RIP Stuart Scott

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

RIP Stuart Scott

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning at the age of 49.

Among the features of the new ESPN studio in Bristol is a wall of catchphrases made famous by on-air talent over the years. An amazing nine of them belong to one man -- from his signature "Boo-Yah!" to "As cool as the other side of the pillow" to "He must be the bus driver cuz he was takin' him to school."
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1211 ... ies-age-49

I don't know how many members here watched Sports Center back in the early 90s, but I sure did. I was in High School at the time, and would watch every chance I got. Stuart Scott was one of the main reasons because of the way he made the highlights fun. I loved his catch phrases, especially "Boo-yah!". Between him, Rich Eisen, and Kenny Mayne, ESPN was a fun place to be back then.

I Will miss him, even though I don't watch ESPN as much as I used to for many reasons. When I would see him, I always knew it would be fun watching whatever highlight package he was presenting.

RIP Stuart. You will be missed.
"When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live."
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: RIP Stuart Scott

Post by jackal »

I listened to his speech this last year and I thought it was one of the best I had ever heard.
He had great focus on what really mattered in his life. His daughters, sitting there in the audience
;was very touching thing.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Rich Eisen's good bye speech was so heart breaking... I had a lump in my throat.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I had grown sick of Sportscentre/ESPN by the time Scott was in his heyday.

I wasn't really, nor will I ever be, a big fan of announcers or reporters.....but I've been reading all the stories about this guy and have been really moved by his character.

What a great man and a shame to be whisked away so young.
Can only wonder if cannabis oill might have saved him?

Looking forward to watching Eisen's piece.