Twins fire bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Twins fire bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins ... 63381.html
Bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek, who just completed his 32nd season and was the longest-tenured member of the club, has been let go.

Stelmaszek, 64, met with Twins general manager Terry Ryan at 9 a.m. this morning when he was informed that, after consecutive last-place finishes, that the club is making changes.

"It still hasn't sunk in," Stelmaszek said.

Indications in recent weeks have been that Ryan was going to shake up the coaching staff, and this is the first move. More could be coming today, as Ryan is scheduled to meet individually with each member of the coaching staff.

Class AAA Rochester manager Gene Glynn and Rochester hitting coach Tom Brunansky could be in line for promotions as a result of the shakeup.

Stelmaszek said he called his wife, Kathie, to inform her of Ryan's decision then began packing for his afternoon flight to his home in Chicago. Stelmaszek was one of the masterminds behind the "Good Morning America" drills that are a staple of spring training. His humor and biting commentary in the clubhouse helped kept things loose.

"The years flew by," Stelmaszek said. "We had good ones and we had mediocre ones and we had bad ones. The one thing I can say is that we tried to play the game the right way and have some fun with it. That is what I'm going to miss on the field and in the clubhouse."

Right, the Bullpen coach cost us so many games these last years. :roll: Idiots.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Twins fire bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Minnesota Twins fire or reassign all but one coach
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_216 ... ost_viewed

I can't believe they didn't get rid of the last two pieces of the puzzle...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Twins fire bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Thaumaturgist wrote: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_216 ... ost_viewed

I can't believe they didn't get rid of the last two pieces of the puzzle...

I have lost all respect for Terry Ryan. Someone explain to me how Rick Stelmaszek and Jerry White cost them any games this season.

What a joke of a franchise.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018