View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call 
Commissioner

Post Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call
Wow.

Quote:
Umpire Marty Foster later admitted he was wrong, but his contrition mattered little to the Tampa Bay Rays, who found themselves on the bad end of a worse call in a 5-4 loss Monday night to the Texas Rangers. Just listening to the descriptions by the radio/TV guys in the highlight reel tells you everything you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKD2400suUA

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Post Re: Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call
Further proving my theory that umpires and officials can and will end a game whenever and however they want. I still think Jim Joyce should have been suspended for a week without pay for his call at the end of that perfect game a few years back. If i screwed up that badly in my job i would probably be fired.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starter

Post Re: Umpire Marty Foster's terrible 'strike three' call
dead_poet wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
Umpire Marty Foster later admitted he was wrong, but his contrition mattered little to the Tampa Bay Rays, who found themselves on the bad end of a worse call in a 5-4 loss Monday night to the Texas Rangers. Just listening to the descriptions by the radio/TV guys in the highlight reel tells you everything you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKD2400suUA

Disgusting. Refs suck. I hope him and whatever ref that was (Cant remember his name) that messed up that call in Seattle never find jobs as officials again, do your #### job and do it right.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]