Ryder Cup

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Ryder Cup

Post by vikeinmontana »

Any of you locals planning on going this fall? I have been to a few PGA events but I have heard nothing touches the amount of fun the Ryder Cup brings. As of right now we got a group of about 12+ guys planning on making the trip. Really looking forward to a fun week.

As of now the plan is to fly in Thursday and get a round or two of golf in. Then Ryder Cup Friday. Saturday we're looking to play a couple rounds again and the we'll attend the Final round of the Cup again on Sunday. Are there any "must-play" courses in the area? Doesn't have to be crazy expensive but we're certainly looking for something a bit better than a little municipal course. We're all in our thirties now so we don't get too crazy, but a course that isn't real uptight and encourages cocktails is always nice... :beerock:

Also, do any of you know of any nice vacation rentals in the area that may be available late September-early October? I have found a couple but do far the prices are outrageous. I mean, we're talking $5,000 to $14,000 for a 5 bed place for the four nights! :shock: So if anyone knows of anything remotely close to Chaska that won't run an arm and a leg let me know.

Real excited for this trip! :banana:
i'm ready for a beer.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by Texas Vike »

vikeinmontana wrote:Any of you locals planning on going this fall? I have been to a few PGA events but I have heard nothing touches the amount of fun the Ryder Cup brings. As of right now we got a group of about 12+ guys planning on making the trip. Really looking forward to a fun week.

As of now the plan is to fly in Thursday and get a round or two of golf in. Then Ryder Cup Friday. Saturday we're looking to play a couple rounds again and the we'll attend the Final round of the Cup again on Sunday. Are there any "must-play" courses in the area? Doesn't have to be crazy expensive but we're certainly looking for something a bit better than a little municipal course. We're all in our thirties now so we don't get too crazy, but a course that isn't real uptight and encourages cocktails is always nice... :beerock:

Also, do any of you know of any nice vacation rentals in the area that may be available late September-early October? I have found a couple but do far the prices are outrageous. I mean, we're talking $5,000 to $14,000 for a 5 bed place for the four nights! :shock: So if anyone knows of anything remotely close to Chaska that won't run an arm and a leg let me know.

Real excited for this trip! :banana:

Sounds fun!

I'd check airbnb. I've had good luck with them in Europe and the US. Do your research (read reviews and all info carefully).
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Thanks!
i'm ready for a beer.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Iv'e used VRBO.com a couple of times for a Vegas and CA trip with good results. Just make sure you read the fine print (check in times, payment, etc). i've been to the Sony Open a couple of times and I had a lot of fun. Almost a circus like atmosphere. Can't image how fun the Ryder cup will be.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014