How many of you have come over from other boards?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

How many of you have come over from other boards?

Post by Funkytown »

Hello! I'm Melanie (obviously you can tell that by my screen name), and I've been blogging under the screen name "MelanieMFunk" for about 5 years or so now. I was one of the top posters on the official Vikings fan site of "WeAreVikingsFans.com" and then I was recently one of the top posters on Vikings.com's message board. Both have shut down. WAVF ended a couple years ago, and the Vikings.com message board just randomly decided to shut down last week. I have no clue why. But either way, I'm just curious on how many people have come over from WAVF or the Vikings.com message board? And what were your screen names over there?

Thanks!

Melanie
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Re: How many of you have come over from other boards?

Post by King James »

Well hello Melanie. As you can see I venture here as well not to long ago. This is my new site since the Vikings. com bored is shut down.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Hello! Yeah, I saw that you came over. I saw that Jeffbleedspurple did, too--as well as tjbucvik23. So, that means 4 of us have come over so far. I'm just curious how many others will--and how many others have come over from the past.
CaptainKirov
Starter

Post by CaptainKirov »

I came over from Minnesota Vikings Nation. Still very much active on MVN but sometimes it dies for a few days so i go elsewhere for my vikings fix
In victory,magnanimity; In defeat, defiance! - Fredrick The Great

MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

Same as above.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

I was on the we are vikings fans page..that was a decent site, too bad they shut it down.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

viking_guy wrote:I was on the we are vikings fans page..that was a decent site, too bad they shut it down.
WAVF was the best! Everyone was bummed when it went away. :(
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

I was back on Alt.sports.MinnesotaVikings or whatever it was called. Back in the late 90's. It was a Usenet group and was getting over run by trolls. Than I believe this site was started and everyone that was a good poster followed to here.

This is the only place I really read and post about Vikings. I lurk the KFAN Vikes board but it is filled with so much stupidity, immaturity, morons etc, that I never did take the time to even register.

I love talking about the Vikings but I don't need all the immaturity some people bring.So I basically just post here, not very often I might add, and read this board for my fix.
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

NDVikeFan wrote:I was back on Alt.sports.MinnesotaVikings or whatever it was called. Back in the late 90's. It was a Usenet group and was getting over run by trolls. Than I believe this site was started and everyone that was a good poster followed to here.

This is the only place I really read and post about Vikings. I lurk the KFAN Vikes board but it is filled with so much stupidity, immaturity, morons etc, that I never did take the time to even register.

I love talking about the Vikings but I don't need all the immaturity some people bring.So I basically just post here, not very often I might add, and read this board for my fix.
I was on Alt.sports.football.mnvikings too until it was run over by trolls and Kansas Viking (Mike) started this board - been visiting it almost every day since but I don't post much - have to admit that my interest (for all things NFL) waned considerably since bounty gate (even gave up my season tix)
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

As Greg and NDVikeFan have mentioned, a lot of the people here (myself included) came from alt.sports.football.mnvikings. It was a good newsgroup for years before the trolls finally destroyed it. This has been my Vikings "home" ever since. :)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I Googled "Vikings Message Board" and this board was first on the list... So I joined!

It is an awesome board and I love coming here every day!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote: I wasn't quite as bummed when it went away, it gave me a chance for a new name and a new start, hahaha! My nightmare started at WAVF when the Vikings picked up Favre whom I didn't care for and I let people know it to.

Favre didn't wear purple long enough to wear off the stench of green and gold. So I still don't like him to much.

But that's all history, so good enough for me ;)
Well, I was extremely bummed. I know a lot of us were. It sucked! It still sucks! lol As far as you not liking Favre and getting a hard time for it--you'll be alright! Rub some dirt on it! :D
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote:As Greg and NDVikeFan have mentioned, a lot of the people here (myself included) came from alt.sports.football.mnvikings. It was a good newsgroup for years before the trolls finally destroyed it. This has been my Vikings "home" ever since. :)
I'm a very rare poster (avid reader), but I came from the newsgroup also.

'Sir Francis' destroyed that awesome newsgroup, but this place is better :)
Damian
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote: Hey JEC334! Glad to see you here! You normally always had some good point of views, guess that's why I usually agreed with you on most. Welcome :smilevike:

SKOL VIKINGS!
It's nice to see more familiar members here. I guess this is the site for now since the Vikings.com message board is down for good. Just like another member said, I typed in, "Minnesota Vikings Message Board," and this was the first site that popped up.

I like this site though. It's much more active than the old site and I can only imagine how active this site will be when the season starts. Hopefully we wont have to deal with guys like Plainsman. You'll get a break from RudyTudy. And Melanie wont have to debate with Lethal and his "stat sheets" lol
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

JEC334 wrote: It's nice to see more familiar members here. I guess this is the site for now since the Vikings.com message board is down for good. Just like another member said, I typed in, "Minnesota Vikings Message Board," and this was the first site that popped up.

I like this site though. It's much more active than the old site and I can only imagine how active this site will be when the season starts. Hopefully we wont have to deal with guys like Plainsman. You'll get a break from RudyTudy. And Melanie wont have to debate with Lethal and his "stat sheets" lol
This made me laugh! So true! :thumbsup: