Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by dead_poet »

LondonViking wrote:I have read the forum for a while now and thought it would be time to actually join up.

So here it goes. Hello from the UK my name is Sean.

Started watching football when I was younger 10 years plus ago but didn't have a team back then. Started to watch more and more and found that I started to follow the Vikings. Realized this when I started getting really peed off when we lost or played poorly.

Go to the International Series games every year at my home town Wembley and I really want to come over and see the Vikes at home one day.

I look forward to speaking to you all.

Skol.
Welcome to the board, Sean. :govikes: :welcome :govikes:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

LondonViking wrote:I have read the forum for a while now and thought it would be time to actually join up.

So here it goes. Hello from the UK my name is Sean.

Started watching football when I was younger 10 years plus ago but didn't have a team back then. Started to watch more and more and found that I started to follow the Vikings. Realized this when I started getting really peed off when we lost or played poorly.

Go to the International Series games every year at my home town Wembley and I really want to come over and see the Vikes at home one day.

I look forward to speaking to you all.

Skol.
Welcome Sean. I hope you enjoy posting on this board. I think you will find that this community is very passionate and one of the best (if not the best) internet message boards dedicated to an NFL team.

Skol.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Mundzo wrote:Hey guys, newbie hanging around.

Based in Sydney AUS and need a place to talk Vikes. Most NFL fans over here are bandwagon supporters. Which means heaps of Giants, Pats & Niners.

I'll actually be coming across for the Vikes v Pack in Green Bay. Would love to tailgate, hit the beers and see it with other Vikes fans.

Cheers.
Dang son, I lived in Melbourne and then moved to Hobart prior to moving to Florida. Really miss Australia.
Glad to hear and will definitely be looking for ya
Xivios
Practice Squad

Post by Xivios »

Hi there,

Vikings-Fans do live all over the world. I am from Germany and became a Football and Vikings-Fan 1998 (! :wallbang: )
Till 2006 I wasn't able to watch or read anything about the Vikings but the results. Since then I've watched every single game.

I have visited vikingsmessageboard enjoyed reading and change now to an active member.

I used to be an active player and played last in 2010.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Hello everyone

Long time reader first time posting

I hope to be active and having wonderful discussions

Thank you
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FullWood wrote:Hello everyone

Long time reader first time posting

I hope to be active and having wonderful discussions

Thank you
Welcome!

...your username is disconcerting and it makes me wonder how you spend your time on the Internets. I'm going to assume you're a lumberjack by trade. Or a beaver.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Welcome!

...your username is disconcerting and it makes me wonder how you spend your time on the Internets. I'm going to assume you're a lumberjack by trade. Or a beaver.
Or a termite...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm just anxious to see his avatar choice...
esox07
Practice Squad

Post by esox07 »

New guy here. Been poking around and made a couple posts already. I was wondering if any one here is also a member of the Yahoo Groups Vikings list?
Transplant stuck in the middle of enemy territory!
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Yggdrasil
Waterboy

Post by Yggdrasil »

Hi to you all from the UK.
Name's Shaun.
First saw the Vikings on 20th. November 1983.
A weekly sports TV show broadcast an NFL game and I watched Minnesota beat Pittsburgh 17-14.
I've always played sports, through school and college, mainly soccer and rugby, but, from that moment I became a Vikings fan and, for over 30 years and from over 3000 miles away, have shared the good and bad times with you all (mainly bad), although coverage over here isn't great.
With half an hour to game time, I just hope this year we can discard the "nearly men" tag and make San Francisco in February.
Not the greatest of nights so far, with Carolina losing in Atlanta and Seattle beaten at home, but at least the Pack were well and truly whupped, just as I hope they will be next week.
SKOL.
Great to meet you all
Let's make 2016 a Purple New Year.

:govikes:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Yggdrasil wrote:Hi to you all from the UK.
Name's Shaun.
First saw the Vikings on 20th. November 1983.
A weekly sports TV show broadcast an NFL game and I watched Minnesota beat Pittsburgh 17-14.
I've always played sports, through school and college, mainly soccer and rugby, but, from that moment I became a Vikings fan and, for over 30 years and from over 3000 miles away, have shared the good and bad times with you all (mainly bad), although coverage over here isn't great.
With half an hour to game time, I just hope this year we can discard the "nearly men" tag and make San Francisco in February.
Not the greatest of nights so far, with Carolina losing in Atlanta and Seattle beaten at home, but at least the Pack were well and truly whupped, just as I hope they will be next week.
SKOL.
Great to meet you all
Let's make 2016 a Purple New Year.

:govikes:
Welcome! Nice to hear your perspective!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Nunin wrote:Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!
Lol, well whatever reason you need to join, welcome to the board!