Jackal's a College student AGAIN !

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Jackal's a College student AGAIN !

Post by jackal »

Well I am offically finishing my Bachelors now online with Colorado Techincal Universty online
program. I got a small college grant and no intrest loans to pay for the last almost two years
of school.

This something I have put off for too long. My oldest is getting to the age where he is his own
person now.(kinda weird) I am really exicted about this and a little overwelmed as well.
My oldest came up and told me how proud he was off me and that got to the spot of my
heart only your kids have clearence too.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Re: Jackal's a College student AGAIN !

Post by VikingMachine »

Nice! Will this allow you to advance within your company more easily?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

possibly, but I am going to pursue a Heath care Business management degree
and work in hospital or nursing home etc etc. My sister in law does this
and makes really really good money.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

jackal wrote:possibly, but I am going to pursue a Heath care Business management degree
My sister is a RN or LPN whichever is higher and when she lived in Cali she got paid a boatload! Good luck man!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Thanks a lot Chris I can't wait to finish school and have more options.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Good for you jakal. I know I should do that too. I'm trying to motivate myself enough to go, but it hasn't worked yet. :?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

You can't be that old. Well, good luck with the medical career. Hopefully it goes better than mine.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

jackal wrote:possibly, but I am going to pursue a Heath care Business management degree
healthcare admin is a good field to be going into. one of the few growth fields around right now. good luck!
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Congratulations, Jackal! And good luck.

Dawn
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Health care, education, and government were really about the only job sectors that saw growth in employment and wages for nearly 10 years. You really couldn't have picked a better field now, actually.
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

jackal wrote:Well I am offically finishing my Bachelors now online with Colorado Techincal Universty online
program. I got a small college grant and no intrest loans to pay for the last almost two years
of school.

This something I have put off for too long. My oldest is getting to the age where he is his own
person now.(kinda weird) I am really exicted about this and a little overwelmed as well.
My oldest came up and told me how proud he was off me and that got to the spot of my
Congrats! I want to go to nursing school something awful. Right now, we're living like paupers, paying down bills so hopefully I can go to nursing school in a few years. I've been to medical assisting school but that was over 20 years ago. I've worked as a medical assistant, medical biller, medical receptionist and mostly as a medical transcriptionist. My biggest challenge will be chemistry. It certainly was in high school. Thankfully, Hubby is a chemistry genius and can help me. I may just go for LPN to start. Of course the current book I'm reading about how the Marburg virus originated is creeping me out pretty bad and the thought of some of the stuff you can get from people..... It's bad enough that I got really sick a couple of months ago and the hospital made me even worse by giving me a contaminated IV that caused blood poisoning streaking up my left arm. The vein is still swollen and sore but at least it's not rock hard anymore. I guess I now know what heroin addicts deal with. Ouch. It's very painful when the vein becomes swollen and infected. Of course, most heroin addicts are probably more careful with sterility than those 2 nurses who inserted the IV. Harumph.

Seriously, I want to be in an occupation to help people. Of course, I want to see what happens with health care in the next couple of years first. I'm not going to spend big bucks to go to nursing school to make $12 an hour.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
Tammy
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

jackal wrote:Well I am offically finishing my Bachelors now online with Colorado Techincal Universty online
of school.

Excellent, Jackal. Best of luck with your studies.
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

glg wrote: healthcare admin is a good field to be going into. one of the few growth fields around right now. good luck!
I have to wonder what will happen to me if 3200 is passed? I've worked as a medical assistant, billing manager and receptionist I'm back to doing medical transcription - this time from home. I work for a large company. Will I still have my job? The notes need dictated and transcribed by us before they go into the chart. Or will my job be a government job? The uncertainty is making my ulcer flare.
Tammy
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

update

I have made it through three secessions now each one is five weeks long and usually two classes
at a time. I made the Chancelors list with a perfect 4.0 so far and will have my Associates done
this summer of 2010 and summer 2011 my bachelors is done

I didn't even know there was a chancellors list

man 8-10 to ten units in five weeks is crazy sometimes... on top a full time job and family to deal
with.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Congrats! Keep up the good work!