View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How many of you have come over from other boards? 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post How many of you have come over from other boards?
Hello! I'm Melanie (obviously you can tell that by my screen name), and I've been blogging under the screen name "MelanieMFunk" for about 5 years or so now. I was one of the top posters on the official Vikings fan site of "WeAreVikingsFans.com" and then I was recently one of the top posters on Vikings.com's message board. Both have shut down. WAVF ended a couple years ago, and the Vikings.com message board just randomly decided to shut down last week. I have no clue why. But either way, I'm just curious on how many people have come over from WAVF or the Vikings.com message board? And what were your screen names over there?

Thanks!

Melanie

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 am
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: How many of you have come over from other boards?
Well hello Melanie. As you can see I venture here as well not to long ago. This is my new site since the Vikings. com bored is shut down.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:53 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Hello! Yeah, I saw that you came over. I saw that Jeffbleedspurple did, too--as well as tjbucvik23. So, that means 4 of us have come over so far. I'm just curious how many others will--and how many others have come over from the past.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Starter

I came over from Minnesota Vikings Nation. Still very much active on MVN but sometimes it dies for a few days so i go elsewhere for my vikings fix

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 am
Practice Squad

Same as above.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I was on the we are vikings fans page..that was a decent site, too bad they shut it down.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:47 pm
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Inductee

viking_guy wrote:
I was on the we are vikings fans page..that was a decent site, too bad they shut it down.

WAVF was the best! Everyone was bummed when it went away. :(

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I was back on Alt.sports.MinnesotaVikings or whatever it was called. Back in the late 90's. It was a Usenet group and was getting over run by trolls. Than I believe this site was started and everyone that was a good poster followed to here.

This is the only place I really read and post about Vikings. I lurk the KFAN Vikes board but it is filled with so much stupidity, immaturity, morons etc, that I never did take the time to even register.

I love talking about the Vikings but I don't need all the immaturity some people bring.So I basically just post here, not very often I might add, and read this board for my fix.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player

NDVikeFan wrote:
I was back on Alt.sports.MinnesotaVikings or whatever it was called. Back in the late 90's. It was a Usenet group and was getting over run by trolls. Than I believe this site was started and everyone that was a good poster followed to here.

This is the only place I really read and post about Vikings. I lurk the KFAN Vikes board but it is filled with so much stupidity, immaturity, morons etc, that I never did take the time to even register.

I love talking about the Vikings but I don't need all the immaturity some people bring.So I basically just post here, not very often I might add, and read this board for my fix.

I was on Alt.sports.football.mnvikings too until it was run over by trolls and Kansas Viking (Mike) started this board - been visiting it almost every day since but I don't post much - have to admit that my interest (for all things NFL) waned considerably since bounty gate (even gave up my season tix)

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm
Defensive Tackle

As Greg and NDVikeFan have mentioned, a lot of the people here (myself included) came from alt.sports.football.mnvikings. It was a good newsgroup for years before the trolls finally destroyed it. This has been my Vikings "home" ever since. :)

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:56 am
Starting Wide Receiver

I Googled "Vikings Message Board" and this board was first on the list... So I joined!

It is an awesome board and I love coming here every day!!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:
viking_guy wrote:

WAVF was the best! Everyone was bummed when it went away. :(

I wasn't quite as bummed when it went away, it gave me a chance for a new name and a new start, hahaha! My nightmare started at WAVF when the Vikings picked up Favre whom I didn't care for and I let people know it to.

Favre didn't wear purple long enough to wear off the stench of green and gold. So I still don't like him to much.

But that's all history, so good enough for me ;)

Well, I was extremely bummed. I know a lot of us were. It sucked! It still sucks! lol As far as you not liking Favre and getting a hard time for it--you'll be alright! Rub some dirt on it! :D

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Transition Player

Mothman wrote:
As Greg and NDVikeFan have mentioned, a lot of the people here (myself included) came from alt.sports.football.mnvikings. It was a good newsgroup for years before the trolls finally destroyed it. This has been my Vikings "home" ever since. :)

I'm a very rare poster (avid reader), but I came from the newsgroup also.

'Sir Francis' destroyed that awesome newsgroup, but this place is better :)

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 am
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:
JEC334 wrote:
Well hello Melanie. As you can see I venture here as well not to long ago. This is my new site since the Vikings. com bored is shut down.

Hey JEC334! Glad to see you here! You normally always had some good point of views, guess that's why I usually agreed with you on most. Welcome :smilevike:

SKOL VIKINGS!

It's nice to see more familiar members here. I guess this is the site for now since the Vikings.com message board is down for good. Just like another member said, I typed in, "Minnesota Vikings Message Board," and this was the first site that popped up.

I like this site though. It's much more active than the old site and I can only imagine how active this site will be when the season starts. Hopefully we wont have to deal with guys like Plainsman. You'll get a break from RudyTudy. And Melanie wont have to debate with Lethal and his "stat sheets" lol

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:14 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

JEC334 wrote:
Jeffbleedspurple wrote:
JEC334 wrote:

Hey JEC334! Glad to see you here! You normally always had some good point of views, guess that's why I usually agreed with you on most. Welcome :smilevike:

SKOL VIKINGS!

It's nice to see more familiar members here. I guess this is the site for now since the Vikings.com message board is down for good. Just like another member said, I typed in, "Minnesota Vikings Message Board," and this was the first site that popped up.

I like this site though. It's much more active than the old site and I can only imagine how active this site will be when the season starts. Hopefully we wont have to deal with guys like Plainsman. You'll get a break from RudyTudy. And Melanie wont have to debate with Lethal and his "stat sheets" lol

This made me laugh! So true! :thumbsup:

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

Also James, you probably totally jinxed me! I bet Lethal will come find me and make my life miserable again--or at least try. lol.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am
Profile WWW
All Pro Elite Player

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:
Also James, you probably totally jinxed me! I bet Lethal will come find me and make my life miserable again--or at least try. lol.

Lethal, rudytudy, I think you're talking about the same person. Yea! there is a few names I hope don't find way here.

I dont think Lethal and RudyTudy were the same people. Rudytudy was a good poster at times but if you didn't agree with him he would verbally insult you for no reason. Plus he was so quick to give up on the team and make bold predictions and got proved wrong badly. He often made arguments without any evidence to back him up. He was vert biased too.

Lethal, well there is no arguing with this guy. Be prepared for a lot of reading. No matter if you're winning or losing an argument against this guy he will have a stat sheet for every reply. I bet you the guy can gather the number of times he had to use stats to win and argument on the message board. lol

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 pm
All Pro Elite Player

But I dont think any member was worse than Plainsman aka the guy who accused me and everyone else of being racist.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Yeah. They weren't the same people. Not even close.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

JEC334 wrote:
But I dont think any member was worse than Plainsman aka the guy who accused me and everyone else of being racist.

Yeah. He was intelligent, but he definitely had some racial stuff going on. I don't get it. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

MelanieMFunk wrote:
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Especially me ;)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I see we have moderators on this board unlike the previous board so Ill have to choose my words more carefully on here.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:24 pm
All Pro Elite Player

But out of all the avi's you chose a T-Jack one? lol I can see if it was Duante Culpepper or Warren Moon, but T-Jack????? lol

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

JEC334 wrote:
But out of all the avi's you chose a T-Jack one? lol I can see if it was Duante Culpepper or Warren Moon, but T-Jack????? lol

LOL. Would you expect anything different? Come on now. Out of the ones displayed on the site, I knew Jackson said "Melanie." lol. Besides, I wanted it to be unique--I don't see many other people displaying Jackson. :)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

MelanieMFunk wrote:
I don't see many other people displaying Jackson. :)

...is...he...still a Viking? Were you a pretty big fan of his?

Maybe I should change my avatar to Chris Hovan. :o

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:

Not still a Viking. Not everyone's avatars are current Vikings players--in case you haven't noticed. Mine makes more sense than some. :) Just sayin'.

And yeah, I like Jackson. He's my boy.

Hovan was cool. I liked how much he hated Favre. Good times.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

MelanieMFunk wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
MelanieMFunk wrote:

Not still a Viking. Not everyone's avatars are current Vikings players--in case you haven't noticed. Mine makes more sense than some. :) Just sayin'.

And yeah, I like Jackson. He's my boy.

Hovan was cool. I liked how much he hated Favre. Good times.

No problem. It's interesting when fans put guys like Berrian or Tarvaris (let's just say not the most popular ones) as their avatars. A little difference from Tarvaris Jackson and Jim Marshall or Joe Kapp though. 8) Just giving you a hard time. I was a T-Jack supporter for longer than most. But I eventually soured after repeated disappointments. I could only take so much. It's admirable you're still a fan, though. He must've done something to win you over.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Well atleast your avi is of a Vikings member unlike mine.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
No problem. It's interesting when fans put guys like Berrian or Tarvaris (let's just say not the most popular ones) as their avatars. A little difference from Tarvaris Jackson and Jim Marshall or Joe Kapp though. 8) Just giving you a hard time. I was a T-Jack supporter for longer than most. But I eventually soured after repeated disappointments. I could only take so much. It's admirable you're still a fan, though. He must've done something to win you over.

Giving me a hard time? I can take it! :)

Repeated disappointments? Like what?

It's not so much what Jackson did that made me a fan. It was all of the hours I put into defending the man--and the fact that he was a Viking. lol. I would be a fool to give up on him now. But more than that, I feel like the fans were too hard on him. I don't think he's half as bad as people try to pretend. People love to hate Tarvaris Jackson--all while not being intelligient enough to spell his freakin' name right. lol. It got annoying real quick.

More than that though, 99% of the time I support everything Vikings. I'm not one to sit around and bash everyone and their dog. I'd rather bash other cry-baby fans than turn on my purple! :D So, that's what I did. It was me and like one other person on WeAreVikingsFans.com defending Jackson. It was us against the world it seemed. lol :) I'll never turn my back on him.

The fans treated him like garbage--and he still wanted to play for the Vikings and be in Minnesota. If I was him I would have WANTED to leave, but he didn't. Then you have guys like Harvin who everyone loves--and he can't wait to get outta Minnesota. At least Jackson wanted to be a Viking. He earned my respect. Plus, for a quarterback, he's buff. lol

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

JEC334 wrote:
Well atleast your avi is of a Vikings member unlike mine.

LOL. Exactly! I was like, "What is James talking about? He's giving me a hard time about my avatar when his is a woman?" lol. Nice!

Who is that now? She looks like a woman on this TV show called "Deception" that I watch.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next