2012 T-Wolves

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

2012 T-Wolves

Post by vikeinmontana »

Well aware that the season JUST started...i am really enjoying watching these guys so far. considering no rubio or love...they look pretty good out there. love our depth especially. it's gonna be a learning curve and at times they do things to make me throw my remote. but they are a bunch of workhorses and we won't get out-hustled or out-worked often.

i just love the guys on this team. unselfish for sure.
i'm ready for a beer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2012 T-Wolves

Post by PurpleMustReign »

vikeinmontana wrote:Well aware that the season JUST started...i am really enjoying watching these guys so far. considering no rubio or love...they look pretty good out there. love our depth especially. it's gonna be a learning curve and at times they do things to make me throw my remote. but they are a bunch of workhorses and we won't get out-hustled or out-worked often.

i just love the guys on this team. unselfish for sure.
I'm excited too!! I was at the Home Opener, and there is an energy level with this team that there hasn't been in years. Not to mention they actally play defense now. JJ Barea is a stud off the bench, and I love Pekovic (sp?).
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I went to last night's game... it was exciting!! This team is having a great start to the season!!!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

playing well again tonight. up 10 with about 7 to play against the mavs. pretty sloppy game and not many shots falling. these are the wins a love though. gritty. no rubio. no love. no berrea. no roy! but we play good team ball. and as PMR said....we play pretty damn good defense. can't wait to get our studs back and see what we can do. thought we were a playoff team last year before rubio went down. we should be on the cusp again this season.

and i'm loving the play of ak-47 too.

:rock:
i'm ready for a beer.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

5-2 start to the season. undefeated at home. and playing some of the best defense in the league. only the knicks currently allow fewer points than the wolves. we start making shots and getting healthy and we'll be a very exciting team. :thumbsup:
i'm ready for a beer.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

brutal game to watch last night, and it all came down to shooting. in this very early part of the season we play as good of defense as anyone. we also rebound very well and do decent taking care of the ball. but as expected when 5 of your 7 best players are on the bench something is going to be lacking...and for us that is shooting. :( 38% from the field. only 26% from three and worst of all....54% from the line. that is not going to do it.

lets hope we do better against the warriors tomorrow. :confused:
i'm ready for a beer.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I can't link YouTube videos at work but Wolves fans should search for "Uncle Drew Episode 2" on YouTube for a good laugh.
ATLviking
Backup

Post by ATLviking »

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but MAN can this team be more snakebit by injuries??? We knew Rubio was going to be out for the start of the season....then Love breaks his hand right before the season starts. Now Budinger who had filled in really well is out for awhile, and Brandon Roy is getting arthoscopic knee surgery. This is a very promising young team, but they need to get these guys back to contend in the West.
Morris Claiborne looks good in purple and yellow.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

ATLviking wrote:I know I haven't posted in awhile, but MAN can this team be more snakebit by injuries??? We knew Rubio was going to be out for the start of the season....then Love breaks his hand right before the season starts. Now Budinger who had filled in really well is out for awhile, and Brandon Roy is getting arthoscopic knee surgery. This is a very promising young team, but they need to get these guys back to contend in the West.
No kidding. But, IF they can get healthy... they can be a force in the West. Not quite a Beat-LA force, but at least a Playoff team.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Nuggets!!! If they ever figure who their go-to guys are on offense, they're going to be very very dangerous. Great coach, lot's of young talent and an incredibly deep roster.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Once Rubio gets back I think this team will be playoff bound. Damn injuries are attempting to derail a season in which we should be playoff bound.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

I just hope we can keep Kevin Love. He is unhappy but I would love to see what kind of duo Love and Pek can turn into in the future.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The way they are "playing" lately they will be lucky to finish .500. they need someone to step up other than Pekovich and Barea. What happened to their defense?
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The way they are "playing" lately they will be lucky to finish .500. they need someone to step up other than Pekovich and Barea. What happened to their defense?
they're still about the same as they were to start the season which is actually pretty amazing considering the injuries. think we have given up 2 more points a game the last month as we did to start the season. it's no surprise that we're right around 3-7 since we lost love again. i guess i'm just saying that considering who gets significant minutes for this team i'm relatively happy with how they have fared. we have 7 guys getting double-digits every night and derrick williams getting 9. (this needs to increase). we're great on the boards and middle of the pack as far as opponents scoring goes.

but yes....if we continue to lose our best players like we have been we simply don't have the talent to win consistently. :(
i'm ready for a beer.
MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

Do you guys think we'll be able to keep K. Love? He seems very unhappy and could end up in LA eventually.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis