Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

MN Gods Country
Practice Squad

Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Post by MN Gods Country »

Hey everyone,

I had to find myself in good company after what happened. It's hard to come across that unique Minnesota spirit once you leave the state so I'm going to have to use this site as the catalyst for what I miss from my hometown. Looking forward to posting with all of you.

-art
This is Gods country, "Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average”
CrisCarterIsGod
Waterboy

Post by CrisCarterIsGod »

Hey everyone. Found this site about halfway through the season and was a lurker till now. I was born and raised in Tucson, AZ and am as die hard a Viking fan as they come. I get a lot of flack from Cardinal fans since I was not born in Minnesota but wear my purple every chance I get. Just to set the record straight, the Cardinals are not Arizona's team and I would be surprised if 40% of the population in Arizona are Cardinal fans.

Anyway, I became a Viking fan when I was 9 years old. The Vikings had to travel out west to play the 49ers in 1988 when they lost to them in the playoffs. I don't know why, but the week leading up to the game the Vikes practiced at Arizona Stadium, Home of the Wildcats, and my pops took me to watch the practice. After the practice we waited outside the locker room exit in hopes of meeting some players as they left.

After about 15 minutes of waiting outside Wade Wilson came out and took the 3 kids waiting outside with their parents into the locker room. Since I was a fan of the Raiders at the time the only players I knew were Wade Wilson and Anthony Carter. I was awesome as I got to meet the whole team. I received signed footballs and jerseys that I unfortunately lost in a small house fire about 10 years ago. But that weekend I cheered for the Vikings as loud as I possibly could and even though they lost, I have not stopped cheering since that day.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

That's awesome! Sorry you suffered the tragedy of losing that stuff in a house fire, though. Hope that was all that was lost.

GO VIKES!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
TTJH
Backup

Post by TTJH »

Hello everyone, I was born and raised in Minnesota and have been a Viking fan since the age of seven, meaning I've been a fan long enough to remember two of the Super Bowl losses and three major heartbreak losses in the playoffs in the last 35 years.

I joined a few weeks ago and since I'm a lite drinker, this is my first entrance into the Viking bar. :beerchug:

It seems like a great community of fans who have great football knowledge and can argue tactfully and respectfully if disagreements may crop up.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Yeah, this place is cool. No advertising spammers or people starting crap, and their are almost no raids from dickhead fans from other boards. Thats really nice to have at a sports board. Good to have you here!
idahovikefan7
Waterboy

Post by idahovikefan7 »

Hello all purple faithful

I'm new to the board, been a member of ppo or (purplepride.org) for a while now. I'm from Idaho obviously, but I have been a die hard viking fan since the day I was born back in 87'. I figured the more viking input the better, and this seems like a great board to discuss further viking topics.

The pops and I have made it a ritual to travel down to Minnesota each year and watch a couple games. Last year we made it to the niner game and packer monday nighter. What an amazing trip that was to say the least!

I do look forward to meeting other viking fans, and talking purple and gold!

Skol vikings!
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

idahovikefan7 wrote:Hello all purple faithful

I'm new to the board, been a member of ppo or (purplepride.org) for a while now. I'm from Idaho obviously, but I have been a die hard viking fan since the day I was born back in 87'. I figured the more viking input the better, and this seems like a great board to discuss further viking topics.

The pops and I have made it a ritual to travel down to Minnesota each year and watch a couple games. Last year we made it to the niner game and packer monday nighter. What an amazing trip that was to say the least!

I do look forward to meeting other viking fans, and talking purple and gold!

Skol vikings!
:welcome Its nice to have new members...
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
Now its our time
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Now its our time »

That are not fans of other teams and try to rub stuff in on us
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer
beardedterror
All Pro Elite Player

Post by beardedterror »

Hello all!

I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself. I'm Kevin, and I'm 21 years old. I've been a diehard vikings fan through the thick and thin for as long as I can remember. I'm currently living in Des Moines. I stumbled across the message boards in a drunken rage after our heartbreaking loss to NO in the NFCC game this year. Thankfully, I didn't post anything that night.

Skol Vikings!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

beardedterror wrote:Hello all!

I just realized that I've never formally introduced myself. I'm Kevin, and I'm 21 years old. I've been a diehard vikings fan through the thick and thin for as long as I can remember. I'm currently living in Des Moines. I stumbled across the message boards in a drunken rage after our heartbreaking loss to NO in the NFCC game this year. Thankfully, I didn't post anything that night.

Skol Vikings!
Welcome! Nice to see another Iowan on the boards. :rock: I was just in DSM this weekend.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Welcome! Nice to see another Iowan on the boards. :rock: I was just in DSM this weekend.

dead_poet is lucky that he has good posts, otherwise we would have bullied him out long ago. :mrgreen: :burp:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
LCRon
Starter

New Guy

Post by LCRon »

Hello all. New Guy. Been lurking on and off for years. I live near Mankato, remember meeting Joe Kapp when I visited training camp as a teen, did some running with Alan Page in the 70s, wife works at Minnesota State in Mankato, so I see as much of traing camp as I want to -- and I can tell you wher to park for free if you visit camp ;).
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: New Guy

Post by dead_poet »

LCRon wrote:Hello all. New Guy. Been lurking on and off for years. I live near Mankato, remember meeting Joe Kapp when I visited training camp as a teen, did some running with Alan Page in the 70s, wife works at Minnesota State in Mankato, so I see as much of traing camp as I want to -- and I can tell you wher to park for free if you visit camp ;).

:welcome

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet setup there. I daresay some here may take you up on your offer. Heck, I just might. :govikes:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CBusVike
Waterboy

Post by CBusVike »

:govikes:
SKOL to all. CBusVike here. Been a fan since 1970. Yea, that makes me old as dirt. Thanks for letting me come aboard.
Some of my favorite Vikes...ALL OF THEM. CC and John Randle, Kevin Williams, Tark, Krause, Matt Blair....the list goes on.
Bronco
Practice Squad

Post by Bronco »

I worked and roamed the sidelines at the Old stadium as a teen and it was a great job. Both teams were on the same side in those days and gave me an opportunity to talk to players as they left the field. It was a great life for a young fan.

Moved to Montana at 17 and bet all my rent money on the Vikings on every Super Bowl. It broke me of gambling and I haven't lost a dime since.

I'm hoping that before I croak I can see them win it.

My next Hope is that a Montana boy Colt Anderson makes the team.
Practice squad last year and he had an INT in the St Louis game so off to a good start.

Go Vikes!