Vike Merch in the Airport?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vike Merch in the Airport?

Post by vikeinmontana »

Morning Vikes fans!

Real random question as always from an out-of-state fan...

I'll be flying in to the cities Tuesday morning before heading to Mexico. We're only there for about an hour before departing but was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the airport could tell me if there's a great store to get some Vikes gear before heading out? I would like to stock up a bit and shopping online is always a little risky.

On a similar note, when we fly back home we have a 4-hr layover again in the cities. I have kids ages 11-15 and was curious if there is anything to keep us entertained that long?! anything at the airport? shuttle to the mall? shuttle anywhere else?

Thanks for any possible suggestions.

Skol!
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vike Merch in the Airport?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

vikeinmontana wrote:Morning Vikes fans!

I'll be flying in to the cities Tuesday morning before heading to Mexico. We're only there for about an hour before departing but was wondering if anyone with knowledge of the airport could tell me if there's a great store to get some Vikes gear before heading out? I would like to stock up a bit and shopping online is always a little risky.

On a similar note, when we fly back home we have a 4-hr layover again in the cities. I have kids ages 11-15 and was curious if there is anything to keep us entertained that long?! anything at the airport? shuttle to the mall? shuttle anywhere else?

Skol!
What terminal?
You can leave the airport but you will have to go through security to get back in. Keep that in mind. The Mall isn't too far. I think there is a Light Rail to and from there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleMustReign wrote:What terminal?
You can leave the airport but you will have to go through security to get back in. Keep that in mind. The Mall isn't too far. I think there is a Light Rail to and from there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
good point thanks. looks like the airport has more options since I was last there about 5 years ago. i'll check the terminal when i'm back home. i'm really looking for simple Vikes stuff like hats and tees.

Thanks for the advice!
i'm ready for a beer.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

vikeinmontana wrote:Morning Vikes fans!

There's a couple of shops that sells Minnesota Sporting goods at Terminal 1 (terminal 2 is a wasteland).
I can't give directions to a specific shop but you should see them on the main concourse, they should at least have the basics like hats and t-shirts. Maybe not game jerseys but I haven't paid enough attention to know for sure.
vikeinmontana wrote:On a similar note, when we fly back home we have a 4-hr layover again in the cities. I have kids ages 11-15 and was curious if there is anything to keep us entertained that long?! anything at the airport? shuttle to the mall? shuttle anywhere else?

Skol!
It depends on which terminal once again. Terminal 2 is a wasteland and does not offer much at all.
Terminal 1 is better with quite a few shops and dining options.. enough to satisfy teenagers? Not sure about that :confused:
Mall of America is close by, maybe 10 minutes by light rail which runs quite frequently.
But if you go to MoA make sure to take time for getting back through security. It's usually not too bad at either terminal but it can be up to 30-45 minutes waiting time at the worst of times, that I've experienced that is. Usually it's ~10 minutes.
(It's way faster if you're using TSA-Pre, CLEAR or fly business/first. My experience is from flying coach).
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I know this isn't really what you were looking for, but I've only flown to MN once.

The airport has a lot of great gear, as a matter of fact my favorite Vikings glass came from the airport in 2013. Walk around and you'll find decent prices on just about everything you're looking for.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The light rail is real easy and goes straight to mall.

I do remember one place selling gear but selection
wasn’t huge.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!