Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call

Post by dead_poet »

Wow.
Umpire Marty Foster later admitted he was wrong, but his contrition mattered little to the Tampa Bay Rays, who found themselves on the bad end of a worse call in a 5-4 loss Monday night to the Texas Rangers. Just listening to the descriptions by the radio/TV guys in the highlight reel tells you everything you need to know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKD2400suUA
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Further proving my theory that umpires and officials can and will end a game whenever and however they want. I still think Jim Joyce should have been suspended for a week without pay for his call at the end of that perfect game a few years back. If i screwed up that badly in my job i would probably be fired.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RandallioCobb18
Starter

Re: Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call

Post by RandallioCobb18 »

Disgusting. Refs suck. I hope him and whatever ref that was (Cant remember his name) that messed up that call in Seattle never find jobs as officials again, do your #### job and do it right.