). Really thought they would have won it that year but oh well.
:welcome to the board. Johnny was my favorite player and I have worn out at least one jersey and have started on another one.

Hope you enjoy your stay here Bro.
Mike

Vikingsfantopeka

Post by Vikingsfantopeka »

Hi I'm, new here too. Former MN native, transplanted in ks....I would like to meet others fans here in ks, maybe set up a time to watch a game?
Big news, Our son will be the big 3 on DEC 5!!!!! :lol:
doa2k
Veteran

Post by doa2k »

First Post!

Viking fan here since the Purple People Eater days, from Southern CT.

There used to be a Southern CT chapter of Viking fans that met at Rip Van Winkle lanes in Norwalk CT, about 10 years ago. I wonder if any of those guys are around...

Either way, Go V! Lets go 3-1 for the last 4 and hopefully lock up a playoff spot and/or knock off da bears!
GO V!
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Hey Vikingsfantopeka & doa2k! Welcome to the board. :welcome :govikes:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

doa2k wrote:First Post!

There used to be a Southern CT chapter of Viking fans that met at Rip Van Winkle lanes in Norwalk CT, about 10 years ago. I wonder if any of those guys are around...

Either way, Go V! Lets go 3-1 for the last 4 and hopefully lock up a playoff spot and/or knock off da bears!
:welcome to the board. Don't know if there are any other CT Viking fans here, but it's sure a possibility. Vikes are on a roll and the last 4 games should be a wild ride.
Mike

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

For those who don't know me (I'm a sporadic poster due to my busy/hectic life), I'm from Ohio (have lived in SC and CT). I've been a dedicated Vikes fan since 1974. I've been back in Ohio since 2000.

I met most of the folks here in ASFMV back in 1995 and joined this message board a couple of years ago.

I became a Vikes fan at the age of 7 mostly due to the fact that my Dad was a Vikes fan and my favorite color is purple (not to mention they were good back then). I have lived and died with this time for 31+ seasons now.

I have subscribed to the NFL Sunday Ticket since 1996 and don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm grateful for the Internet, where I have the chance to discuss my beloved team with other die hard fans.

Take care, all!
Tammy
mdatek
Transition Player

Post by mdatek »

doa2k wrote:First Post!

Hey! Welcome. I'm in Danbury. Good to hear from another CTer. Last I knew, that Vikings group was still active at Rip, but that was 2-3 years ago.
Mike in CT
Go Tigers!
I reject your reality and substitue my own.
Anatomy: something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.-Bruce Raeburn
SRV's whole purpose of existence was so that God himself could play the guitar through him-Anon.
Vikesfan73
Rookie
Location: Everett, WA.... (Originally from Crystal/New Hope/Cokato/Bloomington)

Post by Vikesfan73 »

SKOL!

I have not posted much on the boards here, have been a sporadic poster on the alt.mn.vikings over the last 5 or 6 years during the season. I'm in the Navy (13 years) and currently stationed in Millington, TN. Originally from Crystal/New Hope areas, also lived in many other areas in MN (Cokato, St. Francis, Lakeville, BP, BC.. when I was 6-7 I lived across the street from Winter Park, which is now some businesses there. Have many signatures from 78-80 Vikings.). Have been stationed in San Diego, Chicago, and TN.

Mike
Chris2421
Rookie

Post by Chris2421 »

Thank You for "wearing the uniform"!! My Dad is a retired ADCS-24 yrs,did a tour in 'Nam, always an "airdale".We spent most of our Navy life on the east coast....Pax River MD,NorfolkVA,BeevilleTX,Milton FL
DELETED

Introduction

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome to the board.

Everyone starts out as a "waterboy". That's a software thing that will change. :)

Please feel free to jump into the conversations here. We argue and disagree often, but you've found a bunch of online Vikings fans.

John
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Quarterbacks are a pretty hot topic here at the moment and we have people on every possible side of that debate it seems. To be honest, we have people on every possible side of every topic that comes up. :)

John