Chris Bosh out indefinitely with blood clots in lungs

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Chris Bosh out indefinitely with blood clots in lungs

Post by DK Sweets »

I didn't really know where to post this, but I feel like this is one of this e stories that just kind of transcends sports. It's always weird to me to see guys like Bosh or Eric Berry go down with health problems like this when they're clearly some of the healthiest men on the planet. It's just a shame.

Here's hoping for a fast recovery for all athletes who deal with bad luck like this.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Chris Bosh out indefinitely with blood clots in lungs

Post by frosted »

Agreed, DK - also on same sort of note, Patrick Peterson of the Cardinals reportedly had some issues with his blood sugar levels this past season, Bruce Arians referred to as 'borderline diabetes'. That hits close to home for me personally, as I'm a type 1 diabetic. Jay Cutler is also a type 1. Obviously Cutler has taken a lot of flak as a player over the years, but I've always had a level of respect for him (and now Peterson), knowing the struggle the condition can be - especially considering the amount of pride I've always taken in my physical condition, and I know a lot of people don't understand the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. A very physically fit young man can be hit in a devastating (mental, emotional) fashion when diagnosed with type 1 - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

One guy I used to work with went to the ER last week with severe chest pains. They fiund a softball sized tumor in his chest that is almost certainly cancer. He is a healthy eater and took decent care of his body. It makes you think sometimes. You do everything you can and still these things happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I knew a woman, who was very healthy and successful; got pancreatic cancer and was dead in six months.
To me that is why you have to make the most of everyday. There are no do overs in life. We can't control everything;
However, we can make the most of our lives, and try and have a positive effect, on those we love.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!