PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY in Richfield and Saint Louis Park

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Desperate Recruiter
Waterboy

PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY in Richfield and Saint Louis Park

Post by Desperate Recruiter »

Greetings Vikings fans! I truly appreciate the opportunity to be able to post on this board, so think you for allowing me to do so. I recruit for a company called MarketSource, and we partner with Fortune 500 companies in the Consumer Electronics Industry and help them improve their sales process. Our biggest client currently is Target, and we have been running their mobile department for the past 3 years or so. Target has been very impressed with the work that we have done in the mobile department, that they are slowly allowing us to take over their entire Electronics Department, rather than just the cell phones. With this, we are expanding select stores (less than 100 total nationwide so far) with what we call the Expanded Electronics Experience store. We are putting over $1 million into each store that we are expanding, adding all the newest televisions, tablets, speaker systems, laptops, live phone demos, etc.

Three of the stores that we are expanding are in the metro Minneapolis area and are launching on October 4th. The 3 locations are:
1. Knollwood (8900 Highway 7, Minneapolis, MN)
2. Richfield (6445 Richfield Pkwy, Richfield, MN)
3. Saint Louis Park (3601 Highway 100 S, St Louis Park, MN)

The position would be part-time starting out (20-25 hours per week), but with significant opportunity for growth with strong sales performance. I would say the ideal candidate would be a college student, or someone who has a part-time job and is looking to add a second. The schedule is very flexible, but we would need you to work on Saturdays. You are paid an hourly base rate plus uncapped commissions based on your sales. The pay should be much better than a typical retail job. An average sales associate would be around $12-$13 per hour, but our top associates make significantly more than that.

If you are interested, or know of anyone who might be interested (children, friends, other family members, etc.), or have any questions, you can either reply back on here or email me at @ dewatson@marketsource.com. I will post the job posting as a reply to this message.

Big thanks to Cliff for allowing me to post this here!

Skol!
Desperate Recruiter
Waterboy

Re: PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY in Richfield and Saint Louis P

Come Join the Target Mobile Team!

Target is looking for reliable, motivated individuals who are dedicated to helping others meet their wireless needs. In this position, you will be working within the electronics department inside of Target, selling cell phones, contracts, and cell phone accessories for all major service providers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint)

You must be able to move throughout the store to actively engage customers, demonstrate products and effectively execute the sales function.

Qualifications:

- High School Diploma.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Flexible schedule
- Reliable transportation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communications skills.
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires
the ability to process complex situations with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze customer needs, present solutions and add value
through delivery of products and services.
- 1 - 2 years experience in retail sales preferred.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening.

Please reply with your resume AND THE LOCATION THAT YOUR PREFER and a quick note on why you think this position is great for you. Only qualified applicants will be considered.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I worked for Target for a very long time, and it was the worst company I ever worked for IMO

They are firing people buy the thousands to pay for the 2 billion dollar screw up in Canada.

17,000 people in Canada fired
1500-2000 in HQ fired
thousands more in the united states
thousands in India

God bless you if you need a job and want this one and get it... IMO I would rather clean the bathrooms
of every Packer fan in the world for nothing, than work for Target.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Desperate Recruiter
Waterboy

Jackal, Just FYI, this position is not for Target, but for Marketsource. We partner with Fortune 500 companies in the consumer electronics industry, including Apple, Samsung, AT&T, HP, LG, Sharp, Dell, Sprint, Verizon, Bose etc. Target reached out to us about 3 years ago to help them in their cell phone department, and we are very proud of the work we have done. We took over from Radioshack, who was doing it before us, and increased sales by over 40% in the first year. I can't speak for Target, but although Marketsource has been around for 39 years, we have doubled in size twice in the past 10 years, and we are still growing by the day. You should check out our website at www.marketsource.com if you are so inclined.

Regardless of what you think about Target, and I'm sorry that your experience with them was bad, I think you would be impressed with our new Expanded Electronics Experience stores that Marketsource is launching. Check one out the next time that you are in one of the 3 areas that I posted above.... That's if you still go to Target, which I'm guessing you probably don't after your poor experience with them.. Can't blame you though!

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, and stick up for my company a little bit. Thanks.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up, and stick up for my company a little bit. Thanks.
I don't know anything about market source but I wouldn't go into a Target for any reason, at all.
IMO there Leadership are young poorly trained and unethical in many ways. Out of 40 managers
in my building about 28 quit in three months(November to January) The building moral was so
poor and the senior management was trying to pretend like nothing was going on. The employees
were getting harassed so badly. To work with the management at Target in any way shape or form
IMO would be worse than almost anything I can imagine.

Its like that line from the Breakfast Club ...

You don't even know any of my friends!

Judd Nelson Character response...

I don't know any lepers either, but I am not going to join one of their F&*&ing colonies!
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!